War RPG

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Menion Ravenlock, Nov 14, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Menion Ravenlock

Menion Ravenlock New Member

As I waited with my King I heard footsteps outside as the Archmage Silvenius entered. He was not alone for a Human woman trailed after him. "Silvenius I am glad to see you friend." I said as I gave my old friend a warming embrace. "Who is this behind you?" The woman stepped up saying "my name is Katherine L'Anara sir." She then bowed her head. I smiled a weak smile for my wound still bothered me but I replied, "Its a pleasure to behold such beauty lovely madam." "My name is Menion Ravenlock the General of the elven army. The door flew open and entered a human and a dwarf talking about some elven archer at the gates and stopped seeing us watching them. "Greetings said the Human quickly the names Matthew of Gorman and he shook my hand. A voice interupted everyone. It was Andel the King of the elves which no one noticed when they came in except me. "I have some news for you" he said in a low voice. As you know the elves are faltering and is the time to plan a defensive tactic for the city." "But I am sorry for I won't be here to help you for now I am old and tired." At that a flash blinded us and when our eyes adjusted the King was gone! I raised up callijg out in anger and fear of where my King went. I noticed gasps from these strangers and I looked at them with suspician. Then we all started talking at once and the questions grew and grew into a confusion.

{OOC}Okay now here we are some of us in the council. The king has vanished (Never to be found) And now the Elves have no King. This is also the time now we plan a war stragedy quickly. After this meeting is going to be an attack on the City and so the action is coming! Please also if your name is not in this post please just come in the council or meet us on the battle grounds coming soon! I had a whole story written but I guess I should of sent you pms about the whole story. But lets make this the best of it for now.

My charator is Menion,Blonde,Hazel eyes,Ability's=Weapons master,Druid magic,and can change into a Gray wolf with white eyes. My appearance is I have a strong body finely shaped and a battle scar on my left breast.

2. Quethim

Quethim New Member

[ooc] I'm in the council as well, my captor has me in the council. Or...if you no longer want me in this game, I guess I could kill my character off. For it seems I'm screwing things up =/ [/ooc]

3. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Entering council

I decided to wander around the city, seeing all of its beautiful sites. The whole place was very elegant, but very well defended, nearly every part of the city had myriad defensive structures. At some point during my walk, I noticed that everyone seemed to be going inside of one building, I thought that I should probably join in. This was obviously a war meeting in order to plan defence against the Demons. As I walked in, I heard everyone gasp, this scared me a good deal, and I was about to run out when I noticed that no-one was looking at me, it was something else. Their king had vanished into thin air. Everyone was confused, so I slipped into the midst of them, hoping not to be noticed
    - A necromancer, or, er... Ten'al, yes, that is my new name

4. DwarvenWarrior

DwarvenWarrior New Member

This place was hell. Not one damned bar in sight. Nor could I find a smith I needed a new featherweight axe so I could upgrade it to a pyroaxe. My last axe was lost when the demons raided are mines thousands of them clamoring through the halls which had been hewn by my fore fathers. I was leader of the main defense force of the upper sections. My men fought valiantly but we were pushed back slowly but surly the hoards of demons would eventually make it to the center of the cavern soon. The order to evacuate the royal family was given. My men and I were the to stay behind and cover their rear. We held them for a long while nearly a week by my reckoning. Soon however are ranks failed and in are final charge we burst forth from the cavern into the night, I think it was night but, the sky is always so dark now it’s hard to tell. We set out for this city but I was the only one to make it. The rest where slain by a huge demon that was as black as the deepest pits. I escaped by throwing my axe at its leg and running.

I phased back into reality when I heared a shout.

5. slagger21

slagger21 New Member

Seemed like a war coucil was going on . Being *ahem* Captain of the Guard , i would most likely be included in various parts of planning . Ugh , that shift sure tired me out . If the new guards didn't get killed so damn often , i might actually have someone to order around and take my post for me .

Walking into the hall , i saw the other elves looking around anxiously , and a sneaky little Tier'dal (dark elf) make a bad attempt to blend into the crowd .

6. xento

xento New Member

I had been talking to the dwarf about the tragety at his home mines when I came into the councel chambers. I looked around and stammered out a weak hello. This place was HUGE!!! It has to be about five stories tall and rounded into a dome at the top. I was shocked at the work of art. Marble pillars lined the hall and the roof was made of some pure-white stone. The walls were of a polished granite and were inlaid with golden symbols every five feet or so.

