The Killer Inside

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by DarkUnderlord, Sep 23, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

What did you think of The Killer Inside?

1. It's fantastic!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. It's pretty darned good.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. It needs a bit more work.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. The module wasn't too fantastic.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Ohhhhh the pain! The pain!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Download: (Courtesy of Dimensions of Arcanum): killerinside_demo.zip (5.52 mb)

Being that this is a demo, only the NPCs and building interiors essential to the four quests included will be visible. The full version of the mod will be complete and filled with NPCs and monsters.

"The Killer Inside" Arcanum mod, it's concepts, dialogue, script and maps are the property of Lord Davidian, DjUnique, Morbius and Flipz and may only be altered and/or released for public use by these individuals. Any infringement will result in a swift and just course of action which will eventually lead to some severe ass kicking. That said, all of us on "The Killer Inside" mod team would like to thank you for trying our mod (which we worked so hard on) and sincerely hope you enjoy it enough to come back for more.

"The Killer Inside" mod demo credits:
    Storyline - Lord Davidian
    Dialogue - Lord Davidian & DjUnique
    Scripting - DjUnique
    Mapping - Lord Davidian

Look out for the first of many chapters of "The Killer Inside" coming early-mid January!

2. Jasper_Chen

Jasper_Chen New Member

?

is that darkunderlord as the guy in jail?

3. The_Malus_Monkey

The_Malus_Monkey New Member

Hey, the final version is out now and it looks kindd of strange, some houses are empty and some dont have doors......

Help in understanding this would be appreciated! :D

4. Dj_Unique

Dj_Unique Member

I had to ask Lord Davidian about the empty buildings (because I only did all the scripting and other stuff to bring the mod alive) and here's what he said:

"Yeah, I was going to fill them in when we had more chapters. The 'Olde Town Square' area was meant to be pretty much deserted (except for the Chu-Toy Factory which the player is supposed to have to look for anyway, hence it being at the opposite end of that area). There is a large asylum building in Olde Town Square that was meant to be used in a future chapter as well as the 'pit arena' area which is right now deserted. I figured it was better to have some things in Olde Town Square rather then it be nearly empty."

I hope this clears it up a little bit.

5. The_Malus_Monkey

Oh okay. Are you guys going to make more chapters?

And how long do I have to wait before I am needed again after talking to the person that runs a Madam Lil type place. I sat there and waited at least 3 days before going off into the woods. Then I found this elixer of external powress I believe and my character said "Yes, I have found the elixer!" Or something like that. I just have nothing else to do at the moment!

6. Dj_Unique

Dj_Unique Member

As for new chapters, none are being planned yet, due to the extreme delay in the release of the first chapter and lack of team members. I was the only one to do scripting and dialogues and the rest, and Lord Davidian was pretty much done with it after all the maps were ready.

** SPOILER ALERT **
    (I'm not very good at giving out hints, even if I was the one who scripted all the quests and stuff)

There is no time trigger on being needed by Yotland Scard, it will happen after you have completed a certain quest.

There are a few other sub quests along the way, and of them the retrieval of Plastic Couch's "sex toy" (or whatever that might be) is the most important.

When you bring back the elixir to Omni Potent, then he'll tell you who took the device that Plastic Couch had in his possession. It turns out it was Professor Tim Cain. You'll be directed to go to the Satin Club to gain more information of this person's whereabouts.
    Hopefully you can continue on from this point, but if not, I'll try to provide some more hints.
    (The "You found the elixir! YAY!" is actually just a script debug message that was apparently left in the mod, I forgot to remove it)

Everything is marked on your journal so you can easily check to see what you're supposed to be doing, in case you didn't know that.

I'm REALLY sorry if the mod doesn't make any sense, but I will do my best to help with it. I've had enough trouble making the scripts and dialogues work properly, and making sure there are no game-breaking bugs.

7. The_Malus_Monkey

I love the new theme song that you guys put in! Its funny! Also its great that you made a new begining movie! The town was laid out marvoulesly, I was just confused by the lack of inhabitants!

8. Dj_Unique

Dj_Unique Member

I was originally planning on adding generic townspeople to the maps, but it turned out to be a rather slow task (defining waypoints for several townspeople is simply too tedious to waste time on), and I still had the quests to work on so townspeople had to be left out. If I didn't have to rush with it, I'd definitely have done them (If I feel like it, I could do a patch to add some townsfolk walking around the maps and some other minor fixes, if required)

9. The_Malus_Monkey

Hey more trouble. I finished the plastic couch quest, got him the toy after taking it to the mage guy. Now when I ask him for the info he says that since Jack has been killing rumors are rare, and then my diolog gets swapped over to the lady and I can't see any text. I can click on the first option and then she says that she won't talk to me because I am rude. And nothing else happens! Please help! I probably messed something up somewhere.

10. Dj_Unique

Dj_Unique Member

Holy crap! This sounds like a serious design bug (MY FAULT, I AM VERY SORRY!).
    I have tested the mod through several times and I have always gotten the correct dialogue. Lady Mi should tell you to go see Lord Davidian (which will then trigger the endgame)

If you successfully completed the Lady Mi quest, she SHOULDN'T get pissed off at the player at any point.

--- after a bit of reseach --
    I looked at the Lady Mi dialogue and I found out that the script is trying to call dialogue from line 541, which doesn't even exist. (this is in the case that the player didn't talk to Lady Mi again after the interview) The only solution is to make a small patch that will override the old dialogue (which I have already done, link will follow).

It seems that I really need to start putting together an "official" patch that will address this issue, and several others. But this small one should do for now:

http://users.kymp.net/~pitkanen/ArcTool ... One.patch3
    (right click and select save as)
    Put this file in the same folder as the other TKI_Chapter_One* files

This patch adds the missing line to the Lady Mi dialogue, hopefully resolving the bug.

Our Host!