War RPG

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Menion Ravenlock, Nov 14, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Quethim

Quethim New Member

[OOC] I was thinking perhaps the shield allows the pure of heart to pass it or something...but if that's not a good idea, please tell me.

My character is pure of heard anyways, and if that's not a good idea I'll give my character a special quest that will turn him into an elf =)
    [/OOC]

2. Just A Geek

Just A Geek New Member

(Queue theme music: "Voodoo People" - Prodigy)

"Rraaaaaaagh!" Dhaak shouted as he charged into battle, unaware of the elven forces emerging from the city.

With one mighty swing after another, demon after demon was thrown back. A gruesome pile of demonic carcasses was starting to grow around him. Some had their heads crushed in, others their chest. The half orc was starting to get cocky. That's when it happened.

The Demons saw the threat the lone halfbreed was, and had begun to surround him. What happened next was truely a miracle. Summoning up all the strenght within him, Dhaak swung the warhammer down, causing a very small, localized earthquake. Enough to knock the surrounding demons off their feet.

But they didn't stay down long. Soon they were up again, and closing in. Dhaak began to panic. He began to get scared. That was when the earth began to split, coincidentaly near the point he struck a few moments ago.

Dhaak paniced, as did the demons. As he ran for his life, he saw some of the demon horde being swallowed into the earth behind him. Tripping and falling to the ground just as the rift ceased to grow, only a few feet away from the edge, he panted, trying to regain his breath.

As he looked back at the tear, he recalled that it happened right after his little 'mini-quake'. At this point, a wide grin spread across the brute's face.

"Hehe. Dhaak do 'dat? Cool."

[OOC]
    Edited to slightly change some words around to better reflect Ferret's edit, though no major changes.
    [/OOC]

3. Ferret

Ferret New Member

[OOC]
    Sorry for the OOC message here, but I'd just like to make it known that I've edited my last post to make things a little clearer, as I've had queiries about my powers ana abilities etc.
    [/OOC]

4. slagger21

slagger21 New Member

Demons fell by the hundreds on the battlefield , chopped down or swallowed by the gaping chasm in the once whole ground . From the city towers , my rangers and i let loose a hail of arrows , aiming as best we could in the heat of battle . There were too many of them for us to hold back , sooner or later , the warriors would have to beat a retreat to the safety of the sphere .

5. Menion Ravenlock

Menion Ravenlock New Member

As I landed I jumped off Kena my griffon and started walking threw Riviria. As I walked I noticed elves running around in chaos and listening to some crying over dead warriors as people mourned them. I walked on ignoring everyone, everything. I passed a few guards as I climbed onto the city’s gates to continue watching the battle. As I watched I noticed a figure fighting alone only to be saved by someone or something opening the earth and swallowing the demons. I watched him run toward the city and I knowing inside me that he would not make it alive without someone’s help. I whistled and yelled "keee!" and at that my griffon appeared beside me and I could hear the gasps from the nearby elves. "Retrieve him!" I pointed toward the orc. She spread her wings gracefully and launched into the air toward the orc grasping him in her claws. But I watched as he hit my creature and she dropped him. I yelled, "Fool!" I called her back and inspected her and I climbed onto her to join the battle and question this Half Orc fool. "Onward!" I yelled and I swooped into the air and elves and others including the demons yelled in fright as a black reddish aura surronded me and my stead. I shoot forth some of the aura into legion after legion into the demons turning them to ash. I forgot the half orc while I battled. But while I was fighting I saw a woman on a spire watching the battle. I thought to myself I wanted her. But I have no time for such things in my life. Anyways she would not want to be with an outcast.

