Savegame editor difficulties

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Eternal Dreamer, Nov 10, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Eternal Dreamer

Eternal Dreamer New Member

I've recently downloaded the savegame editor from this site, but after installing it, I was still unable to use the program. The error message that I received stated that my system failed to load the 'rich text bot' from richtx32.ocx. I download the newest version of the said file, but I still got the same error message. I wonder if Chris Beddoes' mod might have interfered with the operation of my copy of the Arcanum savegame editor.

I usualy don't use savegame editors, but I've heard that Chris beefed up the end-game boss substantialy. I want to raise my minimum group number from five to eight which would allow me to recruit two of the characters from the end-game area. Thanks in advance. Have a good day.

2. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Are you using Windows XP? There are problems with editor and windows XP - it runs on some machines but does not on others.

As for that file have you registered it? The procedure is described in a readme for the editor.

3. Eternal Dreamer

Eternal Dreamer New Member

About my operating system, I have Windows 98 Second Edition, which is hopefully far more stable tnan XP.

I will register the file. Thank you for pointing that out. I haven't even read the readme file for the editor yet. :oops:

4. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

You do that for it's not your OS for sure since you have 98.

Our Host!