My Arcanum 2 Wish List

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Maniac, Aug 2, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Snobothehobo

Snobothehobo Member

Too much like other RPG's, like EverQuest..

2. Childe Random

Childe Random New Member

I wouldn't know, since I try not associate myself with crap like everquest. The only really new RPG with dual wield is NWN, and it's still a toss up as to whether it will become a good game or not.

Also, that's like saying you shouldn't have swords because that would be too much like other RPGs. For crying out loud, it's fun, why not have the choice to do it?

3. Susano

Susano New Member

I agree with everythings aid EXCEPT the point about fewer main quests.. I mean hey, the main quests give complexity and most of all, a good storyline to the game!

4. xento

xento New Member

That's right! There should be even more! It makes it fun! As well as more enguageing side quests.

5. Drugar

Drugar New Member

1: make shops less picky
    An armour/weapon shop will buy weapons. Very few shops in Arcanum normally buy all yer goods of a certain kind.

2: Make Magick shops more specialized
    Magick Weapon Shop: you can buy normal weapons, a few magick ones, and a bunch of spells and potions.
    Magick Scroll Shop: You can buy magick weapons, scrolls and potions.
    Basicly, there is little difference, aside from the fact that Magick weapon shops also sell normal weapons.

3: When entering a magic/tech shop, while being of the opposite alignment and being kicked out, fine. However, let your follower of the correct allignment do the shopping there then.
    It's real hard to get you Tech allies the parts they need when you're a mage yourself.

4: Better use of spells by allies
    Jormund/Raven/anyone else should NOT transform into an elemental for a bloody RAT, thereby dropping their items, and using 90% of their mana. They SHOULD jolt/lightning/fireball them.

5: Better use of spells by enemies
    I want to see some Baldur's Gate like magic battles, where you have to work your ass off to get that mage dead! He can turn people into sheep, make himself invunrable and stop time. DO IT! Give the Meta school a USE!

6: Make Guns stronger
    A bullet piercing your eye does NOT do 2 hitpoints worth of damage...

7: Let followers learn schematics
    I don't have Smith and Mechanics. My ally does. I find the Automaton, which I can't create, but my ally can. THEN TEACH HIM HOW!
    Also, the manual states "Do not buy schematics because they sound cool, be sure you can actually use them!" But you can't see what they are/do in the shop screen, so it's basicly a gamble. It HAS to sound cool for one to buy it.

8: Include penguins damnit!
    Speaks for itself

Wow....nice list all in all...

6. Eternal Dreamer

Eternal Dreamer New Member

I agree with everything Maniac said except...
    While I certainly want to see more balance in Arcanum 2, I do not want to see magick weakened. Personaly, I enjoy playing mages, however, I do think that the combat system needs to be addressed in order so that guns and tech weapons can be as effective as magick.

7. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

The game definately has balance issues in its combat system. Tech needs to be bumped up so that a gunsmithy isn't so ineffective compared to magic.

I dunno. That's one aspect of the game I liked (it annoyed me, but I liked it). I liked how you'd have to sell your items at certain shops, it added a bit to realism and made sense.

Almost right. Just make that a:
    4: Better use of spells by everyone
    I've had level 50 mages in Tulla attack me with their fists! I mean, WTH?

Yes, Arcanum definately needs some penguins and maybe a Wombaroo.

Our Host!