Best Fight In The Game

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by ThreeDogs, Feb 18, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. ThreeDogs

ThreeDogs New Member

What fights gave you the hardest time?
    My vote is for stringy pete

2. Raziell777

Raziell777 New Member

3. pdsullivan

pdsullivan New Member

Add on to that his stupid group of high level skeleton friends, yeah that can be tough. Kerghan was kinda tuff but I managed to chew through him well enough. Depends on when you do it but charging Pollocks gang head on can knock you unconscious pretty quick-same with that big last group of barbarians at Kree. Liams workshop can be tough-sticking around and clearing out everything that portal sends out without a lot of followers. Those are the toughest fights I remember. Could that portal at Liam's workshop have been an early attempt at building an escape from the void? It sure managed to send out a lot of those creatures you find there...

4. LostSoul

LostSoul New Member

The Paladin at the Bengallian Deeps wth his paladin slaves can be pretty tough too. And the Ore Golems and Seething Masses are pretty tough for low level characters.

For some reason I had troubles with the beast guardign the chick for the Master Melee quest, they knocked me out at their first strike and my followers (Dog (yay!) & Z'an) had to finish them off for me.

5. Nomad

Nomad New Member

The 50 billion Dark Knight thingies North-West of Kergahn's Castle.

6. Taear

Taear New Member

Definitely...

Definitely the Fallen Paladin in the Deeps. Neither my Mage or Technologist has been able to fell him. First time, i threw an Air elemental from a scroll at him, and while he was fighting it, i melted the sword and used an exit scroll.
    My Technologist crept past with Whysper's gem.
    Aside from him, i think Pollock's gang was hardest, as for some strange reason, Jormund kept insisting that Pollock was my friend, and attacking me. Increadibly irritating.

7. Icairus

Icairus New Member

I thought the paladin was easy

The paladin was one of the easiest ones, you kill him from a distance, and none of his buddies notice you. I used disintegrate on him and the others in there just kept walking around

8. Gwindor

Gwindor New Member

For me the harde4st fight was the two half-ogre's with their leader outside pollocks gang... The other one, outside the boil bar was easy, but those were TOUGH for me... Had to reload like 20 times... :-?

9. PoiuytMan

PoiuytMan New Member

I bring plenty of Speed Potions everywhere I go; they give you a massive advantage in a tough battle and work for both magickal & technological characters. They work wonders when fighting against Paladin/Pollock's Gang/Stringy Pete/whatever (Resurrect Scrolls/Restore Life Potions also help).

-Poiuyt Man

10. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

The hardest fight for me was that wet paper bag! Man, my knuckles are still bloody and bruised! I'm so tired.

Stop grave diggin' chumps.

11. Hel Khat

Hel Khat New Member

My hardest fight was in the hauted castle! At the bottom when you get to the Ghast or whatever in the last cell! He raises skeltons all the time while coming after you. Man that thing was killing my followers and chasing my happy ass all through the lower depths. I still don't remember how I bet him, pure luck I think getting him stuck or something. He was a pretty tough monster to face early in the game.

Stringy Pete was a close second but I was more advanced when I fought him.

12. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

The 6 giant ghosts outside kerghans lair, I normally just run past as they have high pe so backstab is less effective.

Our Host!