What's wrong with this picture?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darkwalker, Oct 16, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Hitler also said that he was going to do anything to stay the number one state.
    Who?

2. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Sorry to reply to this quote twice, but I would also like to point out that the USA has failed to honour agreements itself. Before condemning others, I think you should consider the Kyoto agreement, which Bush pulled the USA out of after previously agreeing to it.

That agreement is also relevant for another reason. It relates to countires taking responsibility for the effect of their industry on the environment. Effectively, the USA has now said they are refusing to take that responsibility, and instead will put self-interest ahead of global concerns.

In a way, that's exactly what North Korea have done with developing their weapons. They pulled out of an agreement to serve themselves better. Don't get me wrong - I think North Korea are wrong to do so. It's just that I also think the USA needs to act more altruistically, instead of acting out of self-interest and trying to present it as altruistic.

3. Settler

Settler Member

:eek: You're not making this any less painful... but you are taking the absolute crap out of HK's post :) :wink: . Sorry, HK.

DU: Thank you.

4. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

That's fucking mean, DU. Why did you go and post a picture of Hel Khat's family, mocking him? That's below the belt. I don't understand the hostility towards Hel Khat. Yes, he's a spammer. Yes, he's annoying. But I seem to remember a little quote that was started around when I first joined. "Don't feed the animals."

5. Sheriff Fatman

Yes, it is a bit worrying to see everyone ganging up on someone, whoever it might be.

I'm being a hypocrite by not making more of an effort to co-exist peacefully. I'll lay off him and try to be tolerant of his differences.

6. tzehoong

tzehoong New Member

Whoa. That's him? I was wondering why DU put it up.

I think it's extreme (DU's post), but DU's gaffe definitely willnot make me feel better towards that spammer right now. His skin's too thick (no, this is not racial).

On retard's advice I looked up the "Don't Feed the Animals" thread. Few weeks before I first joined. But good advice nonetheless. But I feel there is only one spammer around now, and so let's not feed the animal.

darkwalker sorry for helping take the topic off-track. I know it can be irritating.

7. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

Everybody's made good points, here is a metaphor to help you see what I think you're missing. Two different men, two different cars, one gets nailed for breaking the speed limit and the other mows down a couple of school children while intoxicated. The latter has a previous DWI charge and his license was only reinstated because he completed all recovery and driver safety programs in addition to paying severe fines and doing jail time. Now one could argue that both are guilty of breaking the law, but where do you draw the line with that arguement? When does common sense kick in? I'm not trying to dismiss the faults of the U.S., but to compare them with what North Korea did is ludicrous.

BTW I think Curious George is a fuckhead for breaking the Kyoto agreement, I love nature and our planet, and for the U.S. to set that kind of example is an atrocity.

8. Sheriff Fatman

I'm a bit confused. Is it:

1) In your metaphor, they broke different laws. Was that the point? Are you saying North Korea, by not honouring their agreement with Japan and the USA, have transgressed worse than the USA did when it pulled out of the Kyoto Protocol?

OR

2) In your metaphor one guy has a worse track record than the other. Are you saying North Korea have a worse track record than the USA?

If it's (1), I don't know whether I agree or not. Both agreements should have been honoured.

If it's (2), then I can see where you are coming from. North Korea have a bad diplomatic relationship with just about everyone and are, after all, a totaletarian state, which I'd class as inherently dysfunctional. Then again, on the issue of nuclear weapons, the USA does not have a spotless history.

9. Hel Khat

Hel Khat New Member

Like I expected any of you to agree with me. Like I care.... I'll be very happy to laugh when we bomb the fuck out of both Iraq and N. Korea. I will be happy to laugh at you who said we should not have and I will be happy to have a party with the rest of the hawks who said we should have done it long ago. I am an offical Hawk, Bomb them all and let their streets run red. maybe next time their leaders will understand the meaning of the word "Peace Treaty" or if not they will elect ones who do and if not then fine bomb them again until they do....

