Stringy Pete's Quest

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Snobothehobo, Sep 7, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Snobothehobo

Snobothehobo Member

On the quest for Stringy Pete, to get a ride to Thanatos, I got the silver boot buckle, and went to the Wilkinson's Homestead. I talked to the lady and it appeared as if I didn't have it in my inventory. Do you have to complete the other quests first, or did it just screw up for a minute?

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

2. Menkhur

Menkhur New Member

You should have in your inventory two items:
    The silver buckles and a treasure chest.
    You need to delive both of them.

If you don't have them, you can't complete it.

3. Snobothehobo

Snobothehobo Member

Thank you very much..I'll try that
    :D

4. starchybean

starchybean New Member

Where can I find the Wilkinson Homestead? Does Pete mark it on your map? I have looked all over... thanks!

5. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

6. starchybean

starchybean New Member

7. Lagash

Lagash New Member

But remember! When you pick the Bangellian Scourge don't destroy it, instead kill Stringy Pete with it! Specially if you're a magicker, anyone has tryied to go to the Bangellian Deeps early in the game and pick it up to use it as your 1st weapon? :cool: If you're evil enough, it'll make your alignment -100 and if you're a mage, you'll make its special attacks.

Ah, yes, I've read that Stringy curses you at certain moment lowering around 5 stats, but I don't know when that happens...

8. Marko

Marko New Member

What are the stats for the scourge? I couldn't find it in T-A's item bank...

9. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

He curses you if you doubble cross him with the Williamsons'.

10. Lagash

Lagash New Member

Ah, the Bangellian Scourge! That's a holy weapon! ...well, not really; in fact it's a cursed one. But! For an evil 100 magic aptitude user it'll be the best weapon untill you get an arcane great sword or Kryggyrd's Falchion.

Listen, it does around 5-20/5-30 I don't remember quite well the max damage, but the best part is that it can deal cool attacks to your enemies as long as you're evil (or the attacks will go to you!), it almost all the time does Harm, sometimes it does Bolt of Ligthing, and rarely does Quench Life. It's awesome!

11. xento

xento New Member

Hmm... Once, Slug was messing around with WorldEd and made a module for us to play with. He put on a pre-made (he didn't make it) "statue". I picked it up and found I could use it! It would do a different kind of spell every time I used it. Sometimes it would hurt my enemies, and sometimes it would do something to me or summon and enemy on me. It would just do random spells. Is that kind of what it does?

12. Lagash

Lagash New Member

No no no. The Bangellian Scourge is not like that... but can be! It hurts you depending on some stat I don't know, although I'm pretty sure it's based on your alignment AND your tech/magick aptitude. Now I saw an evil Virgil use it, excellent, it didn't do anything to him.

And it does not random spells; I wrote which spells it does up in my last post... but I forgot to mention it also does poison damage, and its max damage is 30, not 20, I checked it.

Every time you hit with high aptitude it makes an hexagram in the foot of the unit you hit, at the end of your turn, all the special attacks will be made, so sometimes you hit them and at the of your turn they die. If you're playing real time it does the curse at the moment you hit.

I say there's no best than the Bangellian Scourge.

Our Host!