What kinda music you listen too

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gabriel Knight, Nov 21, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Gabriel Knight

Gabriel Knight New Member

Just wondering(i do that a lot)

Anyway i listen mostly to metal(Not gonna say heavy since most of those guys that listen to heavy are posers or dont know that theyre actually listening to speed metal)

So what are youre music favourites.

2. xento

xento New Member

Well, I like classical music, like Arcanum's music, Morrowind's music, and some of Fallout's music (like the intro music). Soft and soothing.

3. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

*in a sing songy voiceBluegrass in the morning, Bluegrass in the evening, Bluegrass at suppertime.

Bluegrass music. Not old-time country western. Bluegrass.

Scroll down and listen to the 4 song clips. All great, and one of my favorite bands, Blue Highway. For those of you who don't know, this isn't a bunch of goobers sitting on hay bales, wearing coveralls and straw hats, singing, "Turkey in the Straw" or "Rocky Top". There is some great instrumentation going on, and this band in particular leans heeeeaaaavily towards the blues. Listen to them, if you've a mind to.¹

¹Hell, do it anyway. Cause I said so.

4. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Hey, Retard's a country and western¹ fan! Your cheatin hearrrrrrrrrrt ...

My favourite stuff is still - rather lamely - prefer shoegazery nonesense from the early 90s and bands around now with a similar sound. That's a kind of general favourite thing. There are several bands/artists I'd probably say are my favourites at the moment who are in other genres. I still can't get enough Coldplay, for instance.

¹Yes, I know. I saw it when you said it, but chose to ignore it so I could mock you

5. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

NOW DO AS I TELL YOU: get a car fill it with gasoline. Get a shotgun, some shots, a tovel and huge glasses. Then drive straight across your country into the capital. Find the house where the president or higest leader lives. run into his house and kill him while you are screaming "allah el achbar" Then run of. Now that will stop you from wondering to much since you will be very busy running away from the police, the whole army and posibbly the navy. OR you will be busy being beaten the shit out of because you got caught.
    Now back to the subject: i listen to the music i like and i like the music that i think sounds nice. My sister hav been playing old beatles hits for several weeks now so i'm hating beatels.

6. Rat Keeng

Rat Keeng New Member

Right now i'm listening to a song called "Up where we belong". Cheesy maybe, but fuck it, i like it. Other than that, TISM and Queen takes some of my time still. Also, lately i've been listening to Duran Duran. And a little Elvis.

I don't care much for picking a genre. Sometimes i listen to System of a down or equally hard rock, sometimes i flip on the good old Ludwig Van :smile:

7. Gwindor

Gwindor New Member

Power Metal, like Rhapsody and Blind Guardian. Other kind of metals... Well, I like christian Death Metal, they at least have text that I can stand :D And yes, "Death Metal" sounds like it is not very christian, but the name comes from the band "Death" that invented the genre.

So no nagging 'bout that :grin:

8. Menion Ravenlock

Menion Ravenlock New Member

Rock,and Metal. Oldie's Hell I like it all when it comes down to it. Except spanish music. :grin:

9. xento

xento New Member

I read in a Current Science magazine awhile ago that they have come up with a new kind of radio: satelite radio. You can buy a reciever and listen to it anywhere, mostly, and it comes in good and has a different frequency/station for every kind of music genre, as well as news and talkshows!!! No commertials, either. It is just pure music. There are currently two companies that offer it. One is completely commertial free and the other has maybe one to two minute commertials now and then, but it mainly commertial-free.

10. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

It's called XM Satelite Radio.

11. xento

xento New Member

Oh, is that what they call it? The magazine just called it satelite radio and didn't mention the XM.

12. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I'm into a bit of everything. I like a little Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Wagner, and possibly a few others that I don't yet. I really pick and choose from a lot of genres - I don't like rap, but I enjoy Young MC's song Bust a Move, mainly for the funny lyrics. Bit of punk like Millencollin doesn't go astray, but that than that I generally prefer rock and stuff from the 60's, 70's and 80's ala Queen, Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, bands like that.

At the moment though, I can't get enough of PF's Dark Side of the Moon album.

13. Ct0fDiscord

Ct0fDiscord New Member

I like a lot of punk (old and new), System of a Down and CKYish stuff... and even jimi hendrix and acd type stuff. People usually say they like music because they can relate to it, which is bullshit. I could probalby even relate to the crappiest song in the world, I'm not gonna like it. They are usually just poor or stupid people who want to seem like they are smarter than they really are.

One of the few good songs I can relate to is purple haze, by jimi hendrix. And thats only because I spent too much time spraypainting my poorly ventilated basement. There was this purple haze all in my eye, I didn't know if it was day or night, now 'scuse me while I kiss the sky*. :hippy: :stoner:

*Yes, I know it doesnt go like that, so don't pretend to be super hippy master and correct me :)

14. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

15. Icairus

Icairus New Member

My music

My current favorite song is by a band called Moltov, the song is "Chinga tu Madre" it is awsome. Although I like just about all music that is stored on a circular medium.

16. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

Icairus, I hope you speak Spanish.

I like a little from most genres, but my favorite has always been rock. Old-style is good, new-style is good... well, 80s-style ain't that great, but hey.

Here's some songs I like.

Bif Naked "Lucky"
    Kim Ferron "Nothing But You"
    Treble Charger "How She Died"
    Aimee Mann "Pavlov's Bell", "This is How It Goes"
    K's Choice "Virgin State of Mind"
    Goo Goo Dolls "Here is Gone"
    Cat Stevens "Sad Lisa", "Miles From Nowhere"
    Mamas and the Papas "California Dreamin'", "Go Where You Want"

17. Sereina

Sereina New Member

*laughs at Icairus*
    Honey, go to altavista and translate that ;)
    Hilarious!
    In any case, I LOVE Leonard Cohen, Loreena McKennit, Guns'n'Roses, Janis Joplin, Otis Redding, etc.

18. Just A Geek

Just A Geek New Member

Hey Etalis, you mean I am not the only one that really likes Her Royal Majesty (aka Bif Naked)?

Heh, got the CD cuz I had heard a couple songs from it (Spaceman and Moment of Weakness) and it was free, so I figured why not. When it got to Lucky, my jaw dropped.

*gives a thumbs up for good taste in music* :thumbup:

19. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

This other band, Babylon Zoo, did a song called Spaceman...kind of a rock/dance thing, really big hit when it came out. I love that song...

20. Gwindor

Gwindor New Member

Isn't anyone else here into Death and Power Metal? :)

Anyway, I kinda like Commodore 64 music, like Monoton und Minimal :D

Our Host!