Don't like it Screw you :cool:_

Debating about how to deal with war mongers and liars is pointless either way. :nod:

10. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

11. Sheriff Fatman

If we start talking about violent sports fans, then our track record couldn't really be much worse.

As for Hel Khat's opinion, I seriously doubt it represents the majority of Americans. Judging from his activity on this board compared to those of just about every other American here, I'd guess he represents one of the the less rational extremes of view.

Americans are human like the rest of us. I reckon that means mainstream Americans will just want to get on with their lives as peacefully as possible.

12. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

Then you would be seriously right, Sheriff. That was just a little bit of sarcasm on my part.

13. xento

xento New Member

Hel Khat, they well have the resources to wipe all of the USA off the map. They have chemical and biological weapons at their disposal, and they will soon have nuclear weapons, if they dont already. They could kill all of us Americans if they wanted to. I am safe, living in the small area of South Dakota, on a reservation (the "white boy") and won't be hit directly. However, if they decide to bomb Seattle, Washington, or some other Northwestern city, I am toast, no joke. The wind will carry the radiation over to this area, unless the mountains shield it all, which they wont.

Actually, Fatman, I almost WANT them to do it. I am actually not afraid to die, at least not right now, and would consider it something exciting in this small, boring town. I know it probably isn't very smart, but it will happen sooner or later. Why not sooner?

14. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

nbrosz, you're an idiot on so many levels I don't even know where to start, isn't there something on the WB that could occupy your time better than HoL? Maybe Power Rangers re-runs or something? Wait, I got it, try huffing rubber cement or a rag saturated with bug killer, that would provide you with hours of cheap entertainment.

15. xento

xento New Member

Thanks. :D
    What I'm trying to say is that if Iraq doesn't bomb us all to death, someone else will later, and then someone will bomb them to death, until there isn't but sinders left.

16. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Because of the war in the gulf about 200000 people died. That was what happened after a war that was just about freeing kuwait. Now the war will be an invasion into irak itself and it is unlikely that it will be any less loses. Is that what you want? And ohhh you will be happy to laugh? Yes cause the regime that comes after saddam will be just as friendly as the one that is now. There is no northalliance in irak now, the only oposition is some kurds and a lot of angry people that hates the US as much as it hates Saddam. How will it help placing them into power?

17. tzehoong

tzehoong New Member

The aim of a Peace Treaty (which is two words) is not to coerce another country into submission. I find your attitude distrubing. If there were more people who thought like you (I want war, I don't care if anyone thinks otherwise) the world would be very much worse off.

Who are the war-mongers and liars? The US said they wanted to impose arms inspections on Iraq, but even when they complied they still want to go ahead with the war. Didn't your country pull their soldier out of 'Nam when they promised to give the S.Koreans help?

Yes, maybe debating how to deal with war-mongers and liars is pointless. Thats because they don't want to back off. Even with my limited knowledge of war, I know that war is pointless.

You want war because you want violence. You want war to show how great the US is. That's it, plain and simple. You're not out to debate on what the US should do now for the sake of the world, you're not out to see if a war could be averted. It's people like you, who think there are safe sitting in their four-by-fours of concrete a thousand miles away from the crisis that could start a war, and cry "Kill them! Kill them!". I only wish you could see for yourself how bad war really is.

You'll be celebrating when the world goes to war? What kind of education does America give its youth anyway? It would at least be better if you had said "I'll enlist in the army" or something to that effect, but to say "I'll be partying" - that's plain despicable.

nbrosz, you have achieved new heights of ignorance, selfishness and childishness with your post. Congratulations. Why don't you stick some C4 in your mouth now? It's gonna happen sooner or later, isn't it?

18. xento

xento New Member

Alright, then. Sorry about my post, and next time, I will think before I type. :oops:

19. Settler

Settler Member

20. xento

xento New Member

Actually, I would if I could, but I am under-age.

Our Host!