the haggle skill

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by egervari, Jun 24, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. egervari

egervari New Member

since the haggle skill requires WP, does it make sense for the mage to put a few points in it considering there is all this junk that you can't do anything with it and I know I could always use the gold...

I thought thieves were supposed to be fairly good hagglers too, no? Or is this to balance that you can either steal and sell or haggle, but not both?

2. Josh

Josh New Member

you could do both, but your skill in it wouldnt be as good if you just did one or the other, and because barter and being a mage both require WP, yes it's a good idea to put some points into barter if your a mage

3. Ferret

Ferret New Member

If you get to expert haggler then you can sell all that tech junk to herbalists, tailers, armourers and magick dealers. These people give much more gold than junk dealers and people who normally buy the stuff, so it's well worth it!

4. Gunthor

Gunthor New Member

Um, if you're a thief, why would you need to have haggle? Trash the crap, and steal-'n-sell the merchant goods. If you're a thief, you shouldn't need haggle.

And If you're going for a mage, haggle's a good choice for a secondary skill. Since you don't have to boost WP, it's just logical.

5. Josh

Josh New Member

for better prices when you sell them thier stuff back I suppose

6. Gunthor

Gunthor New Member

I thought that merchants only had so much money in the first place. So if you just continue with the steal-'n-sell, you'll get the same amount of money. I guess Haggle will get it done a lot quicker though, so knock yourself out with Haggle!

7. Josh

Josh New Member

I guess so, or if you cant steal it, you cant buy it

8. egervari

egervari New Member

Yeah. I decided that I'm going to go with 3 points in Haggle instead of 5. I finally got expert from the bartender in Ashbury. This seems to work out really well now as some of those magic armours that you find, the tech armour smiths will actually buy them for a couple thousand coins. That sounds worth it to me =) I'm going to put those 2 points in something else now, perhaps Harm and one other thing.

9. Luinil

Luinil New Member

i find harm to be a very good spell, since its level 1, its easy to get, and still end up using it later on in the game

10. Draenor

Draenor New Member

I wonder where I can get an Expert in Haggle.I knew JM will help me to be an Master but dont know the Expert.

11. Gwindor

Gwindor New Member

The Best (and cheapest) way to get money for a techie is to get some pickpocketing, get to tarant gunsmithy shop, use "wait until evening", wait 2 more hours, follow him inside his room and wait until morning...

TADA!!! Now you can unlock his merchant chest, take a clarington rifle, speak to the gunsmith (trough the wall), sell the rifle, take it, sell it and so on... He will give you like 50k this way... then he won't buy ANYTHING, which is the sad thing with it... But hey, who doesn't want 50k free? :D

12. zxcvbnmnbvcxz123

zxcvbnmnbvcxz123 New Member

I think the best way is to go to Rizitee's shop, pickpocket his key, take the 800-3000 gold in his chest, move the camera off the shop (you can do this instead of walking away from the shop, it wokrs better) wait 1 day, open the chest again and all the money's there.... yes it is cheating just a little but... its all the money u could ever want :grin:

13. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

Haggle sucks! No really, later in the game you don't need money anyway and unless your strange and don't kill all the people with stuff you want why bother trying to buy it, it a waste of however many points you put in it.

14. Gwindor

Gwindor New Member

Well, I still think the Clarington rifle one is better... Becuase you don't have to wait a day all the time...

Our Host!