Tips For Thief Characters

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by YeaYea2001, Feb 4, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

Part III In The General Hints And Tips By YeaYea2001.

If your on the run, cammoflauge is good. Keep a change of city clothes handy, kill a "gentleman" and strip him of his suit. The recomended cammoflauge wear for the city is (A)A guard's outfit or (B)A Smoking Jacket, good shoes, a top hat and a pocket watch, for ladies, a nice dress and good shoes. Guards never question a getleman(woman) of means or a fellow guard.

Also, a distraction is handy. Leaving a bomb on some poor asshole's front door and running like hell is a good way to get the guard's attention away from you and or your target.

If your being chased, stopping to drop off a smoke or flash bomb works. Also scooping up a nearby piece of coal from a trash can and using it like a baseball is equally effective, tho it does require you to stop. If you have a Bear Trap or Magelock, you can stall guards or an angry shopkeeper by putting a Bear Trap or Magelock on a door. Say for instance, you bashed a shopkeeper and he went unconsious. You grab his key and run like hell, planning to revisit later that night, as soon as you get outside, place a Bear Trap or Magelock on the door. The shopkeeper will try to bash the door down if you use Magelock and the trap will hold him while you make an escape. Keep in mind that you cant go back to the shop.

Let me know if this has been helpfull to you.

2. GiantRaven

GiantRaven New Member

Good things to know even if you are not a thief (like me).

3. Solaris

Solaris New Member

4. M.T.

M.T. New Member

A great thief does NOT require a getaway. Because you'll never get caught.

5. Anchor Wayfaire

Anchor Wayfaire New Member

Well, it sounds good... but does a change of clothes actually do anything in Arcanum? Everyone seems to recognize me, no matter what I'm wearing. So I have a feeling that if I were on the run from the guards, changing into one of their uniforms wouldn't exactly fool them.

6. M.T.

M.T. New Member

Why don't you make a save game before thieving and try and try aggain. As long as you have some thieving skills it should succeed.........eventually.

7. Zekuta

Zekuta New Member

HI JINXED HOW ARE YOU..
    IM VERY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :cool: :cool: :p :p :evil: :cry: :-x :-x :-x 8) 8) 8) 8) :???: :???: :???: :-? :( :D :grin: :) :sad: :-o :-o :smile: :eek: :-x 8) :x :razz: :cry: :evil: :p :-x 8) :???: :eek: :-o :-o :)

Our Host!