Pyro Axe

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by hutz, Nov 14, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. hutz

hutz New Member

I have read about this axe on this forum, and i have also seen the room in which i can get the schematic to build it (from the outside in the sewer). Yet i can't pick that lock for the door to open to that room with the steam engine. Its under Charman Willowsby house right? And the charman is out of town right now (i haven't gone to the mines yet, just building my character). How can i get into that room with the arachnids?

EDIT: also is there a way to modify a sword (one handed) that can have fire/electrical/poison damage? with schematics? Right now i am using the sword of air which requires 2 hands for best results. i can use it in one hand but it gives me a message that says "MRP: 12" or something like that ontop of the sword in my character screen.

EDIT2: i didn't want to start a new thread for this question. Is there a place i can buy a feather weight axe? i need 2 more character points to get to that schematic...and i would rather use them elsewhere. Also, on a totally different subject. Is Virgil a mage? i thought he was and i saved up for buying the Mage Staff for 2500 gold pieces. And now i read on here that he isn't...?

2. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

When I have ranged weapons, I blow the door with dynamite, give the party an F5, & shoot arachnids in a barrell. Otherwise, you can just walk into the Chairman's house & down his trap door, not forgeting that there is 3600 gp in the chest in his bedroom.

The Ballanced Sword can be modified to Envenomed or Charged status with schematics that can be purchased. On your first day in Stillwater, the Envenomed Sword itself may be purchased at the blacksmith's shop. If your MA is better than 10 or 12%, the chance for a critical fumble starts climbing dramaticly with these weapons.

The message is MSR, or Minimum Striength Required. Using a weapon with this message showing, will decrease your chance to hit & increase the crit fumble %.

3. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Virgil/Mage

The only spells Virgil learns are the healing ones, so he is not much of a mage. There is no reason to get staffs, they generally are not nearly as helpful as a real weapon. If you want a weapon that casts spells, go with something like the stillwater blade. Besides, most of the spells on the staff aren't any good anyway, I mean a staff of Disintigrate would be badass, but having a weapon that can cast Dwoemer shield really doesn't cut it for me

4. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

Re: Virgil/Mage

the arcane staff does an insane amount of fatigue damage (27-36 IIRC) with full ma. this is great for knocking out enemies. the other major advantage to the arcane staff is the 80 mana that it. the mage staff's 50 mana is good too if you dont want virgil to tire out from healing you.

5. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

In blackroot, there is a dwarf in the bar, if you talk to him he'll probably attack you, he has a featherweight axe.

You'll also need some tech manuals from the university to make it.

6. hutz

hutz New Member

ahh yes, i have fought him before, i lost, i was only as level 9, but i saved it before and didn't attack him. i shall go kill him now!! thanks!

7. hutz

hutz New Member

alright i went to the U, got the manual on smithy to make the axe...now it won't let me read it :-? (its a blue book apposed to red) which is really dissapointing because i payed 750GP for it...

8. Sir Nimhrgh

Sir Nimhrgh New Member

Manuals cannot be read. You only need to have them in your inventory. They increase your skill in given tech discipline by (INTELIGENCE) * (no. of manuals). Drink potion of inteligence before placing manual in your inventory for best results.

Sir N.

9. hutz

hutz New Member

one more question, i don't need to keep them with me after i have learned the skills do i? because they are 200 stones a pop, quite a heavy load.

10. DwarvenWarrior

DwarvenWarrior New Member

Pyro axe is a god send best weapon in the game other then iron clan hammer. Sote your tech manulals in a chest some where that you wont forget so you can go back and use them.

11. xento

xento New Member

Actually, I prefer the charged sword.

Our Host!