Getting Magnus to join my party?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Aragorn, Nov 21, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Aragorn

Aragorn New Member

I can't seem to get Magnus to join me.

When I was going into P. Schuyler and Sons, I asked him to join me so he could make me some pure ore, to give to Lloyd Gurloes. Then I ditched him.

Now, I am looking for Quintarra, so it's a bit later in the game, but I need him to join me to make balanced swords and feather-weight axes. However, when I ask him, he says:

"Where the hell have you been?"

"What are you talking about, Magnus?"

"Off with the P. Schuyler and Sons, going on without me..." (Or something like that)

Is it possible to get him to join me? I am at level 31, 100 magic aptitude, and -100 alignment (the dark helm messed me up there).

Thanks,
    Aragorn

2. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

Magnus won't join you if your alignment is evil.

3. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

Are you patched at all? Also why did you want magnus at lvl 31???

4. Lagash

Lagash New Member

Magnus can't make Feather-Weight Axes when he just joins! You should have asked him earlier in the game, now it'll take forever for him to advance enough levels to be able to make them!

5. Aragorn

Aragorn New Member

I'm patched to version 1.0.7.4. I wanted Magnus for his Feather-Weight axes. I understand he can't make them just at the beginning, he needs to reach level 12, I believe... that's not my main concern, though.

I asked him earlier, but he said the same thing. I was at a positive alignment too, I believe... odd...

6. Aragorn

Aragorn New Member

Also, I managed to get a feather-weight axe, and turned it into a pyrotechnic axe. The "apt adj to a critical failure" is 75 percent -- the first two swings I took with it were critical failures that brought me down to three health. I am a master of melee too, which is supposed to not allow you to have critical failures. Am I screwed because this is a tech weapon, and I am a magick character?

7. hutz

hutz New Member

i am a tech char, and the pryo axe hits every time for me. haven't had any problems with it, best weapon yet.

8. Lagash

Lagash New Member

The pyro Axe is the ultimate weapon! If you have 75% adj to crit fail it only can be because you're a magicker! If you're a mage then you shouldn't be using tech items, they'll screw you all the time! And missing critically with a PyroAxe surely hurts... one day Magnus cut off his leg in a crit miss with a PyroAxe and died, and he was tech... now you better leave that weapon alone as long as you're a mage.

9. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Give the Pyro Axe to a tech or neutral folower. They can use it, you cannot.

Did you kill the Schulers? Not that it maters with 100% evil when trying to get Magnus?

10. Aragorn

Aragorn New Member

No! I did not kill the Schuylers! I talked to them, and convinced them to give me the info. I needed (I had 2 persuasion, a the time).

Could that be why?

11. Gavla

Gavla New Member

Is this a joke? Magnus is SO not gonna join ya.

One: Magnus is very goodd and simply won't join a character with as negative alignment as you
    Two: Magnus will not join you unless you killed the Schylers, because he disagrees with the dwarven zombie slaves.

I know that either 20 charisma or persuasion expert will overcome the fact the you're too evil... They might also let you convince him to join you after you made your dirty pact.

Our Host!