Are we alone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quethim, Nov 27, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Quethim

Quethim New Member

Ah, just decided making another opinion thread. I'm good at making those.

Anyway, I was just wonder how much of you think we are actually alone in this really big galaxy. I mean, what if we were alone, wouldn't that be strange. A galaxy all to ourselves. Eventually we would be very bored, very bored. So, from what I think, I believe that there are others out there, hostile or peaceful, you never know. But UFOs, are those real? Is the government hiding crap from us, we never know? Damn government, always hide stuff!

We don’t know anything anymore. So much stuff that us civilians have no clue about. So much stuff that bring people to thinking.

2. starchybean

starchybean New Member

It is possible that we're alone in this galaxy, but definately not in the universe. There is no way that out of an ever expanding area of pure nutrients for life that Earth is the only planet to hold life.

I also think that we (as citizens) don't know a lot about what our government and the governments in the world are doing. This is really fucked up. :monkey2: I think if the governments want us to be good citizens, they need to tell us about what they are doing. There is definately too much cloak and dagger in politics. Anyway, :hippy: out.

3. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I think the human race should expand, expand, EXPAND! The Universe is our plaything! Every world we find inhabitable we should occupy as soon as possible, so those nasty aliens don't instead. The sooner we occupy the world's, the sooner we can reap all the resources from them, and move on to the next world. It'll be like in Independence Day, except we're the aliens, and then we come across a world which we initially blast into oblivion but then a few "freedom fighter" type people fly one of our own spaceships into our surprisingly vulnerable mother ship, and upload a virus into our freakishly-identically-structured computer systems so they can blow us up from the inside and then defeat us in one stunning blow on the earth below.

Unlike in Independence Day, though, we won't have brought our whole race with us. Instead, we'll ignore the obvious evidence of what happened until and repeat our unsuccessful tactics until some smart janitor finally realises what is going on, and leads the remnants of our once great civilisation on one last effort to crush the insolent aliens. The janitor is leading because the's the highest ranking human left, and we finally crush the aliens like the bugs they are. The hidden third party observers will gradually come to sympathise with us instead of the aliens because even though we were initially the aggressors, we've lost everything and are now doomed despite our final victory.

Meanwhile, it will have escaped everyone's attention that the aliens have no ability to retaliate against us in space because they have shitty technology compared to us, and that we could have just moved on after our first defeat and come back later without any fear of repercussions.

4. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

it is mathematically improbable that all life in the universe can be found on only one tiny little planet. here's another thought..... if the universe is infinitly large, would that make us infinitly small?.

5. Sereina

Sereina New Member

Well, the number of planets in The Whole, Entire, Unadulterated Universe is entirely unlimited, yes? It's so huge, the number of every electron, proton, and neutron in our small galaxy doesn't even begin to compare to the number of planets.
    So, with that in mind, I'd say that we are most definetly NOT alot :cool:

6. Just A Geek

Just A Geek New Member

Who ever said the universe was so large? I mean, sure it is in relation to us, but who is to say that our universe isn't just trapped inside of some alien's snow globe?

7. Rat Keeng

Rat Keeng New Member

If we were a planet in a snow globe, wouldn't there be some enormous waving Santa somewhere for everyone to look at? Or a snowman, or a church or something. And wouldn't we be living underwater?

Well, maybe our universe is nothing but a small turning gear in some machine somewhere, and we're making it spin. And to make us keep working, they assigned God to our universe to supervise. And like most other bosses, he's an asshole, which explains his carelessness for us.

So kudos to me for proving that we are not alone, and that God is a bastard.

8. xento

xento New Member

I'm not quite sure what to think, but hereis a good link for UFO and Alien pictures!

EDIT: Oh, and try www.sightings.com

Another Edit:

I think that alot of those 1960-1980 "space ships" were experimental flying cars. They were being developed and tested back then. See
    http://www.moller.com/skycar/xm2/
    http://www.moller.com/skycar/xm3/
    http://www.moller.com/skycar/xm4/

The best part: They are very close to creating one for the public market!
    http://www.moller.com/skycar/m400/

4 passengers, too! :D
    And can go over 380 mph with 28mpg! Not bad!

9. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Hey Luchaire, another who believes what they read on the Internet. But you knew that already...

10. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

No. I'm in a room with 2 other people.

11. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Ofcourse we are alone, we are all milo remember?
    Where is he by the way?

12. Drugar

Drugar New Member

It would be arrogant to think that we are the only living things in the whole of creation....
    However, UFO's are figments of people's imagination and/or craving for attention. If there were aliens coming to earth, we'd all know about it.

New question: What kind of Aliens would you like to see?
    "Alien" type aliens (the perfectly evolved killing machine) or Grey, bulb headed aliens with the big black eyes...?

13. Just A Geek

Just A Geek New Member

Are you sure about that? Would we truly even WANT to know about it? Who is to say that the government isn't covering something up as not to get the public too riled up over it?

And on a different note, I think we are the armpit of the universe. Earth is like West Virginia. Everyone else knows its there, they just try to avoid it. ;)

14. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

Is it just me, or is that oxymoronic? How can we be alone? We is plural.

15. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

I know for one thing that I am not alone- DU is in the van outside my window, watching me.

Ook voor bermen!

16. DarkUnderlord

Yes, and a very enjoyable view it is.
    *puts it away and zips up his pants*

17. Quethim

Quethim New Member

You all know what I mean when I say "Are we alone." I am talking about a group of one. The world is one. There is a word for that, but I forget what it is. But that's what I am basically saying.

Anyway, the government is probably hiding stuff from us to save us. They have probably done much stuff that has saved our lives. They hide stuff to keep us going, if we knew something bad would happen, we would all freak out and go insane, it's a good thing the government hides stuff. It would be cool knowing what is out there, but it would freak us all out if we knew they were hostile. I'm sure there are many friendly ones out there as well, and I'm quite sure there are not really "hostile" ones out there. I'm sure a lot of the other planets are like us, war with each other.

18. xento

xento New Member

It makes me mad that the government would try to "hide" us from that. So they are trying to save us? Bah! If the "aliens" would decide to attack, there would be laser shots and people dropping dead all around us. We would wonder what was going on! Now THAT would be worldwide panic. If they decide to act like terrorists, then they would suceed, wouldn't they? They should get us prepared for something like that by telling us the truth!

19. DarkUnderlord

Ohhhh..... Really? Is that what you're talking about.

You presume the aliens have lasers and that the government is hiding us from laser toting aliens? Perhaps they're hiding them because they know that if we knew, some groups would want to fuck over the aliens. Perhaps the aliens are weak and live on the moon. We wouldn't know if they were there if the government hid them. If they were weak, they might be getting protected by the government to save them from the psycho deranged loonies who'd want to destroy them.

20. M@de in China

M@de in China New Member

A) "ETs" exist, there is no doubt about it. To claim to be the only life in the entire universe is to be ignorant.

B) UFO abducting humans and using them as incubators is ridiculous

Just stating my stance

Our Host!