I told the dwarf to look at the awesome work of art, but he grunted "Hmph! My mine was ten times better!"

I was still letting my jaw drop in awe when the councel meeting started. The elf king began speaking, and then suddenly vanished into a puff of smoke. Then, people began to look at eachother suspiciously. I noticed quite a few angry stares going to my dwarven friend... and about three going to me!

7. Menion Ravenlock

{OOC} NO keep the demon charator we can use you. Make your charator escape. I will wait until ferret and stuff post their reply to the council and I will continue the next part later{OOC}

8. Ferret

Ferret New Member

I hadn't been waiting outside of the massive inlaid doors for long, when Sylvenius emerged from a corridor to my right.

"Thankyou for coming, fair Sorceress. I hope you do not mind me summoning you, but the council is about to begin, and with things as they are right now, we will be needing all the help we can get."

[I curtsey politely, and put on a formal and polite manner I had picked up from one of the many kingdoms I have visited]

"I thank thee grand Archmage. My heart doth swell with unending pleasure at the honour of being invited unto the council of the great Elven people. I hope that I can play my part equal to the greatest of honours that you hath bestowed upon me this day."

The Archmage Sylvenius nodded politely, but he had a twinkle in his eyes. Perhaps I rather over did the dialogue. I smile and nod my head politely, and enter through the doors as he swings them open for me. Ever the gentleman....

The scene before me is one splendor. The most magnificent Elves are seated around a richly toned, polished mahogany table, deeply etched and enscribed around the edges in one of the most intricate and amazing patterns I have ever seen. The chairs themselves match the table - being of deeply honed, magnificently carved mahogany.

If this were MY room, I'd be afraid of scratching the furniture!

An Elf, dressed in highly decorated, elaborate, but somehow very functional armour, addressed Sylvenius and my introductions were made. I noticed he seemed tired, but he carried it with grace. He seemed more, weary, than exhausted.

It wasn't long before we were joined by others. Another human and a rather splendidly and heavily bearded Dwarf. Unfortunately, our arrival seemed somewhat overshadowed. The Elven king made a short speech, and disappeared. Is this normal for an aging king of the Elves? Unfortunately, due to their reclusive nature, my knowledge of Elves is somewhat limited.

However, something I do know, that none of the others, Elven or otherwise, seem to know about their king is the nature of his departure. His disappearance was infact, and known, but rather risky form of translocation only commitable by sorcerors. And only other sorcerors can detect sorcery magic of such nature. We have a sort of... sense... that allows us to detect any act undertaken through the means of sorcery that no other being possesses. I suppose it has something to do with the nature of our minds, but I do not know.

The next big question I need to answer, is do I tell the council what I know? It is obvious to anyone that they do not know what has happened, or how, but it is equally obvious that the king does not wish his methods or reasons to be known. Indeed, his motives or reason for leaving are as much a mystery to me, as anyone.

I decide against telling anyone and hold my tongue. It would only detract from the important matter at hand, and could serve no useful purpose at this time.

I allow my eyes to roam around the room, feeling somewhat detached from the growing ruckus around the table. It is thus that I see a demon chained to the far wall, in a small, darkened recess. It is smaller in size and less.... menacing.. than the ones I have encountered until now, but a demon noe the less. what it is doing here I cannot imagine, but perhaps the subject will be broached by someone from the now chaotic mass around the table.

I stand silent, near to a window overlooking the courtyard where I had first arrived and patiently await further developments.

[OOC]
    Edit - BTW, I was thinking of making 'Find out About the Fate of the Elven King' my own private quest. One that would not involve anyone else and that I would leave the group to follow. Of course, depending on the outcome of the findings, none of you may ever know the truth - or even that I knew what happened to him in the first place. As far as you would know, he just simply disappeared.

Of course, if I find out what happened to him, and it's important, or his wishes were that you would find out, then I'll tell you, or just some of you - like the inner Elven council if, for instance, it was about some sort of private Elven ritual or internal matter. In which case, only Maniac and Menion would ever know.

As such, I would appreciate it if noone mentioned the matter further, and just dropped it like Menion wanted, as if 'it just happens'.
    [/OOC]

9. Quethim

Quethim New Member

"I've got an idea!" I roared to everyone that was in the council. "You could use me as a spy, but you will have to let me go, I could gather information for you. Sound good?"

