Getting past the mountains?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Zekuta, Dec 21, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Zekuta

Zekuta New Member

How do i get over those mountains so i can get to caladon !?

The train dont go there, i cant go talk to bates and sail from ashbury ( How do i do that )

So how in the world do i get past those mountains!?

Please answer and you will make my gaming experience better !

:-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?

2. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Did you get and read "Horror among Dark Elves already?" If you did, try hiring a boat from Tarant or Black Root. If you can't, go to Tarant Hall of Records and ask about Terwillinger (the guy who wrote the book), then talk to librarian and read the book again. Worked for me not so long ago.

3. Zekuta

Zekuta New Member

Book?

What is that for a book?
    I just want to go to caladon so i can get to be prowling Master :D
    BTW.. is that "Ruby Glade" quest hard ( You have to get a ruby for someone in stillwater )

4. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Well if you're so desperate to get to Caladon right away you can look at "secret locations" on terra-arcanum.com for the coordinates of the Gorgoth path and Caladon and then just click at those points on your map. The Ruby glade quest was very easy for me- I just shot all the demons and took the ruby :D . But if you're already in Stillwater why not get to Quintarra? Its your next stop on the main plot quest and that's where you get to know about the book.

5. Zekuta

Zekuta New Member

Im pretty new.. where is quintarra.
    And how do i get to talk to ShÃœler & sons ( REALLY cant spell that name :D ) The man in there shop wont let me see them.. so i killed him and went down the little "ladder" to the basement.. i died down there ( I was about lvl 5 :D ) should i be going down there?
    And ( Last question :) ) How do i get Magnus to join my group ?? )

6. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Re: Reply

You haven't talked to the Shylers yet? :-o How pray tell did you get to Stillwater???
    Ok one by one. First Shyler(sp?) and sons company is exactly where Magnus stands waiting. If you want to get him, you should be good, reach level 7 at least since Magnus is level 8, and you should have enough charisma to be able to accept another follower. If you don't have it, you can ask one of the followers you have to leave the group and then ask Magnus to join.

Then you should break into the Shylers' and go into the underground passage. After killing some zombies (a really easy task) and surviving the traps you get into a place with dwarven zombies walking everywhere (you don't have to kill them, I never harm the poor things). There you'll find three guys in robes- the Shylers. If you make a deal with them, they'll tell you who the ring belongs to, but Magnus will leave (maybe even attack you). If you kill them, Magnus will like you more and will stay, and in one of the boxes there you'll find a paper explaining that the ring belongs to Billy Gates...erm... I mean Gilbert Bates.

He will send you to a number of locations (Black Mountain Clan, Isle of despair, the Wheel Clan and eventually you'll have to find Quintarra through Stillwater. That's it more or less. If you want a better explanation, go to quest walkthroughs on terra-arcanum.com

About Magnus in general: most people on here don't like him because he's easily offended if you attack anything that isn't notoriously evil- from a shopkeeper to a lamp post. But if you play a tech but don't learn smithy he can be useful as he can make balanced swords, featherweight axes, auto skeleton keys and eye gear. He also has a gauntlet that adds +1 ST and +1CN to any dwarf wearing it.Personally, I like him, he's a good company for a gunslinger.

7. Zekuta

Zekuta New Member

I found the location on Terra-Arcanum :D
    And thank you ALLOT..
    Another thing.. Can you play arcanum on the internet..
    And what do you mean "Breaking in"... you mean Lockpick the door at night.. or shot the shop keeper ( Or guard, or what ever he is ) ??

8. Solaris

Solaris New Member

You're welcome. That's what this place is for isn't it?
    I know there is a multiplayer for Arcanum, but I'm not sure if I'm going to try it. I mean turning such a great RPG into "kill all that moves" doesn't seem right does it? Maybe someone else will be able to help you with multiplayer, I can't.
    When I said "break in" I meant get inside one way or another. You can kill the clerk or wait till he goes to sleep and lockpick the door (that's what I do), its your choice. In fact, you can kill nearly anyone in this game and still be able to win it (just make sure you do it AFTER you get what you want from them). It will only change your alignment from good to evil, but you can win both ways.

9. Ray Stryke

Ray Stryke New Member

Its spelled "Schuyler" and pronounced Sky-ler( just to clarify the spelling problems.)

Our Host!