New Char

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by M@de in China, Dec 18, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

my characters usually high tail it out of the crash site asap so that they can either get sogg at a low level or so that they can level up and get better equipment because they were weak at the start. my gunfighter started out raised by monks, bought a staff to help him out, then ran out of the crash site while encountering and killing one wolf.

2. Sauron

Sauron New Member

Know what I think is really fun?........ Base your character on soeone! From lik a video game or something. I have done legolas, gimliey (spelling), Aragorn, Broomire (spelling). I'm currently playing on make in Link :cool: or Ganon :evil: . You know from all those legend of zelda games.

3. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

i just made a legolas character. he is an elf with the army training background. at level 3 he has put 2 points into bow in addition to the bonus and 1 point into melee in addition to the bonus. virgil heals him and he has the first 2 spells of nature. he still is too weak to use anything more than the short bow.

4. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Strength of Earth. Get him the bow from the Elven Burial Ground. It is an Elven Hunters Bow with + 10% TH.

5. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

is the elven burial ground where you get sent to find the funeral stone for cassandra pettibone?

6. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

7. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

nice, hes doing pretty well with his elven hunters bow right now. im trying to steal the blessed bow from the mage shop in tarant but i cant pull it off. i think i need the pickpocket guantlets to pull it off. i stole all his arrows so the bow is in his inventory without any points in pickpocket, i might just use a fate point to get it later on if i cant get it without putting cps in pickpocket.

8. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

i got the blessed bow with the pickpocket gauntlets. it has less range than my elven hunters bow (15 instead of 20) and 1 less speed, but its +15 TH is very nice :D

9. Deathmage

Deathmage New Member

I played a half-ogre named Hugh who was raised in the pits (who needs intelligence anyway?!). He maxed out Dodge & Melee at the Black Mountain Clan, and then he maxed out Strengh and Dexterity, and now I'm at level 32 and I just maxed out Constitution. He's a killing machine with a Broadsword in one hand and a Shield in the other! Plus his dumb dialogue is just hilarious. So all in all, try the half-orge.

10. Gavla

Gavla New Member

I called mine 'Mr. Genius'
    I love the way that as soon as you quaff a potion of intelligence, he can suddenly sound very sophisticated. That's funny.

My freinds and I have adopted 'ohtay' into our everyday vocabulary.

11. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

my half ogre has attained a relatively high level of intelligence of 10. he is learning all of smithy so that he can make elite plate for himself, sogg, and chukka when i get him. right now i have virgil and i think he will stay because of his interesting story line and i just like him a lot. i think ill also get dog to add to our killing power :D

12. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

my half ogre has attained a relatively high level of intelligence of 10. he is learning all of smithy so that he can make elite plate for himself, sogg, and chukka when i get him. right now i have virgil and i think he will stay because of his interesting story line and i just like him a lot. i think ill also get dog to add to our killing power :D
    he is also beginning to rival sogg in his drinking so he is dumb unless hes building things :D

13. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

sorry about the double post. i went to the elven ruins to find the +TH elven hunters bow but none of the dark elves had it. is it in the ruins themselves?

14. Canis

Canis New Member

Yes, I think it's in some sort of container in the main chamber where the funerary stone is.

15. Dr. Viktor Arkavil

Dr. Viktor Arkavil New Member

I've got 2 character at the moment, one's a Half-Oge with Elven blood -- I'm playing him as an Ogre Mage/Oni as seen in the D&D game. Focusing on Elemental Air, Mental, Morph, Necromantic (both), and Phantasm magics. I'm about to face the 3 thieves blocking exit from Shrouded Hills. Started by bumping his Dex by 1 and Int by 2, and gave him 1 each in Melee and Dodge.

My other character is Bwah Ogrunson, a Half-Orge Rare Half-Ogre Birth. He's my technologist, focusing on Chemistry, Explosives, Mechanical, and Smithy, and some Gun Smithy. He's done about half the quests in Tarant so far. I started off giving him 1 extra Dex and 2 in Melee and Dodge, so he's quite an effective Meleeist as well.

I also plan on making an evil Human male Mad Doctor named Viktor Arkavil...

16. Deathmage

Deathmage New Member

Hmm...I had thought that Half-Orges are only effective for chopping stuff up. Guess I was wrong...

I think I might write a guide for Dumb Half-Orges! Yeah. "Frankie" Payne actually joins with dumb peoples... :grin:

Our Host!