{OOC} Is this better for you guys?{OOC}

6. Ferret

Ferret New Member

[OOC]
    You might want to edit that post a bit there, since I'm currently sitting atop the tallest spire of Riviria, trying to get my breath back. There's plenty of time for introductions. We'll probably want to keep the battle going a bit first though, since Maniac hasn't posted in a while, and noone has really mentioned the fight yet, except JaG. There's only been a few 'remote' posts about it.
    [/OOC]

7. Just A Geek

Just A Geek New Member

[OOC]
    Just for the record, its a Half-Orc, not an Orc. ;)
    [/OOC]

Now, you gotta understand that Dhaak was currently in the biggest battle of his entire life. Well, that and he had never even seen a griffon before. So he did what any less-than-intelligent fighting machine would do. He pounded the hammer against the creature's feet until it let go of him.

It wasn't until he was plummeting to the ground that he realized the error of his ways, but at least for the moment, he was free. But something had to be done if he was to prevent himself from becoming a pancake.

Calling upon his connection with the earth itself, his skin became a hard, rough layer of pure rock, almost like an exoskeleton. Now, when he hit the ground, though he may wind up critically injured, at least he wouldn't be dead. The warrior curled up into a ball and closed his eyes, bracing for impact...

EDIT:
    [OOC]
    Of course between me eating dinner, and this site loading slowly for me, I post before seeing Ferret's comment. I'll wait and see what, if any, edit is done before I decide to keep this post or not.
    [/OOC]

8. Maniac

Maniac New Member

[OOC]
    Do I see an opponent for Katherine's heart? Duel to the death then. Engarde! :lol:
    [OOC]

A demon leaped at me and was met with a fist in his chest. The magic force bashed the creature away and the huge corpse dropped on the ground raising bloody dirt in all directions. Another demon's charge was ended with a swift swing of the sword which cleaved the demon in two. The demons kept coming but all where killed by my sword or fist which was sparkling from magic. None had ever before seen me so outraged. Piles of hellish corpses gathered in circles around me. The elven army was pushed back and now I was separated and surrounded by hordes of demons. At least a hundred of them charged at me from all directions. The circle of death was getting smaller. The demons ran on the corpses of their own kin without any care. I raised my sword grasping it firmly with both hands. Magic swirled around the ancient weapon, the demons stopped for a second but then charged again. I stabbed the sword into the ground and the earth rippled as a holy fire ring shot out from my body. It grew bigger, engulfing the charging demons and reducing them to ash. The ring dispersed and I stumbled on the ground resting against the hilt of my sword. Another demon noticed the opportunity and rushed at me. At the last second I raised my hand conjuring a shield of force. The giant beast smashed into the magic wall but I was too weak and so was sent into the air. Looking down I saw that I was closing the chasm created by Katherine. With a single thought I gathered my hill and a tiny stone bridge appeared between the two walls of the chasm. I landed roughly on it and dropped exhausted on the bridge which was slowly crumbling to pieces. My vision was blurring, I could hear demons trying to climb the chasm and roaring madly, I could hear the crumbling bridge but I was too weak to move a finger. Hoping luck would favor me I laid still waiting for a bit of strength.

9. Menion Ravenlock

As I fought I watched an elve create a force shield but I knew he was weaking. I decided to help only because I needed some information about what's going on. (I know more than you think) I ordered my stead to fly down and swoop him up just in time as three demons jumped down toward him. I yelled "fiarh!" A big white flash wrapped the demons and blew them to shreds. The elve was half sitting half laying on my griffon and he was muttering somthing I could not hear.

10. Quethim

Quethim New Member

"So Kingar, thought you could betray us and join the elves, did you?" A man walked up to me, a human man. He looked familiar; he was the one who summoned me.

"Blo...bloodbane? I thought you died, I saw your body lying next to mine." I managed to say.

"Ah, yes Kingar, I did die, but I'm now part of the undead. But Kingar, I must take you back now, for you do not belong here."

"Bu...but where would you take me? I have no where to go..."

"Ah, but you do, you are to find the truth, the truth of your existence, I must bring you somewhere. Will you follow me?"

"I have no other choice, I have to..."

"Ok then, follow me." He then started to walk away, and I managed to follow him. I had no clue what he was talking about and where I was going, but I felt that I should follow him. We then stopped; we did not go too far. He pointed to a cave. "That is where you must go Kingar, in that cave. I will not follow you, for I have a battle to go to."

