Oh no, Virgil is still Virgil Mk.1!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Gresham171, Sep 23, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Gresham171

Gresham171 New Member

Okay, so as I left T'sen-An, Virgil left the group as I knew he would do, but when I went to Caladon to retieve him, he was still normal virgil and not Virgil No.2 (the mage type with necro black and white).
    Anyone know hy this is?
    I have patch 1.074 and everything else seems fine....
    Oh except that Swyft in Qintarra will not leave the party when i get to Tarant and when I first talk to her after she says she wants to got to tarant I only get the option to say I can't take her but when I speak to her again i then say "okay I will take you".
    Anyone know whats going on?
    These bugs didn' occur before patch 1.074. :evil:

2. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

I am patched & get Virgil back as MK 1, but I never had the Swyft bug. Thank god. Are you CH 20?

3. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Same here - 1074 and Virgil joins back the way he was before.

4. Windmills

Windmills New Member

Same exact thing happened to me. I have the 1.0.7.4 patch, and Virgil is still the same Virgil, and Swyft wouldn't leave my party in Tarant.

Yup, yup. Don't know what you can do about this, except take comfort in the fact that it's not just you. Sorry. :sad2:

5. Gavla

Gavla New Member

If whaty I've picked up from various places is correct, his levelling scheme has changed.
    He's the same as he was before, but as he gains more levels, he'll distribute the points according to his Zen philosophy.

6. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

7. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

I just recalled that Swyft left my party w/o problems upon getting to Tarant.

8. PoiuytMan

PoiuytMan New Member

Virgil

I believe this is a change that was made with the 1.0.7.4 patch. People were complaining about Virgil losing levels and equipment when he was resurrected. The patched Arcanum has changed Virgil, so when he comes back he'll have the same stats/equipment as when he left.

The same doesn't apply to Vollinger, however, so take all his stuff off if/when he leaves.

-Poiuyt Man

9. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Re: Virgil

I thought that at least his scheme would be labeled Zen-Virgil from now on. It's good he doesn't loose all the stuff.

10. PoiuytMan

PoiuytMan New Member

Re: Virgil

I don't think the Zen-Virgil scheme is even there anymore after the patch. He still puts points in Melee/Dodge/Heal/Lockpicking and White Necro. However, I did encounter a change when I had Virgil become evil -- he never got the Resurrect spell (where normally he gets it at around level 45).

-Poiuyt Man

11. Anonymous User

Anonymous User New Member

12. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

Did you use something to change his stats, that can effect his skills etc.

13. Gresham171

Gresham171 New Member

Oh well...

This pointless conjecture is all well and good but it still doesn't solve the problem, I have a list as long as my arm of bugs that need to be fixed but for some reason I can't see Troika making another patch now. Nevermind, I suppose i'll just ave to hack Virgl to make him the way I want and just dump Swyft somewhere else. However the bug where Magnus turns into a newspaper when you enter the Iron Clan is gonna be a problem. I will just have to grin and bear it. :lol:

14. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Re: Oh well...

That's a big ROTF LOL. You are either kidding or heavily modded, right?

But, if not, what is the headline?

15. Gwindor

Gwindor New Member

HAHAHA!!! MAgnus turning into a newspaper!!! :eek: :D

Man, I'm so annoyed at that dwarf... I mean, I most of the time has 100 good alignment, but he complains as soon as I like kill someone, or even if THEY attack me for being... *hmmp* a bit rude to them...

16. Snobothehobo

Snobothehobo Member

[TRYING TO HELP]

I waited for the brigands in the cellar to kill Virgil, because I waited for a long time, and his corpse was on the ground, I ressurected him, and he had up to Sanctuary in white but no black yet. Maybe he doesn't get black till later?

17. Drugar

Drugar New Member

I did the Virgil thing yesterday, and aside from being a 100% tech, and not being able to use the scroll, and having to run to the store to buy a Riviver, which wasn't there, waiting a day, buying it, going back, seeing the bodies has dissapeared, having to reload to before Tseng-Ang )me and my memory), I had no problems at all.

He was level 25, (10 levels lower than before) had his 2 Necro Black spells, some more strength, though his name wasn't Zen-Virgil as I expected. Oh well, no matter. He's casting the occasional Harm now, so I've basicly beaten the game :D

18. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

are you patched? in my patched version, he did not change any stats, levels, or equipment, but when you look at his auto-leveling scheme, i believe it says zen virgil.

19. Nucas

Nucas New Member

same thing happened to me. his leveling scheme was still labled virgil, though browsing them revealed there were two virgil schemes, both named - shocker - "Virgil". i found no Zen Virgil scheme.

20. Eternal Dreamer

Eternal Dreamer New Member

I've had the same problem with Virgil, but I think that this is because I'm playing the CB mod of Arcanum. I believe that Chris Beddoes altered Virgil to some degree. Oh well.

Our Host!