Beauty Stat

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vazu, Sep 3, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Vazu

Vazu New Member

Is it just me, or is the top reaction mod from beauty +50? The manual claims it can go well over 100%, but it is topping out at +50 *sniff* and i really wanted sogg to love me, even in dread armor. Anyone else have this problem, or know what im doing wrong? Thanks --

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vazu on 2001-09-03 08:30 ]</font>

2. Xerophyte

Xerophyte New Member

Me thinks you might be misinterpreting things

The manual states that having a Beaty of 20 gives +100% reaction modifier, not +100. I'm guessing that they actually mean percent when they write it, so you 'just' get double the standard initial reaction from 20 Beauty. This is usually somewhere around 50, but varies depending on the race, gender, clothing and whatnot of both you and your prospective wooer.

Just change that Dread Armour for a much more stylish Smoking Jacket or Fine Dress (Whatever the female equivalent was) - everyone will love you on sight then.

3. Vazu

Vazu New Member

Thanks for the reply... i did a little testing with a couple spare char points i had and purity of water (playing a diplomage) and even with my beauty stat at 22 the reaction of people around me did not change. I think the manual must just be off on this one - has anyone else made a char with high beauty and had this experience? my char is an elf, male, with good align.
    what i found was at beauty of 18 reaction mod goes to +50, decided to test 20 plus scores, so put my 3 pts into the stat, then used purity of water twice to get to 22. Reaction mod still read +50, but thought maybe it was giving me a double bonus or something, so i wandered around tarant, and no one cared whether my beauty was 18 or 22, no ones reactions changed. Of course the suhweeet smokin jacket makes them fall in love hehe.
    it looks to me as if a beauty score above 18 is worthless, so the backgrounds of supermodel/ladies man seem to be lame, unless you just want the stat quick (if you took ladies man youd never have to raise beauty stat if you were a mage, since purity of water is so easy to get). but it does seem pointles. why do this, and burn other stat maxes? *ponder*
    Maybe if you had some -reaction mods then the higher beauty stat would over ride those, so beauty may be better for those evil bastids out there.

Our Host!