Best Bow

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Jakko930, Oct 30, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Gavla

Gavla New Member

Or magic archers MAY be better than tech archers because whether they were archers or not, mages generally do better than techies.

2. Lagash

Lagash New Member

Well, if you use the Yczar's Cost, you can use Call Winds to keep enemies out of reaching you. And if you're tech, maybe a explosive grenade could throw them flying on the air, just that is doesn't necessarily throws them far from you...

PS: All the Pyrothecnic stuff rules! The best weapon without talking about unique ones, is the Pyrotecnic Axe. I gave it to Torian Kel and killed people with one hit! At least the most common enemies...

3. Max Coyote

Max Coyote New Member

Ah... yes, torian Kel... ("the bloooddd...")

A nasty habit of him, that of killin' people with one hit. But I don't think that the PyroAxe is needed for that... give him the Bangellian Scourge, or his Ancestral Sword, or an axe handle, for that matter!

That aside, I prefer the PyroBow over Magic Bows, just 'cause it adds fire damage... but, in the other hand... why bother with bows if you're tech? Why don't pull out your trusty "Old Mary"...?

Ah, guns and bows don't mix, I gues... ^_^

4. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

I gave the pryo axe to Perriman, he killed someone in one hit - himself

5. Lagash

Lagash New Member

Err... well, isn't supposed that someone like Perriman would use a tech weapons as the Pyrothecnic Axe... Give him the Staff of Xorath if you don't have Jormund in your team, and he'll do marvels with it (any magic character actually can).

As for the bows. Trying to become Archmage I killed Simeon Tor (didn't work), it gave me instantly "Enemy of Tulla" reputation. Then I went downstairs (Jorian didn't do anything), and began to kill Masters, that was cool to see so many mages together, well when I killed the Master of Fire I found a PyroBow in her/his corpse... It'd be fun to see him/her try to use it being a mage. :D Well, now you know, if you want a PyroBow, in Tulla there's one!

6. hutz

hutz New Member

would the pyro bow be good for Raven? i am about to enter into the void and i want her to have the best bow possible. I am also stacking her with 1000 arrows ;)

Where can i get a compound bow to make it? i have the schematic, but i have yet to run across that bow.

thanks.

7. Lagash

Lagash New Member

No. Don't give her the PyroBow. She's magical and the bow is technological, she'll be making critical misses all the time. Get her an Arcane Bow, that's an excellent bow, besides the Bow of Ecclessiastes(master bow) and the PyroBow(not for mages!).

8. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

elumyn's bow (sp) from quintarra is very good. its high speed means plenty of shots.

9. hutz

hutz New Member

Elumyns bow, is it better than the Elvin hunters bow? And where in quintara is it? at that armory elvin?

10. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

Ellyum (in Quintarra) will give you it in exchange for mithril ore which is found in the wheel clan or in a chest in blackroot.

11. The_Malus_Monkey

The_Malus_Monkey New Member

So, ya you can kill him and get it if you want to save all that hassle! :D

12. hutz

hutz New Member

hmmm, i already got him the ore...and i sold the bow. oh well ;) I'll take my chances with whatever is down there. Thanks.

13. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

If you killed him I don't think that raven would like you as much.

14. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

That bow is the best bow in the game, IMHO. It has a speed of 25 & all the bonuses of the Elven Hunter's Bow as well. Whoever you sold it to will still have it & won't want to sell it back. Reaquire it. Give her the Helm of Yacazar's Cost as well, + 4 PE & + 1/2 bow. Raven cannot bend the Arcane Bow. Or even the Magic Bow.

Our Host!