TDZK money hand out

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sheriff Fatman, Nov 6, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Any members of TA:HoLers wanting to go on a blowout before the reset, post here or PM me here. We have quite a lot of cash in the Alliance account gathering dust.

2. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

I really really really really really want to go on a rampage. Problem is that i em only level 9.

3. Sheriff Fatman

I'll send you some cash, but leave most of it in your bank until you're 20 (or as high as you can get before the reset) or it'll be no good to you, really.

4. Milo

Milo New Member

Sure, why not? I'm about 800k away from lvl 20. I must have 1000 turns by now, because I haven't used any of them in a long time. It would be fun to split 10 billion or however much we have in the account and going out like MEN.

What should we do? Build some big ass carriers and go pick on people? With that much cash split between the few still interested, we should be able to build some monster ass vessels. Have they brought back the merchant ships? I'd love to kill those. Or some of the Patrol ships. Or we could band together and destroy the inactive members of TA:HoL. Or DarkUnderlord, just because that would be funny.

When is the reset planned, anyway?

5. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Most of the ships floating around by the big alliances are worth 50-150 Billion. But you can buy a decent ship for 1-2 Billion.

Nope. No NPC's. As far as I know, they won't be back until version 2.0 after the reset in November some time.

You can't attack members of your own alliance. You also can't attack members of alliances that you have a full alliance treaty with. You can cancel it though ;) I think a bit of combat action for us all might be a good thing. :)

Some time in November. No idea when. They're having a beta test first and if that goes smoothly, they reset. I'd say it won't be until December at least.

6. Sheriff Fatman

I don't know when the reset is. Soon I think. I'll transfer you a coupla dillion right now.

7. Milo

Milo New Member

Aight, yo. This should be fun.

Any tips on ship building, DU? So far, my experience has been all engine and cargo hold upgrades. I've never even been in combat.

8. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Sure! I've been in combat lots!

You were attacked by the Marauder (owned by Scourge) in Sector 15153!

09/23/02 22:48:20 EDT
    You were destroyed by Scourge in the ship, Marauder, in Sector 15153!

You were attacked by the IGF Hound (owned by Robert Dog) in Sector 15286!

You were destroyed by Robert Dog in the ship, IGF Hound, in Sector 15286!

10/27/02 21:30:54 EST
    DarkUnderlord(15732) in the ship Cheap Rusty Bucket destroyed † €xcaliber †, owned by Blayze(611), in sector 22278!

10/27/02 21:30:54 EST
    DarkUnderlord(15732) in the ship Cheap Rusty Bucket destroyed FireBird, owned by Phenix(18981), in sector 22278!

10/27/02 23:40:28 EST
    Byrn Ashten(10099) in the ship GTG - Get Thee Gone destroyed Cheap Rusty Bucket, owned by DarkUnderlord(15732), in sector 9339!

11/03/02 16:47:42 EST
    You were destroyed by Mr. Bones in the ship, VoE Peaceful Trader, in Sector 13091!

11/03/02 16:47:42 EST
    You were attacked by the VoE Peaceful Trader (owned by Mr. Bones) in Sector 13091!

11/03/02 16:47:37 EST
    You were attacked by the VoE Peaceful Trader (owned by Mr. Bones) in Sector 13091!

11/03/02 16:47:32 EST

11/03/02 16:47:26 EST

11/03/02 16:47:21 EST

11/03/02 16:47:12 EST

11/03/02 16:47:05 EST

I think you get the idea... Those last attacks were me surviving in a very high manouver ship. Now, as far as designs go... It all depends on how much money you have to spend and what race you are.

Standard designs though are:
    - Anything with drones.
    - Destroyers with drones.
    - Carriers with lots of drones.
    - Battleships with drones.

Carrier - Level 160 Derivian Carrier
    -----
    8 x Secondary Hardpoint
    4 x Main Engine
    4 x Drone Hangars
    -----
    Subspace Jump Drive
    Cloaking Device
    Proximity Warheads
    Scanners (Racial)
    -----
    2 x 120mm Sabot Cannon
    10 x Rocket Bomb (20)

Carrier
    -----
    Level 160 Derivian Carrier

Rating: 176/24

Speed : 10 Manoeuvrability : 6
    CDrones : 140 Shields : 500
    Armour : 500 Power : 300
    AI : 2

Self Rates
    Power Recharge Rate :100
    Shield Recharge Rate :100
    Armour Repair Rate :0

Damage per attack round (Min/Max)
    Drones: 161/192
    Shields: 2570/3580
    Armour: 1310/3580
    EMP: 0

*Weapons will use 40 power each combat turn
    *You can fire a total of 7 salvos

COST: $ 1,065,314,276

A few points I've read about combat:
    1) Combat ships need cloaks, otherwise, they don't get to attack first, which usally means they die.
    2) Cloaks need a negative alignment to buy (-200) and other upgrades are only sold at positive alignment (+200) stations. So there might be a whole lot of turns spent inbetween dropping your alignment to get the necessary equipment.
    3) You might need 50 scouts so you can detect other cloaked ships.
    4) I really know dick-squat about how to design a useful combat ship, but that one above looks good I reckon.
    5) I've raided some ports! Want to raid a port? I'm good at that.

