Gun Master

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Val, Nov 26, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Val

Val New Member

I found the gun master in ashbury. I talk to him and he won't train me. I've heard that someone should approach me after I talk to him, but no one appears.

Are there any other requirements for this quest? My character is at expert gun level, with perception of 15 and I think 4 gun level points. Do I need charisma or high intelligence? My character is only at level ten. I used the railroad to go to Ashbury as soon as I became an expert and learned that he was there. I have not gone to Schuller & sons yet - do I have to wait until I am "officially" sent by the main quest to Ashbury?

Help!

2. Gwindor

Gwindor New Member

actually, what you need is 5 points in firearms... *laughs*

3. M@de in China

M@de in China New Member

I had trouble with finishing this quest at lvl 18.

And a note to you, you might want to use a fate point and steal his gun it's really nice and you may need it.

4. Solaris

Solaris New Member

You have to develop your firearms skill to the maximum, then talk to him. There will be a dwarf(or a gnome?) whose wife was taken by a gang of gunslingers. This will be your master quest, the firearms master will agree to train you if you free the woman and kill the bandits

5. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

You don't need to use a fate point to steal his gun, when he's sleeping it's very simple, even for a Dwarven technologist. Also the gnome's wife must survive the battle between your forces and those of the
    Wilicker Gang.(sp? it's been awhile) she'll be in the back of the barn getting squashed by an ogre. It is imperative that you kill the ogre ASAP, even if you revive the dead gnome woman, the gun fighter master will still act like she's dead. Don't forget to loot the gang after you kill em'.

6. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

I have stolen his gun in broad daylight with only 2 points in pickpocket & a few F7s & F8s. He has no bullets, so it is in his inventory, not his hands.

You need PE 18, 5 points in firearms, & a big, fast gun. A potion of speed & TBC realy helps as does going in the side door. Try the Mechanized Gun & bring 300 or more bullets. And a lot of friends.

7. xento

xento New Member

What good is a speed potion? The laws of magick/technology, remember... :-?

8. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

It will last long enough to get you through the battle. It means you can shoot the hostage holder to death & still have a few shots left on your first combat phase. It means you will go through well over 200 bullets if you are going in with the Mechanized Gun.

The magic / thec thing makes a potion last longer for magic users, but gunfights are over FAST. Faster with a potion of speed.

9. Lagash

Lagash New Member

The mission of William Thorndrop is terrible, that western fight in the barn. The best if you're technologist is to start throwing grenades, like stun grenades, flash, smoke, knock-out gas, or the mighty concussion grenade. They all will die fast (except for the gang leader, is strooong...), and some forget to fire and start attacking you with swords. :D

10. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

speed potions last indefinitely in TBC IIRC...

11. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

LoL. Even though I was a techie.. I used a scroll of dominate will that I found in the castle on the gang leader to win. Try putting loads of traps on the floor before you get the quest, that would be fun.

Our Host!