So I walked into the cave. There was a dark, long tunnel that seemed like it went on forever, but from what the cave looked like outside, it was a small cave.

11. Ferret

Ferret New Member

I don't where where it came from, but an entity, riding what can only be described as an abberation of nature, was suddenly within the city walls. The Elves were in panic. With demons on one side, and an unknown and dangerous-looking entity on the other, there was chaos on the battlefield.

The abberation was sent into the battlefield, where it picked up a lone man and attacked him. The man was not an Elf, but he had been attacking the demons, so he was an ally. The man struggled, so the abberation took him high above the battlefield.... and then dropped him!

Having done it's work, the abberation returned to it's master, who set aloft again before the Elves could react to him. He flew passed me, and as he did so, I caught him looking at me. I felt physically sick. The mind was strong, but I could only catch confused and fragmented thoughts, and it made me feel queasy and faint. A chill ran through my body, as I felt his lust towards me, and I shut my eyes and erected a mental barrier to regain control of my thoughts.

When I opened my eyes again, I saw the abberation and it's rider swoop once again into the battlefield. To my horror, I saw it pick up someone else. Someone who I recognised - an aging Elf. Sylvenius! I could not let the same thing happen to my new friend, and the only person I truly trusted in Riviria, that had happened to the other man.

Wildly, I thought back to anything I could do to help him, and the only thing that popped into my mind was the Elven king. Without hesitating, I threw my mind out to the exhausted form of Sylvenius, straddled upon the abberation's back. I gathered my remaining will, and focussed it around Sylvenius, feeling his prone form with my mind.

Wrenching my will away from the abberation and it's rider, I threw my will with all my strength at the courtyard, amid a clearing in the Elves who had gathered to ward off the intruding entity.

"Be there!"

With a strange popping sensation, and a feeling of complete disorientation and extreme dizziness, I felt my mind disengaging from Sylvenius, who appeared in a shimmering haze at the point I had indicated. It was the first time I had practiced translocation, and I made a mental note not to use it in battle, for the disorientating effects were overwhelming. I smiled with relief at the prone form of the Archmage as dozens of Elves moved to protect the Archmage. He's safe at least, and within the protective shield.

I shimmer into my familiar form of a falcon and slip off the rooftop. As I glide down into the courtyard below, exhaustion finally overcomes me. Feeling dizzy and completely without strength, I just manage to shimmer back into my normal form as I land next to the Archmage, where I collapse in a dead faint.

[OOC]
    OK, this post was twice as long, and more detailed, but my computer crashed, and I need my sleep, so this'll have to do.

Menion, don't be offended by what I've written. Don't forget that you just turned up, and most of the Elves, and anyone else in the area will assume you are hostile, especially since you inadvertantly dropped JaG! :p

Also, there's no chance of anything between you and me - at least at the moment. And my character won't wake up for quite a while. I suggest you put me to bed (don't be dirty Maniac! :-o :wink: ) and let me recover, whilst you plan your defences.
    [/OOC]

12. Just A Geek

Just A Geek New Member

It wasn't too long before the living boulder impacted the ground, leaving quite the crater, considering what fell. Dhaak blacked out for a moment, loosing his concentration. The rocky texture to his skin faded as he returned to normal. Various gashes made from the impact opened up upon his skin's return to normalcy, the ground becoming stained with blood.

Hopefully, there was a medic nearby. Or at the very least, the demons would assume he was dead and leave him alone for the time being.

13. Maniac

Maniac New Member

Suddenly a griffin grabbed me and tossed me on its back. I was wondering from where it came and I wasn’t thinking about my safety...there wasn't much I could do anyway. I just steadied myself and waited for surprises.
    I felt some supernatural power concentrated on me, my weary muscles stretched a bit preparing for the worst but feeling a good aura around it I relaxed. In a moment it all became dark and after a second I was in Riviria. My head was spinning wildly and my senses were dulled. I laid there for a moment as surprised elves surrounded me. One of them raised my head gently and checked if my heart was beating with his other hand. I opened my eyes and saw one of the medics. He smiled and pulled out a glass flask filled with an orange liquid. He poured the potion into my mouth. My limbs became warm again, my senses normalized and my bruises were becoming less painful

“I...need strength...�

The medic quickly pulled out another potion filled with a black liquid. This time the liquid was dense, it felt worm and calming. As I swallowed it down I felt my muscles stretching. I quickly stood on my feet and noticed Katherine lying near me.

