Follower limit...

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by starchybean, Nov 21, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. starchybean

starchybean New Member

What is the maximum number of followers you can have? I have 18 charisma and I can have four followers and am desperately wanting more! What are the factors that make up the maximum number of followers and how can I boost my charisma?

Thanks in advance!

The 83an

2. Icairus

Icairus New Member

You get a follower for every 4 charisma, you can gain an extra follower for persuasion, and there are certain followers that don't actually go against the count. Dog and the summoned followers are the only ones of those I can think of, though

3. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

I am assuming that you are a half-orc and are thus at the maximun charisma for your race. To get 1 more charisma - go to the posh fortune teller in Tarant and she'll (after loads of talking) ask you to steal a crystal ball from madam tussads. Then go to 47 mulligan bone alley and steal the 1/2 ogres key to get the painting. Go to madam to tussads (you can use the docks steamrail station) talk to madam tussads and say that your on her side (or something like that) then give the crystal ball the fortune teller you met earlier and go back to madam tussads. She'll give you a point of charisma.

4. starchybean

starchybean New Member

Don't know why you would assume I am a half orc... :-? Anyway, I am a female half elf... thanks though for the tips on places to go. I have actually already done them and my charisma is at 18. I will boost my persuasion next. Does that only give you one follower, no matter how much you have?

Again, thanks in advance.

The 83an.

5. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

getting ch 20 will give you a 5th slot and make it so that your followers will never leave you unless you tell them. dog is a free follower and one to boot. someone else is bound to have a link to a list of all the free ones is you ask around.

6. Lagash

Lagash New Member

Is true that becoming a persuasion expert gives you another follower? :-?

BTW: Once I had 12 followers. I had Virgil, Geoffrey, Zan Al'urin, Torian Kel, Arronax and Kraka-Tur; well, those are the standard, plus the dog, a poison arachnid and 3 automatons (you don't have an idea the trouble I got to make them!). But the interesting is that I got the Bane of Kree over my follower limit: I asked him to help me, then he asked how I was going to win (I didn't have the Vendigroth Device), so I had an option like we were going to beat Kerghan by superiority or something like that, and The Bane mentioned Kriggyrd's Falchion, as I had it I gave it to him and he joined. That's the most NPC I ever had. :) [/i]

7. xento

xento New Member

.... And then "Kerghan returned to Arcanum wielding Friggard's Falchion, the weapon that YOU provided to him. In almost no time, he had unmasked an army of barbarians and laid siege to both Caladon and Tarant, and burning hundreds of villages along the way. Only by the combined might of all of Arcanum was he stopped. Unfortunatly, you were held responsible....", right?

8. Gwindor

Gwindor New Member

Aha, I KNEW you could't win without the vendigroth device :)

By the way, how does one buy the estate of Gilbert Bates? I mean, since one can't go back after going to the void, and he won't leave or anything now, I am at the Vendigroth part, and still he asks "Tell me, what news" whe I come to him... *grumbles*

9. zxcvbnmnbvcxz123

zxcvbnmnbvcxz123 New Member

Kill him, you get a fate point.

Then a guy shows up (u may have to wait a day or something) who sells it to you... I dont know EXACTLY where he is but he is RIGHT next to one of the monorail statons

10. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

I thought you were a 1/2orc becuase that is the most charisma you can get as a half orc, at 20 charisma though you can have another follower. Also kerghan could have killed bane in the fight and not have triggered that ending.

11. Lagash

Lagash New Member

That's funny when you have Torian Kel and talk to the Bane of Kree to join. Then Torian says something like hey, that's the sowrd of my family, return it to me! So the Bane gives his sword and he gets Kriggyrd's Falchion and everyone happy... and as for the bad end with the Bane wielding the falchion, you can take it off him before the fight, I hope it always works... I was Master in Persuasion and had 20 CH, I hope I can always do that and he won't go mad at me! :eek:

12. Gwindor

Gwindor New Member

Hey, where can get get Torian Kel? In Kree?

13. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

In Black Moon Temple. Its location is given to you by a lady in one of the houses in Ashbury. It may be referred to as Ancient Temple or something along those lines.

14. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

You have to go all the way through the temple and then go to another temple and then back.

Also if you fight kerghan torain kel joins him and Bane doesn't get on with torian kel all that well.

15. Lagash

Lagash New Member

Once I had torian Kel and he didn't turn on me against Kerghan. May it have been because I had CH20?

PS: I never knew the name of the Ancient Temple. Where did you see it?

16. Gavla

Gavla New Member

Yup, CH20 will do the trick.

You read it somewhere.
    If you have Geoffrey Tarrelonde-Ashe along for the ride, perhaps he tells you. Maybe Torian Kel mentions it. It might be written in a book in the lair of bellegrorim, or a book you get later in the game.

Also, it features the altar of Moorindal, and if you read up about him you might realise that the temple is called that, since it's fair to assume that the temple is named for what altar is inside it sort of thing.

It doesn't say it explicitly: It's just a casual reference to the name of the temple as if you already knew, and if yr finger is on the pulse, you'll realise it's that temple they're talking about.

Our Host!