Fallout

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bryant1380, Dec 10, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Milo

Milo New Member

The fuck? You have beaten the game, haven't you?

2. xento

xento New Member

Never met Harry in Necropolis who insists he wants to "Take you to Lou"?

Or am I thinking of the wrong game?

3. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

Well, I suppose it's always possible that I killed him without ever realizing it, but the only way I've ever beaten it is by blowing up the control room in his fortress. I don't recall ever actually getting to meet the guy.

4. xento

xento New Member

:eek: :-o

I can't find what to blow up, but keep meeting the ugly guy every time I turn around! :D

BTW, when you go on the quest for the Brotherhood of Steel to join. What do you have to pick up in the Glow? I can't find one thing!

5. Etalis Craftlord

6. xento

xento New Member

:lol: That's good! Oh, I know I am being made fun of, but that is a good comeback, Etalis! Nice one! :grin:

7. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

You'd know if you met the Master. The voice-acting and animation for him is really cool. There are several ways to defeat him (I never blew up his control room...or at least, I never blew it up without first talking to/fighting him. It auto-detonates after several things occur). He's actually a really hard fight, because he gets lots of re-inforcements, and dual gatling lasers. Very ouch.

8. Ferret

Ferret New Member

I've never, ever spent that much on a single skill before!! Hang on.... maybe it's related to intelligence? I know that affects the number of Skill POINTS you get, but maybe it affects the number spent too. I always tend to go for intelligent and lucky characters, and then either talk my way past everything, or rely upon super-duper lucky critical hits to take out even the toughest enemy in one one with the LE RR BB gun. You can get lots of ammo for that, and it's cheap too. Plus you virtually never have to reload, and it's got a great range and fantastic accuracy and damage. With it, I can take out super mutants, or power-armoured military people with just one shot, and a just that tinsy winsy bit of luck I always max out on. :grin:

9. xento

xento New Member

Sounds good! Where can you get the BB gun?

10. Milo

Milo New Member

It's a random encounter. Wander around the wastes for long enough and you'll bump into this guy selling used cars. You can find the Red Ryder LE in his shack.

11. xento

xento New Member

Thanks. Is that in Fallout 1 or 2?

12. Ferret

Ferret New Member

I think that's in Fallout 1. I got it as I headed to Shady sands for the first time (that luck again). I'd gone about 5 mm on the world map! :grin:

In F2, you get it in the military complex, where you can get SKYNET. I think it's the one where you have to dynamite the door using the cart and a pole. You unfreeze a soldier, who runs off and then melts, from post cryogenic syndrome. He had the RR LE BB gun, which you can then pick up, along with some ammo.

13. Milo

Milo New Member

Fallout 1.

I forget exactly how to get it in Fallout 2, but I think that the midget dude in NCR randomly stocks a Red Ryder LE. Note that I'm talking about the "bad" gun seller on the outskirts of town, not the "good" one inside the walls. Make sure to check all three shelves when you buy from him. When you ask to see his inventory, he only shows you one shelf.

EDIT - Beaten! and Doh! Ferret's right. You get the Red Ryder LE when you revive the soldier at the Military Base. You get the Military Base marked on your map by doing the quests to join the Wright Family in New Reno.

14. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I found very few (if any) random encounters in Fallout 1. I found all of them in Fallout 2 though.

When I create characters, I tend to go for extremely high (10) agility and intelligence (8), and only 4 charisma/luck. The others I tend to change from character to character, like trying a high perception or higher endurance/strength.

Of course, there were times when I changed this template, but it's very versatile. Just don't expect too many criticals :).

Ferret, I never invested in 300% worth of skill points. I simply...found something very nice. In Fallout, of course, I took one or two skills to 200%, because there was no penalty for doing so.

15. M@de in China

M@de in China New Member

Actually I've had all my skills at 300% (talk to father tully after you beat the game he gives you a book that gives you 10K xp each time you read it and 300% to all skills)

And yes I know what 300% skill does, but as you stated it mostly affects specific targeting such as the eyes and legs, and that isn't applicable to big guns,

16. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

It ALSO helps with your night time shooting, which is very useful unless you just want to run around with a modded FN FAL.

17. Etalis Craftlord

My characters always had high intelligence, charisma, and luck. I found the game to be much more interesting when every dialogue tree was open :D

18. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

If there was something done really well in Fallout, Fallout 2 and Arcanum, it was the dumb dialogue trees. Never run across them in any other RPG. Really adds something to the game. I also thought that intelligence opened up the dialogue trees, and charisma/speech/luck determined the outcome ala getting into the Church in the Den in FO2 and passing the citizen's exam in Vault City.

19. Ct0fDiscord

Ct0fDiscord New Member

Oh yes, its a whole new game when your character is retarted :)

20. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

I have only recently arrived on the Arcanum/RPG scene so I must know, what is Fallout??? Everyone says it is and excellent game but I have no idea what it is

:-?

Our Host!