The oddest fruit I've ever seen...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Snowmane, Dec 16, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

It burst in stars of blue and green... ...

This may sound like a deranged question, but how do I eat a persimmon? I have one but I'm not quite sure what to do with it. Has anyone here ever had one before? Gross? Good?

:thinkof:

2. xento

xento New Member

Sure does!

Hmm... Let's see...

1. You pick off a piece
    2. You put it in your mouth
    3. You chew for awhile
    4. You swallow
    5. Repeat steps 1-5 until persimmon has been completely eaten

Why don't you try to eat it? Or one of the following options:

1. Try to shove it up your nose
    2. Try to use it as a baseball
    3. Try to smear it all over yourself and run around town naked with a sign on you that says "Fruity"

Well, if you have one, why don't you eat it and find out??

But, really, you call this a wierd fruit?
    [​IMG]
    It is oriental in origion, unless there are different types all over the world.

[​IMG]
    By the looks of it, you just slice it and eat it kind of like a peach.

3. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

HHHHHHAAAHHHHAAHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!
    That's a good one, Nbrosz. You're getting funnier and funnier with every post. The reason I ask is...

YOU DON'T EAT EVERY PIECE OF EVERY FRUIT! I know, isn't it a revolutionary idea? For example, kiwis. You must peel off the skin first. I bet you never knew that. It's odd because it looks and feels like a tomato, but way thicker. I'm not sure I'd just want to chomp into the skin, considering that it doesn't look that appetizing.

Now, that aside, has anyone eaten one?

4. xento

xento New Member

To be honest, I really don't care, since I have never eated a kiwi before.

Why don't you go to http://www.google.com and search for "How to eat a persimmon". See what kind of totally stupid sites come up, and tell me if you find what you want.

Or maybe you could try searching for "autopsy of persimmon" which would probably show the parts and, hopefully, what is not edible.

Or you could go to the store from which you bought it and ask them.

So many choices, so little time...

5. Windmills

Windmills New Member

To answer your question, snowmane, without being a completely uncalled for total asshole, like some people:

There are two types of persimmons, I forget their names, one with little black seeds and one smooth inside, with no black seeds.

For the one with black seeds, you obviously don't eat the seeds. For the other, you can eat the whole thing, although most people tend to not eat the skin on either - though some people do, it depends on your tastes.

If you have it hard, or green, it can be very acidic. If you have it when it's ripe, or soft, it tends to be sweeter, although it can still be a little acidic as well. You eat the meat just like you would any other fleshy fruit's meat. you can either try to peel the skin off, or cut it in half and scoop it out to eat.

Another thing alot of people like to try is "persimmon sorbet". You do this with a frozen, ripe persimmon. You cut it in half, put it in the freezer for about an hour or until hard, then you take it out and eat the meat inside with a spoon. Freezing persimmons tends to make them a bit sweeter.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you like it! It's not my favorite fruit (Sometimes it's a little too acid for my tastes) but my husband absolutely loves them. :)

Enjoy!

6. xento

xento New Member

Aww now! It's not nice to speak of yourself that way!

Thanks for your awesome lesson on fruit, Mrs. Sex!

7. Ray Stryke

Ray Stryke New Member

that was just to get your posts up, wasn't it nbrosz?

8. xento

xento New Member

That was just to get your posts up, wasn't it, Ray?

9. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Wait wait wait wait WAIT! You peel kiwis? That's almost as bad as the people who dig every seed out of one. All you do is cut it in half, and eat each half with a spoon. Less messier, less time, and much easier.

And if by looking like tomatos, you mean smaller, not round, brown and furry, then sure, they look like tomatos.

Yes, I've had the pleasure of eating many kiwi fruits. They're quite delicious.

10. Ray Stryke

Ray Stryke New Member

Jarinor, he was talking about parsimmons, not kiwis...

11. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

Yes I peel kiwis! I don't like the fuzzy skin. But I do eat the seeds. I'll try the cutting in half method and eating with a spoon. It sounds intriguing. I meant that persimmons look like tomatoes, the one I have is red, with a little top like a tomato.

I love kiwi fruit. :p I've never had a persimmon though. They're kind of intimidating. That's really, really pathetic. I think a fruit is intimidating. Ray is right, except for one tiny detail.

I'm a woman. Not a man.

12. xento

xento New Member

:D Nice one, Jar!

BTW, what is that about a tomato? Did I say that? Who mentioned a tomato?

13. M@de in China

M@de in China New Member

yes i've eaten almost every edible fruit imageable.

and you eat persimions like any other fruit, you can peel the skin if you want but i think it's all edible (except in some of them there are big seeds)

14. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

It's me, isn't it? They turn evil because of me, don't they? It's all my fault. :(

nbrosz: We don't attack Snowmane and/or Windmills. We just don't do that. Attacking dumb people who can't comprehend simple English, yes. But not the smart ones. We leave the smart ones alone, yes we do.

Also, yes, using Google is widely accepted. It is not, however, as much fun as asking it in a forum. Asking questions in forums also brings up people who have had personal experience with some situations too.

Incidentally, a google search on how to eat a permission returns this:
    It also returned another 28 articles for you to search through. Such as this:
    Your search - "autopsy of persimmon" - did not match any documents.

15. xento

xento New Member

Awww... Snowmane saw I was just joking and having a little fun with him/her. Windmills didn't see it because she has the humor of a rock, but I won't attack her. Don't worry.

In that case, I will attack Etalis... Hey wait, I already have! :D

16. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

Well, I saw that, but I am most certainly not a him/her.

Tell him, DU! Aren't I a gorgeous her?!

17. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

18. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I dunno WHO that is, but she's hot!

I know this. I deliberately took it to mean something else, which is what a lot of people do around here.

19. Windmills

Windmills New Member

Snowmane thought you were being a complete obnoxious jerk as well. She PMed me shortly after you began your idiotic tirade. We're both perceptive enough to decipher that you were trying to be funny, however I think, immature moronic humor doesn't really work to endear or engage either of us in any respect. I think I'm safe in speaking for both of us in that matter.

Secondly, just because I don't find half-baked, sophomoric comebacks funny, doesn't mean I have the humor of a rock, it just means things have to actually be at least slightly witty or sufficiently bizzare to pique my interest humor-wise.

Your attempts fail miserably in both respects, and end up amusing no one, and only making people think you are an idiot, a jerk, a child starved for attention, or all three. If this is what you're looking to accomplish, then kudos to you. However if you're actually trying to gain any semblance of comaraderie with most of the people here, you're headed in the opposite direction.

On another note. Snowmane: Now I can't blame DU for stalking you. Just make sure your private school doesn't get a hold of that picture. Heh. ;-)

How was that persimmon, by the way?

20. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Now i really want to see snowmane running around naked smeared in with persimmon.

Kiwis is a reat fruit for themselves but never ever put them on a kake. Jarinors way of eating kiwis s the only way to that i have heard of. Is there another way? :-?

Our Host!