Best mage follower?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by zxcvbnmnbvcxz123, Oct 9, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. zxcvbnmnbvcxz123

zxcvbnmnbvcxz123 New Member

Well I need a good mage follower but I heard raven was just good with a bow and used some water spells which didn't sound appealing to me...

What about Zan? Do you have to be evil to get her?

Or the dwarf mage? I actually want to get him... it's pretty cool...

And also, how do you get mastery in a spell school? I think it just makes the fatigue go down by 50% but does it affect upkeep fatigue? Like if a summoned guy was 2 fatugue per second would it go down to 1?

2. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Raven is a magical healer also. Give her The Helm of Yacazar's Cost, Guantlets of DX, Enchanted War Boots, & LOTS of arrows. She is handy except for her habit of turning into jello.

Zan at least turns into stone. You need to be evil. Handy in a fight, but not a healer.

Jormund would rather fight than use his magic, an impresive aray of spells.

Stick with the lizzard & get Raven.

3. Hel Khat

Hel Khat New Member

Personally my favorite was Perriman Smythe! He is a healer and he rocks in magic. Unfortunately you don't get him until late in the game cause he was off adventuring while YOU were off adventuring :(

4. Settler

Settler Member

What skills does Z'an have? I've never been evil or magic.

(Sure it's late, but that section is harder and takes a LOT longer, so it's worth it. I dropped him for Senor Payne :) ).

5. Susano

Susano New Member

get level 5 persuation (I think it was this, or was it ch 20?) then it doesnt matter if youre evil or not :D

However Z'an is not realyl helpful. I must say best mage follower... virgil? *ducks*
    No really, Id say Raven.

6. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

I don't remember except for Earth. I don't have her on any game on this machine. In 2 days I can look her up.

RPG Planet says Fire, Air, Summoning & Mental, but that is not right.

7. PoiuytMan

PoiuytMan New Member

I wouldn't suggest getting Jormund. He has the dwarven penalty that makes him spend 2x fatigue for spells. He isn't great for much else.

-Poiuyt Man

8. Gavla

Gavla New Member

I think that's a little unfair. I mean, the absolute freedom of character development means that you can be anything. You can be a kickarse hobbit warrior, you can take an ogre into a career in politics, you can be a genius elven inventor, why make it so much hell for a Dwarf to cast a spell?
    Heh Heh, that rhymes.

I liked Geoffrey Tarrelond Ashe. He often brings a nice zombie into the fray, and I think I even saw him 'harm' an enemy on occasion, and gives us nice shields. And he's worth it just for the miserable commentary on everything. Never go anywhere without asking him what he thinks about it.

9. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

At level 32, Z'an has IN 20, CN & WP 18, MA 85%, Earth & Temporial maxed & Force to BoL. Why havn't I ever given her a Stillwater Blade?

10. Zubbus

Zubbus New Member

Zan's 1st in my book cos she's a babe.

Jormund is a reasonable man. If you gave him a couple of arachnids and platemails, he'd rather cast spells at monsters every turn than crawl into melee.

11. Sauron

Sauron New Member

I have played the games soooomny times with sooooo many quests and evil dudes but i nver reached zan. can some one tell me where to find here.

ps: when you get hr do you and her :roll:

12. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

In Tsen-Ang. north of your entry point, on your left wearing a blue robe. She is evil, but unsure of the Dark Elf philosophy.

13. Sauron

Sauron New Member

can you give me the lat and long... i printed the sheet from the site but lost it :cry: . and can you get her early in the game or is it late. and when you get her do you and her do " it "?

14. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

I have never tried to force T'sen-Ang. It comes after Roseborgoh in the plotline. I forget what level Z'an comes in at, but I think 25th. If you do force T'sen-Ang to get her, don't try to find Min Gorad.

I got Tollo Underhill once when I was 24th & he was 30! So the rule of NPCs not joining anyone who is more than 1 point below them is not invariant. But then he is a quest object, he has also just flat left other rescuers.

T'sen-Ang; 1505, 297.

I haven't made it with her yet.

Tell me if you can force T'sen-Ang & get her early.

Our Host!