“What...what happened?�

“She is alive. Just exhausted. It takes quite some strength to teleport someone. You see there is that strange man.� The medic pointed at a mysterious figure standing on the city wall, observing us. “His beast grabbed you and I think the lady wanted to save you. We still don’t know what to think of that man.�

“I see...I’ll talk to him. Give me another of the energy potions.�

The medic handed another vial and I quickly poured the liquid down my throat. I felt quite revitalized and healthy now.

“Take good care of the lady.� I told to the medic and he nodded motioning to some men to pick Katherine up from the city floor. However clean it was, it was still hard.

I then turned at the mysterious man and started floating towards him. I gently landed on my feet besides him and spoke:

“I am Sylvenius, archmage of the city. Please, introduce yourself, stranger.�

My muscles were stretched, ready for an attack but my face looked calm as always.

14. Menion Ravenlock

"You can relax you know I am not going to attack you and never meant you any harm." I felt him loosen up just a little as I continued. "My name is Aurin and I am from a world my friend you never could ever think of. "I have come to give my help in the battle against these demons." I pointed out over the city walls toward the carnage below. "I am sorry I have might of scared you and your people." I removed my hood so he could see my face. "You see I am part elven myself but the other part of me is elemental." "I also see when I tried to save you, you were teleported." I stopped talking waiting to see if this elve had any other questions.

{OOC} I am sorry I had to do this really fast and didnt have time to explain myself really good{OOC}

15. Just A Geek

Just A Geek New Member

Luckily, Dhaak had caught the attention of an Elven Combat Medic. A soldier or two hung around to protect the medic while he weaved his magick upon the Half Orc, mending his broken bones and other such serious injuries. It wasn't too long before Dhaak's eyes began to open again, and realize what had just happened.

"Long ear save Dhaak? Dhaak thanks..."

He abruptly stopped and shoved the elf aside with one hand. A demon had tried to sneak up, and the poor medic had yet to realize. With his free hand, Dhaak grabbed a handful of dirt, and tossed it into the demon's eyes, blinding him. Dhaak was about to get up to defend himself when the demon was struck down by nearby swordsmen. They gave him a small nod just as the medic was starting to stand again.

"Head back into the city so they can finish healing you up. Don't worry about us!" the medic shouted, ushering the half-orc to the rear of thebattlefied, towards the relative safety of Riviria.

16. Icairus

Icairus New Member

End of the battle

[ooc]EDITED: Menion and Ferret, although Menion's new character is powerful, I think the reaction of the elven populace would be more of anger at his sudden appearance than fear of his power, they would be inclined to act upon a shoot first, ask questions later attitude, especially referring to the Gryphon.
    Quethim, I think that being a demon, your role should be to go with the group that is going to destroy the cause, my thoughts on your new quest is that you would be the one who kills whoever it is that is THE enemy, being able to sneak up unnoticed. Perhaps you could be that very spirit, after your death.[/ooc]

The Demon horde continued its advance upon the city, but the group of defenders was steadily shrinking. Although their numbers had decreased enough that they were now only fighting on one side of the chasm, the battle still raged to defend the city. I decided that it was necessary to see what I could do.
    I went over to a spot where an archer had recently been firing, but was now off in search of arrows, and began summoning a giant group of demons, a size of undertaking I had never previously attempted. I made the spell go over the one that had allready been used to summon the demons currently being battled. I was taking demons that had allready been summoned and resummoning their brains, linking their destructive urges to other demons instead of to people.
    The demons began combatting each other, which I am sure totally changed the battle, but I had adjusted a few demons too many and felt suddenly tired, so I layed down, right there and went to sleep.
    -Ten'al, bored necromancer turned beautiful elf (don't you wish you could pull that off)