I had to do anything to get myself out of these chains, they were starting to hurt me. I'm not that strong of a Demon, and I feel pain just like normal mortals would. I did not want to tell the council memebers that I'm weak and can't stand this pain, for then they would kill me, and I don't want death to happen. I think I can stop this war, but I can't like this.

"Come on, please, please let me go, I'll spy for you. Yeah, I know, you're thinking that I just want a way to escape. But then you are wondering about my size as well. I hate demons, which is why I'm not like normal demons, I used to look like normal demons, but I escaped hell. But then I was cought and someone summoned me, why I would be summoned? I don't know. But I will gladly spy for you, I don't like this war. And I can see you all don't either. So, what do you say?"

10. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Helping the Demon

There was a demon in the corner of this grand room, and it started yelling about how it would become a spy for us. With the yelling of a demon, everyone looked in that direction. Most people thought the idea was laughable, but I decided that doing that and seeing what he would actually do would be fairly entertaining. I decided to support his freedom. I vocalized my will that maybe he would be a useful ally. Most people looked at me like I was crazy, but I made up a little speech on how he could be useful in this war. Of course, I know little about the war, little about the demon, and even less about the people around me so I probably sounded like an idiot, but oh, well.
    -Ten'al, the new body of an old necromancer... finally getting used to this new form

11. DwarvenWarrior

DwarvenWarrior New Member

"FREE A DEMON!!" I stood addressing the onlookers, "Are you mad? I have seen first hand what his kin can do as have most of you.'' I paused taking a breath. "To free him would be endangering the peoples of this city, I have no doubt that he was sent by the ruler of his kind to gather information on your city for the attack that we all know looms on the horizon. I say we cast him back to the hell from wince he came." I returned to my seat.

[OOC] Sorry Quinthem :D Feel free to disagree people. [/OCC]

12. xento

xento New Member

(occ) I think I will take DW's side because we are friends in the story, and all of Gorman was destroyed by demons (/occ)

"I agree with the dwarf, here," I shouted, "Why should we trust this beast when his kind has nearly wiped out all of the world?! If we let him free, he will attack and kill us all!! This war is too dangerous to go trusting demons about!"

Quite a few elves and the dwarf nodded their heads at my statement. My whole family had been killed by his ilk; why take pity on him?

13. Maniac

Maniac New Member

The King disappeared with powerful magic at work. I was sure. I turned at the demon with suspicion but didn't feel a power in it capable of making the King to vanish. The beast was pleading to be released and was claiming to be on our side. Pathetic lies!

"We aren't releasing this demon. I am not the leader but I hope none are mad enough to release it. None of their ilk can ether be trusted. If we want to kill him we must make sure that he dies permanently and doesn't return to his plane of existence from where he can be summoned again. My suggestion, however, is to keep him alive. He is not very powerful so we can keep him captured and we can study it and maybe find a weakness in its kind.
    But…We have more pressing matters at hand. We must forget about the King for now and concentrate on the coming danger. Although I assure you I'll look into the matter concerning the king."

14. xento

xento New Member

Upon hearing this, I immediatly volunteered to study the demon. I love to study things, usually mechanical, but biological things are about the same, except they are useless when they die.

"I volunteer to study the creature. Just keep it under control!"

15. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Personally, I have little experience dealing with demons. I have never studied, or witnessed the magics involved in their summoning, nor have I fought against them. I prefer to remain in the background, helping where I can, to either deal with the aftermath, or to prevent such things happening in the first place. I am unsure of what to think. He certainly doesn't appear to be the bloodthirsty, mindless minion of hell that I have seen before...

Sylvenius' vow to investigate his king's disappearance is unsettling, but not totally unexpected. However, without any lead to go on, he is bound to fail in his quest. Perhaps I should speak to him about my insights, after the council is over. Either I can dissuade him from this impossible task, or undertake it for him myself. The latter would be the better option though, as it will allow me to utilise his experience and unique insights, and allow him to focus upon the task of defending his kingdom.

I sidle up to Sylvenius slowly, and whisper into his ear. "I would speak with you after the council has closed, Archmage. I have something that would be invaluable for you to hear...."

With that over, I return to my position by the window. Sylvenius has a quizical frown on his forhead, but he returns his attention to the more important matters at hand.

