Cats Vs Dogs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quethim, Nov 19, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Quethim

Quethim New Member

I searched for a topic about this, but found nothing. Anyways, this is just a simple thread about which is better. Cats or Dogs. Basicaly say which is better and why. Give a good reason, and not like 'because.'

For me, I like cats.
    Reason: Cats are easier to handle, and they are not as sloppy as dogs. With dogs you have to take them outside every now and then, but cats can use a littler box. Also, dogs slobber all over you, cats don't. Cats also jump on your when you are just standing there and sometimes it's comfortable and relaxing. Dogs, when they site on you......

2. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Dogs are ten times better than cats. Dogs happen to be able to do something else than thinking about themselves. They can be used when you go hunting, while cats only leave a dead mice head on your pillow, they tell you when there is intruders in the house, or they rip the intruders into pieces. A cat would probably show an intruder the way to the silverware. Dogs don't cough upp hair balls everywhere or spontaniously attack someone legs. Dogs do not sharpen their talons on your chair. AND best of all, dogs can be trained to do as they are told, while the only thing you can teach a cat is to run of when you are trowing a bottle at it. Dogs are not arrogant bastards. Myself i think that what kind of pet you chose tells me a lot about the owner. If you chose a dog it means that you are caring, social, hardworking and nice. But if you have a cat it means that you only want a pet that tends to itself and that you are lazy. Now i will go and kill a kitten.

3. Rat Keeng

Rat Keeng New Member

Great flamebait there, and you already caught a fiery little fish! Well done!

I love both cats and dogs, so i'm not gonna get into any of this, have your little pet-flamewar. But for fuck's sake, don't judge people by their choice of pet, it's about as superficial as judging people by the color of their skin.

4. Drugar

Drugar New Member

I was a cat person, but after we got a dog, the little cute demonic beast that he is, I switched to dogs.
    Can't beat a waggin' tail and those adorable eyes...

5. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I'm a dog person. With dogs, you get a more personal relationship with the animal - dogs always display loyalty, cats very rarely. Dogs also come when you call them, while cats just run farther away.

Cats are just filthy, arrogant sons-of-bitches :).

6. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Besides, cats' tounges are rough, huh Jarinor?!?!?!??!? HUH????? And they don't really care for peanut butter, do they? Nosiree, not like dogs.

:D

As for my vote, yeah dogs are ok. Cats are ok too, but I refuse to own an animal that doesn't do shit. If I don't eat it, or it doesn't make me money, I don't want it. All dogs are good for is shitting in the yard and being nowhere near when you step in it, so you can't kick them. Cats are just vindictive bastards.

7. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Dogs can protect your property from thieves and other arsholes. Cats only show the way to your most important posesions and laugh of you in your missery.

8. xento

xento New Member

*sigh* I agree with alot of that, both ways. I like cats for their smallness, cuteness, and cuddlyness, and they don't smell all the time when you pet one.

While with dogs, I like how they are usually kind and friendly. They kinda seem to really care about their owner and are more useful then cats.

If only they could cross them genetically. Genetically engineer a catdog with the looks of a cat (small, cute, and cuddly), and the brain of a dog (minus the no-run-in-front-of-truck feature) for being compasionate, loving, kind, and useful.

9. xento

xento New Member

What are your cats like, Ferret?

10. Menion Ravenlock

Menion Ravenlock New Member

I love cats better than dogs. Well I say this because well my cat acts like a dog! So I just like cats better is all let me think a little more.

*Here Kena thats a good kitty, your just my snookims hmm? You know I love you kitty.*

11. Ferret

Ferret New Member

I think all of your arguments about cats being bad are invalid. I've had cats all my life, and not once have I come across a cat such as has been described here. I just think that noone can be bothered to train them properly, the same as if you don't train a puppy, then it'll go to the toilet all over your house, destroy all your shoes and eat the baby.

Anyway, if you want some more reading, just go here. It's not exactly on topic, but it'll do. Just try and ignore all the spam if you can....¹

¹Several people seem to have it in their heads that the chamber is for spamming, but it's not, and HOE (the chamber mod) is going to sort them out if they carry on doing that. THis is just a warning for those of you who use this forum too.... :???:

12. Luchaire

Luchaire New Member

*looks around at his 7 housecats*

I guess I'm a cat person... :cool:

13. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

That, or a Sleepwalker.

14. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

like it wasn't obvious which i prefer... although, in truth, i don't prefer one to another. i love both my cats, my dog, and my hamster... yes, that's right, i now own another cat... and i'm thinking of getting a black bull king snake... mmmmm... meow... although i'm a little wary of coughing up $180 for the snake and cage...

15. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

Cats and dogs are good pets for other people to have. They give you all sorts of attention when you're around, and you don't even have to clean up after them.

:grin:

16. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Cats v Dogs

I am a dog person, you can take them outside for runs, hikes and other things. Cats aren't much for that. Having a snake and a hamster seems like a bad idea for me, or it may soon be a strangely larger snake and an extra cage.

17. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

hey, if it's her time to go, it's her time to go... although, strangely, that's close to the reason i didn't get a boa... i'm just too attached to my felines...

18. Luchaire

Luchaire New Member

I've had boas at the same time as cats. One particular boa I had was fifteen feet in length... never had a cat "disappear."

Of course, I've had some pretty stupid cats - I had one who insisted on sleeping in a tank with a savannah monitor. :eek:

19. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Actually, it's not as strange as you may think that reptiles and cats get along really well.

THere are many cases of snakes raising kittens, and cats that act as protectors to snakes and lizards. In fact, some snakes purr, so it may not be that strange after all....

20. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Cats like lizards/snakes? Our cat (not my choice) hunts them down mercilessly and brings the still live lizards in her mouth into the house, whereupon she releases them, and I usually have to rescue the lizard. Did you know that lizards bite?

We've also found dead, half-chewed lizards around the place.

Our Host!