17. Ferret

Ferret New Member

[OOC]
    I disagree Icairus. Menion would have confidence in his abilities and his powers, and that would make him almost arragant. He would therefore not even consider the need to ask if they would let him help. He would just assume they would. In addition, Maniac's character would not be scared, because, as you said, he is powerful in his own right, and on his own turf, as it were. However, the Elves themselves would be frightened, or paniced, because of his sudden appearance, within what they thought was a safe area. Even though he has shown no outward danger to the Elves, they would also treat him with automatic suspicion, and would probably be fearful of his abilities and Griffon, which are an unknown variable.
    [/OOC]

I have no idea how long I was out for, but when I awoke, I was in a small, spartan, but comfortable room. I turned my head sideways, to see an Elven girl mixing a potion on a table to my right. I sat up slowly, feeling rested, but still weary.

"Here, drink this, it will help to relieve your exhaustion. Our mages swear by it when they get tired."

I smiled at the Elven girl and took the potion, which I sipped cautiously, and then downed. I immediately felt the clarity of thought return to my mind, and I quickly blinked away the last of the weariness.

"Thankyou friend. Thy Elven medicine is truly remarkable. I've heard tell of some of the wonders thy apothacies hath mastered, but alas, I have never had the time to learn of thy ways myself. If we survive this onslaught, and I return to Riviria, I would learn the ways of your Elven herbalists. For now, however, I need to see Sylvenius, your Archmage, and to learn of the battle at hand..."

The Elven girl stands back a little, and lets me get up. I swing my legs over the edge of the bed and stand up. Amazing! I'm feeling no mental fatigue at all! I politely thank the girl, and leave the room.

I emerge into a courtyard not far from the spire I had lofted upon not long ago. On the city walls, near the gate, I could see Sylvenius, and the strange entity whom had attacked him earlier. They seemed to be in conversation. They definitely weren't fighting.

Suddenly, the Elves began to cheer. I watched, as the Elves on the battlements cried out in triumph each time they let fly an arrow. I was purplexed.

Instead of forming into a falcon, I conserved my energy, and climbed the nearest stairway to the inner battlements of the city walls. I could see what the commotion was about. There were only a few score demons left, and some of those were fighting among each other.

Very soon, not a living demon was left, and a mighty cheer went up from all involved. It looked like we had saved Riviria.

Just then, the cry cut off. What followed was a deathly silence, which chilled me to the bone. I turned around and looked out across the battlements. One or two Elves dropped their bows, and sank to their knees in what appeared to be dispair.

I looked back out over the side, to the horizon. I shivered involuntarily. For what I saw made my blood freeze within my veins, and fear struck at my heart as I had never known before.

Standing there on the horizon, for as far as the eye could see, and encircling the entire city, was an army of demons, of proportions so great that it defied all reational thought. The Elves, having keener sight than us humans, had seen them first. There were millions upon millions of them, and they surrounded the city like a black plague. As they approached, it was as if a great writhing black sea had grown around the city, and the land was receding fast.

There was no way we could win this fight. The few Elves and allies left outside the city gates, made a hasty retreat, and the gates were sealed. We were prisoners within our shimmering blue shield, and all around us was death.

I look back at Sylvenius and the new arrival. They too were gazing out upon the horrific visage around us. It was time we held a proper council of war. All of us. The Elven warriors, mages, and the few remaining allies we had left. We needed a plan, and we needed to find a solution to the demonic problem, before the legions of hell overwhelmed Riviria, and sent our realm into eternal darkness.

[OOC]
    OK. Everyone, we all need to meet back up in the war room and council chambers. This should include everyone, no matter what they think, because since we are all trapped now, within the city, then we are all effectively on the same side, no matter what our own agendas.

I suggest we create a team to leave Riviria, and find the route of the problem and fix it. We need a change of scenario, and an expanded arena and a more defined grouping.