[OOC]
    You can't take a hint can you Maniac? :wink: I was hoping that noone else would take on that quest, as it is a nice quest I could do for myself, that runs parallel to the main story, but my character is best equipped to deal with, especially in light of the fact that she is no warrior or battlemage!

However, I suspected that you might do something like this.

I'd also like to ask that noone else undertakes the task. For one, it'll ruin the ideas I had, but it will also detract from the main story, and there is no point in everyone abandoning the fighting to take on a side quest!
    [/OOC]

16. Menion Ravenlock

"Don't go near the demon fool!" "If you take another step closer to it you will find my blade in your gut!" I walked over to the human and pushed him aside. I drew my blade and raised it above my head ready to behead the beast. When a soft voice echoed in my head. "No dear, he is good leave him be." The sound was of my wife Fawn. I stared at the demon with hatred and sheathed my weapon. I looked at Kathrine with suspician. "I would like to talk to you." I then motioned her toward me and I also called my friend the Archmage. Together we left into a side room away from the others leaving them discussing the demon and starting to exam it.

{OOC}So far all is good guys keep it up! The King is supposed to be vanished from here and no one know's why except Ferret/Kathrine who will go on a quest if she want's to so no one spoil it for her.{OOC}

17. xento

xento New Member

I was shoved rather violently from the beast by the General of the elven army. He was about to kill it when his wife softly stopped him. He looked at the demon angrily and left to "talk" to his wife. When the door closed behind the Archmage, I walked over to the demon.

"Well, what have we here?" I said. "Sorry about my earlier comments, by the way. I spoke a little quickly."

I began to examine the demon.
    He was, as he said, a little on the small side with rather flimsy muscles and smaller, flatter teeth. His head was cocked at an angle as he studied me. He lifted one razor-sharp claw, and the guard nearby got an arrow ready in his bow, but then the demon simply held it out. I grabbed it by the dull side and shook it in an imitation handshake. I smiled and I think that it tried to as well.

"What is your name?" I asked.

18. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Watching

A man walked up to the demon, but the man in charge told him to get away, he would kill the demon. The man in charge's wife told him not to do that. He yelled for a couple of the other people that seemed important to come with him into a private conference.
    I decided that what was said in there would be important, so I managed to turn myself invisible and follow them. Being as clumbsy as I am with this new body, I made way too much noise in doing this and I would not doubt that they suspect something, but I managed to get into the side room that they had entered.
    - Ten'al, the new body of an old necromancer

19. Quethim

Quethim New Member

I thought I was going to die when the leader charged at me with his blade held high, I could do nothing but a voice from a female stopped him. The man then left the room with a couple others. A man came up to me, for he wanted to study me, so I allowed him to. He looked friendly enough and so I wanted to make peace with him, so I held out my claw to shake with him. And to my surprise, he did. He asked me my name, something no one has ever asked me. I don't really have a name.

"Well, I was really never named, but I guess you could name me, or I could name myself. Why bother, I guess I'm kind of a slave to you now, eh? So I guess you can name me. I'm not sure exactly what you will be finding out, I'm not like other demons, but I do have thier systems, so you could cut me open and find my weakness, it won't bother me if you kill me. Good luck." I tried to talk slowly and calmly to him, but I talking a bit faster when I talked about my own death. I didn't really want to die, I found these elven people an interesting race, and I wanted to help them stop this war, but how could I if they did not believe me.

The chains were still hurting me, for I could not keep my mind off of them. The chains wer digging into my thin flesh and I could feel blood gushing out of them. I started squirming around to try and get into a comfortable possition, but I could not get in any. Everytime I made a move, the chains tightened, so I stopped. It was hopeless. I just kept roaring and winning, hoping someone (mainly the person studiing me) would do something about the chains. I could barly speak anymore because the chains were smashing my lungs.

"H...e..ll...p" I managed to ask the man who came to me.

20. xento

xento New Member

Without a word, I whipped out my gun and loaded it. The demon's eyes grew wide. Before he could respond, I shot the clamps that held the chains apart and the chains loosened, letting him free.

The chains fell to the floor and he stood up and streched. He was bleeding and I quickly tended to the wounds.

"Don't worry, I will not kill you, and if I have anything to say about it, no one else will, either."

I loaded my gun again and looked around.
    "Anyone have a problem with that?"

Our Host!