Science and Religion the new convergence.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CharlesBHoff, Dec 18, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Windmills

Windmills New Member

Charles claims to have singlehandedly prevented full scale nuclear war:

Whether Charles is or is not annoying is a matter of personal opinion.

Whether Charles has a very tenuous grasp on reality, however, I think is a matter of very solid fact.

There are also a few instances where Charles has mentioned directly speaking with God, in addition to the one a few posts above, for example:

Scary.

2. Luchaire

Luchaire New Member

Scarier is that you waded through enough of his posts to find those quips to quote :eek:

I don't think of Chuck so much as annoying as kinda like our pet or mascot. After all, not every forum has its very own member with a direct line to God and the ability to avert worldwide disasters with a single stroke of the pen!

Nah, he's annoying.

[edit: Wouldn't you love to have been a fly on the wall to see the expression on the faces of those receiving his letters...

"Sir, you better look at this letter. We can't attack Egypt after all. Chuck here thinks it might be a bad idea."

"Well, damn. Write him back and ask if he thinks it'd be okay if we bomb Libya instead..."]

3. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

Those Nuclear phisical think their discover very subatomic particla. I have it on very good hight authority that there are more subatomic particles to be discover yet. There are SubQuark and SubSubQuark yet to be discover.

It remain one time than a history of science class they taught in the 18th century that the atom cannot be divide into part and you cannot turn lead into
    gold. In the 20th century we broke the atom into subatomic parts and if we want to can turn mercury into gold. That God way to make we stay on our toe. The Flat Earth Sociertry is make up of framous scienist who like to say the earth is flat and have you prove it round. Than kind of joke.

4. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

What high authortiy Charles god or the guy that is locked up in the cell next door
    How is this relevant charles? The earth is konkav you know. Like a bowl. Try reading the post that people write about you and take the hint charles. Damn i'm speaking to the wall here right?

5. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

I took than history of science class. In the 18th century that what was consider sciencif fact. The word atom is than greek word which mean it cannot be divide. They have than theory of Element which has as one of it main point that no element cannot be change into another element. That have to be change in the 19th century when they discover radiative declay
    in which certain unstable elements like radium decay into other elements like lead. Which show that science will never discover all that is to be discover.

6. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Wow, actual facts from Charles. Amazing. Except that the Greeks also only thought there were four elements - earth, fire, wind and water. Also, Charles, there are exceptions to every rule, and the rule that elements cannot change into other elements is such a rule that has an exception.

I will agree with you that at the moment, we don't know everything, and I'm doubtful that we will know everything about how the world/universe/multiverse works someday.

7. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

There was than Greek Philopher who believe the whole universe was make up of atoms which cannot be broken down into anything smaller. I will have to look up his name and how to spell it. He didnot believe in the four element of earth, fire, wind, water.

8. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

I believe the philosopher was Aristotle. I seem to remember his name being connected with atoms (and vacuums). I'm not sure what his theories on elements were. I don't think he ever talked about "subsubQuarks" though, and I think Charles initial claim will remain speculation for a while yet.

9. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

It wasnot Aristotle I know the first letter of his name was De. He wasnot realy
    framous in his time, as now in our time.

10. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

I did a quick search and here are a few passages I found from 2 bob websites that might shed enough light for you to do some proper research:

So it seems my memories of Aristotles name connected with the atom were more likely people saying "Aristotle didn't believe the theory of the atom" :grin:

Apparently, Aristotle was the one who had the theory of elements, and he did only propose 4, as Jar said.

11. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

I took that class 30 year ago I knew Aristotle was wrong about the atomic
    theory but right about porpoise being mammal and not fish.

12. Settler

Settler Member

*laughing*

*crying*

*laughing*

*sobering up*

*looking at thread again*

*laughing*

Laurence Fishburne and Mr. B Hoff enter room and sit down.

"You take the blue pill, Chuck, the story ends. You take the red pill, you stay in wonderland." (Rummages in bag) "Ah, here we go. You take this rainbow pill, you can look at all the pretty colours...mmm...oh, wow....wheeee....oh, sorry. You can also talk to God, too. Well, I could."

The less sense you make, Mr. B Hoff, the more fun I'm having - needless to say, I've been laughing till I cried...

Our Host!