Aaarrggghh!!!

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by PeeCee, Aug 30, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

Hi all.

I just got the game and I love it. Love it I tell you. Anyway, I was starting the editor and figured and play around with it. Before I get a chance to try even the simplest thing, like putting down a person or making a house, or even change the view from ISO to Top down, the freaking thing locks on me.

I am pretty sure that it isn't the editor, since I get message stating that I have a Kernel32.dll error. I figured it have something to do with Direkt-X, so I reinstalled it from the game-CD. No luck.

Does anyone out here know what a Kernel32.dll error is, and how to fix it?. I am at a loss here.

Also, I DL the modmaking 101 and have been reading it. Damn, that looks hard. All these scripting and stuff. This leads me to another question.

If I am to start a completly new MOD. I add the number of sectors and stuff. But do I still need ot open up a bunch of other files before I can add objects to the game world? I mean, Can't I atleast just put down a few objects and then open these scripts and stuff.

I surely hope anyone out there can help me with this.

/PeeCee

2. Calis

Calis Member

Unfortunately, with Windows, this can mean pretty much anything. I would, however, suggest you make sure there are no other programs running in the background, and then try again.

3. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

Hey Mr. Calis.

I do have a few programs running. Mostly those in the tray. I found that my anti-virus program really took a big chunk of my computer, so I let it do a quickscan and then turn it off. The other only program I can think of is Firewall. I'm not sure if that have anything to do with it, since I haven't experienced any problems with speed or errors. I will try at turn it off and see what happens. Thanks for the info.

/PeeCee

4. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

Ok. It's me again.

i have tried everything I can think of to get this problem solved.

1. Re-install Direct-X 8.0a = no change
    2. Re-install Arcanum = no change
    3. Re-install Windows ME = no change
    4. Updating with the latest patch = no change
    5. Turning off every prog. in the tray = no change
    6. yelling at my computer = no change
    7. Scouring the net for any info about Kernel32.dll = no change (Didn't find any info)

Anything else I could try? Is it possible that the disk itself is damaged?

I really would like some answers to this, since I would love to get the MOD building a try. Also Anyone knows how to scroll on the map. The few times I get it to work for more then a few seconds, I try to scroll, but nothing happens. I have the scroll speed to realy fast, but I could have it off for all the good it is doing me.

I sure hope that troika will get a userfriendly MOD manual ready soon. Maybe with some tips on how to get started.

/PeeCee

5. Beelzebub

Beelzebub New Member

6. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

Thanks for the link.

Still haven't found it tho. These errors are for other programs, and they don't have any for world-ed. The error message is different now. Before it reported a page error in kernel, but now it only says that world-ed have caused an error in Kernel32.dll

No other program is bothering me, they all work fine. I am startig to belive that the editor is faulty on my cd. Anyone knows if it is possible to get hold of a new version of the editor? Rather then exchanging the entire game.

Our Host!