question on a saved game

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Mooddawg, Nov 2, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Mooddawg

Mooddawg New Member

ok i have a question that i realize may not be possible. about a month ago i lost my hardrive and my video card went as well. after getting a new and much better better video card i was able to reload windows, but i lost everything. usually when i have stopped playing a game for one reason or another, i take the save game folder out of the directory and then uninstall the game to save room on my pesky little 10 gig HD. i did this with arcanum when i had a game in progress wherei was in caladon and about to go into the vendigoth wastes. forgive me if i mispell things, its been a while since i have played this game. i had to stop the game at this point because it was so bogged down and would almost no even run. like it would take my party forever to get over the bridge from the farms in the south into the actually city. so i gave up on it until i could do some things with my computer. well when i lost my hd, the game was lost as well. would anyone be so kind as to upload their save game such that i could test my system now to see if it would work? i know i am asking a lot, but as much as i love the game, i dont have the paitence to deal with going through that many hours again and having to stop. i would not be interested in playing the rest of your game to the end, as i would want to play the whole thing again to remember to whole thing. i just want to see if my computer can handle the last part now. i realize this may not be possible but if someone would be willing to help me out i would be in their debt forever.

2. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

A friend & I have a number of saved games & a fast conection. I think somewhere I have a mage with 16 CPs saved up. What do you want? Techie, mage, ballanced? Any race preferences? And where in the plotline? What do you want to test against? We may have one or two just before Vendigroth, the biggest slowdown I know of.

It would be eaisist to mail you the saves rather than post them.

3. Mooddawg

Mooddawg New Member

i dont really care about techie vs mage, although my save was with a techie. i know i was in caladon about to head off to vendigroth and it was really slow. like you said that was the biggest slow down. i have no intention of playing the rest of the save game, so none of the specifics, like where in the story, number of cp's or anything like that really matter unless you think they would affect slowdown. i cant see how they would. i really just want to test my computer with some tweaks that i did and my new video card. i am playing Baldurs gate 2 now for like the 5th time to tide me over until i get my new computer--hopefully in january--but i really want to know if i could finish arcanum on this machine. i am dying to finish it. my email address is devilsklm@yahoo.com. if you had time and maybe could send me a few to try if you think one with different specifics may work better that would be a help. i would appreciate any help you can give me on this one. i was hoping that someone would have a DSL connection, i do but uploading a save would take a while too. thanks for any help

4. Gwindor

Gwindor New Member

hmmm, I think it is not that hard to get trough the game once you have almsot finished it before... I made a barbarian yesterday, and he is already in ashbury... level 14

5. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

There is one on the way. Sent for location in the plotline, she is in Tulia, just before finding Vendigroth. I hope you have a fast conection, its a BIG file. I typed the proceding while it got sent over a DSL. I am not a fast typist. Have fun.

6. Mooddawg

Mooddawg New Member

7. Mooddawg

Mooddawg New Member

i appreciate the help but for some reason i have not received any email. was there a problem in the uploading? please let me know

8. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

I don't think so, but I will try again. Is the size of your mailbox limited?

Dispatched again.

9. Mooddawg

Mooddawg New Member

unfortunetly yes my mailbox is limited to 6 meg. it is ony a freebie mailbox from yahoo. is the file zipped by any chance? if not can it be?

10. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

It wasn't zipped, I don't know if we can get it down to 6 meg, & I am not at that machine right now. Will ask the friend by E-mail. If all else fails, there is a CD burner on that box & snail mail.

I live in the USA, upper left coast. You?

11. Mooddawg

Mooddawg New Member

I actually live in the good ol usa too. In NC. you would go to all that trouble for me? you really are nice. let me know what happens. in fact why dont you email me after you try and zip it, even if you cant get it under 6 mg. no need to use this forum for a 2 person conversation. ill hope to hear from you in my inbox.

12. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

13. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

The check, oops game, is in the mail. Sent it last night. Got it under 1 meg & no bounce notice. Did you get it? Did it work after the zip / unzip process?

Our Host!