Growing Anti-western feeling in the Islan World.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CharlesBHoff, Dec 20, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

I feel the need to contribute my own slowly nodding smiley.

:nod:

2. M@de in China

M@de in China New Member

Ahh, the glory of Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD). So using your logic it would be best that everyone in the world stock up on nuclear weapons so that the world would be safe. PERFECT. Now all we need is a small spark and BOOM there goes the world!

If you remember your history there was something similar to this. It was called World War I. Countries had stockpiled arms and made alliances with each other for "protection". It didn't take long before a rather small assasination (Do you guys know who was assasinated?) turned into an almost globall war.

Do I think it's all right for us to have nuclear weapons and for some countries not to? Of course not. It would be in the best interest of the world if there was no military whatsoever, but we can't be so idealistic. Therefore the best option would be to limit the number of countries who have them and limit the number of the people who do.

3. Settler

Settler Member

Umm... Admiral X...he was Yugoslavian, assasinated by a Bosnian (Serb minority?). Aye...too much Churchill has pushed all the WWI facts out...

4. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Settler, the only bit you have right was that the man was assassinated by someone.

It was the Archduke Ferdinand of Austria who was assassinated. It is usually seen as the major factor in the outbreak of WWI, but in reality it was simply one of many factors, and just happened to be the final straw.

The story of the assassination is actually quite funny if you read up on it (I can't remember the exact details, and I do not with to provide false information) but I seem to remember that the man who did it tried three times in the one day (all his 'tools' kept failing one after the other) and when he finally did it, he ran and jumped in a canal...which had been drained, and broke both legs.

Like I said, quite funny. If you want to know more, read up on it.

5. M@de in China

M@de in China New Member

Wow, you get a cookie! *hands Jarinor a cookie*

6. Settler

Settler Member

Hmmm...that WAS completely wrong*, now that you've pointed it out - except for the Bosnian bit - I could swear that the assasin was Bosnian.

*Where the hell did I get Yugoslavian from?!

7. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

He was an assassin from a Serbian group called, I believe, the Black Hand. He actually sat down in a cafe on the wrong street, ironically, and would've missed his chance to shoot the Archduke if the procession hadn't been redirected.

Our Host!