I can transform into a falcon, and I can also transform Maniac, and anyone else who would be willing. You'd have to learn to fly first though. Aurin has a Griffon, and can thus fly, with one or two passengers, so anyone not willing to become a bird (probably the Dwarf :wink: and maybe NBrozs too) should be able to hitch a ride with Menion.

Whilst we are learning to fly, Menion and his group could leave, and then we could leave covertly (since we're just a bunch of birds) and make our seperate ways. We could either have a seperate quest and then meet up, or we could all meet up straight away in a fortification, or castle village further east, where the demons have not yet reached. We could then rest, get supplies, and then head off for real.
    [/OOC]

18. Quethim

Quethim New Member

I decided to go into the cave, I had no other choice. The cave was dark, and I had no clue where I was going, I had to hold me hands up so I would not run into any walls.

I tripped over something while walking down the cave, I got up and felt the object that I tripped over, and it was no rock. The object was cold and dry, and it seemed like it was pretty rotten. Then I realized what it was; it was a human, or elf, one of them. But it was dead, and has been for many years. I got up and decided to go farther into the cave, this time, I walked slower, so I would not fall again.

It seemed that this cave went on forever, and that it would not end, and it was going down, not straight. That would explain the size of the cave on the outside. My hands then touched something, something that was solid. I then heard a light sound, as if something was breathing.

"Wh...who's there?" I managed to ask. My heart was beating fast.

"Has the one finally come? Are you him?" Something said in a soft calm voice.

"What are you talking about? Why would I be the one? I'm just a demon!" I had no clue what this creature was talking about.

"Yes, then you are him. It is said that I demon child would come to me on day, during the war of the demons, this demon is to be one of the heroes of this war. I will show you something." A light lit up in the room that I was in; I looked around and could no see who was talking to me.

"Where are you?" I asked

"I am no where, I'm just a spirit, a spirit of a legendary hero, and I am to help you. You will no longer be a demon."

"How?!" I was tired of a being a demon and I wanted to know what he was talking about. Then, a light shone from above me and I was surrounded in a bright aura like light. The light then spread throughout the whole room and then it left. I started to feel myself drifting off to sleep, and I felt a change in the inside of me. I heard one last thing.

"The truth, you will soon know the truth..." It was a small whisper from the one who was speaking to me, then it left.

[OOC] Hey, I'll be with you guys soon, I'm going to change to probaly a half elf type creature, I will be skilled in technology and magic, if that's ok with you guys.
    [/OOC]

19. Maniac

Maniac New Member

"Believe me, I know more than you think.............A powerful ally like yourself is always welcome."

Then I noticed the elves become silent. I turned and saw a horrible view. Our fare city was surrounded by an ocean of filth - thousands upon thousands of swarming demons. Aurin was observing the horizon as well.

"Oh my friend, who deems to be so wise and powerful..." I said sarcastically. "Do you know a way to defeat these legions that seem to be endless?"

20. Menion Ravenlock

I turned away from the fighting and looked at Sylvenius sensing sarcasm. “Of course I have a way to destroy them.� I paused and then murmured “entirely.� But I continued, “Well it’s more of a theory I have.� Sylvenius laughed, “A theory?� “You just have a theory that just might work?� He continued to make a mockery out of me. My eyes flared with anger and I clenched my teeth tightly. “Do not mock me elve!� I yelled in fury. The arch mage jumped back and I sensed a protection spell surround him. “What’s your of disposing these demons?!� I stopped calming myself and apologized to him for my outburst. “Please we must have a council.� “I must share my theory with you and the others in charge of this war including the King.� "By the way were is your King elve?"
    {OOC}Okay we all need to be at this council meeting. So if you are battling you need to retreat into the city. But if you can’t like it might ruin your plot or plans feel free not to join us. But I strongly recommend that you be at the council meeting.
    PS. My character Aurin is an outcast, remember that. I would like it if you have an untrustworthy attitude toward me kind of. {OOC}

Our Host!