9. slagger21

slagger21 New Member

10. Sheriff Fatman

Are you in TA:HoLers, Slagger? Even if you're not, we could give you some money, but I'm not sure of your I'd. There is one name in the alliance that I don't recognise (Minas). Is that you?

11. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Could anyone one of you hunt down the mad pidgeon of doom and kill him. He has podded me twice now.

12. Notharah

Notharah New Member

please give level and status along with that.
    'cause I won't wast my time hunting level 35+ people... anything under that is cool unless it's either Kaos, Phoenix .. , Id/Ig or just too damn strong for me to handle

13. slagger21

slagger21 New Member

hehe i aint in the alliance , my pilot's name is Leang . wouldnt mind a few bil ! :lol:

14. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Slagger's in the Aozos alliance. If you need money Slagger, just message me ingame, and I'll deal you out some cash, as I still deal with the finances, even though I handed control over to Maniac.

Speaking of which, I'm going to be back in change after the reset, as I'll actually be here when that happens now.

15. DwarvenWarrior

DwarvenWarrior New Member

16. Milo

Milo New Member

Ok, I blew a few hundred turns and worked on experience. I'm now level 22. This is probably good enough, I think.

Now, what to do with our dollars? As I see it, there are two people in the alliance still, me and Sheriff. I have a couple dillion¹ in my personal account now. As an alliance, we hold 16,230,511,858. Between the two of us - and I feel safe in assuming that it is just us two now - that's more than enough to try out different kinds of ships. I'd like to try hunting and port raiding. Taking out merchants is a no go because they've all disappeared.

I'm mainly bumping this thread to touch base with the people who are still playing. See if maybe we can coordinate something. Me and Sheriff in a couple of multi-dillion¹ dollar carriers could assist in raiding a higher level port maybe. Or we can design some destroyers and go out pack hunting. Let me know what you think. I'm logging off of TDZK for awhile. Resourcing and trading food for hundreds of turns is mind numbingly boring.

¹ "Dillion" © CharlesBHoff, 2001-

17. Milo

Milo New Member

Make that level 21. I just got podded. Fuck that shit, I'm out for blood now.

18. Luchaire

Luchaire New Member

That's funnier 'n shit. Thanks, Milo :lol:

19. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

send me a few dillion, i might be having a couple of days off soon and i want to get back into things for the reset

20. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Here's a cheap, solo level 2 port raiding ship:

Panther II - Level 190 Derivian Battleship
    -----
    4 x Primary Hardpoint
    2 x Main Engine
    3 x Drone Hangars
    20 x Armour Upgrade
    -----
    Proximity Warheads
    Subspace Jump Drive
    Internal Repair Module
    Scanners (Racial)
    -----
    8 x Triad Plasma Projectile Weaver
    6 x Cluster Bomb (20)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Panther II
    -----
    Level 190 Derivian Battleship

Rating: 213/43

Speed : 8 Manoeuvrability : 4
    CDrones : 0 Shields : 500
    Armour : 3500 Power : 300
    AI : 10

Scout Drones : 10
    Repair Drones : 20

Self Rates
    Power Recharge Rate :125
    Shield Recharge Rate :125
    Armour Repair Rate :125

Damage per attack round (Min/Max)
    Drones: 98/174
    Shields: 1800/2900
    Armour: 1130/2500
    EMP: 0

*Weapons will use 178 power each combat turn
    *You can fire a total of 1 salvos
    *Your ship can regenerate 63 shields per combat turn
    cost = 2,731,544,253 credits

12094 - Battleship
    12094 - Subspace Jump Drive
    12329 - 4x Additional PHP
    12329 - 3x Drone hangars + 10 SDs, 20 RDs
    12329 - 8x TPPW
    12060 - 2x Main Engine Upgrade
    12060 - 6x Cluster Bomb
    12060 - Proximity Warheads
    12094 - 20x Armour upgrade
    15286 - IRM

Turns to get ship: 78

To successfully port raid, click raid, and then repair afterwards. Click raid, and then repair. Keep repeating until it says the port is successfully raided and it gives you the option to dock. Do this to get the money and it also means that you're safe in the port for about 15-30 minutes as noone can raid the port straight after you.

Be aware of several things though:

1. This is a port busting ship. You cannot attack anyone and WILL NOT survive an attack, as the weapons are siege weapons and not ship to ship.
    2. Whilst raiding, you are vulnerable to people sneaking up on you and attacking you whislt you're busy. This sucks, as you have no defence and often don't even know you've been attacked until you find yourself in a pod.

It takes about 8-10 turns to raid a level 1 port in this ship, and this means that you should go hunting with someone to watch your back, in a hunting ship. Either that or go hunting in a group to get that port much quicker. Hunters watch out for reports on port attacks and go in to attack the port raiders. You will need support if you don't want to die.

I thus suggest that one of you go raider, and one of you go hunter-support. The hunter-support should deploy so that they don't get involved in the port raid (you will die if you do).

In order to group raid, just one person needs to click raid. If you have MSN or similar, then get online and talk to each other. Maniac and I did this and it works very well. You just have to say that you're attacking, and then when that's done, tell the other people to repair, as you do so yourself. When the other people tell you they are repaired, you can click on raid again... and so on.

Hope this helps.

Our Host!