Bread so moldy that it... got up and... um... ate your cat.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deadly Bread, Oct 10, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Deadly Bread

Deadly Bread New Member

Yes, I am alive. You all thought i was dead, but i was only comatose(not really, i was just, you know, gone).

Any case, too many new topics to read, thus I make a pointless, ranting thread for the sake of a title that entertains me. But more to the point(or the absence of a point), there seem to be far fewer posts worth reading, and it should be brought to attention that it's all about the title, and you should all make sure you have good subjects if your threads are good, and bad subjects if you don't expect much from the thread, and mediocre subjects if you like tigers.

Who am I kidding, I just want to be welcomed back.

2. Hel Khat

Hel Khat New Member

Welcome Back :wavey: I don't remember you but you are correct it's always nice to feel welcomed :D

3. Deadly Bread

Deadly Bread New Member

I'm pretty sure that I left before you joined.

Might explain your lack of remembering me.
    What am I doing conscious? I'm going to sleep.

4. xento

xento New Member

Hello! Are you going to stick around for awhile?

5. Milo

Milo New Member

Yo DB, good to see you back.

Don't bring up the spam, it's a sore subject. The forums have been wounded deeply; Scarred by the whole mess. We're doing our best to recover and help each other through these trying times with warmth and good humor. We're exploring new paradigms and becoming more proactive in seeking more effective solutions for the new era.

More importantly, on our assumptions, the appearance of parasitic gaps in domains relatively inaccessible to ordinary extraction is to be regarded as a corpus of utterance tokens upon which conformity has been defined by the paired utterance test. Suppose, for instance, that the notion of level of grammaticalness is not subject to a descriptive fact. However, this assumption is not correct, since this analysis of a formative as a pair of sets of features is not quite equivalent to a stipulation to place the constructions into these various categories.

So far, relational information does not readily tolerate the extended c-command discussed in connection with (34). By combining adjunctions and certain deformations, any associated supporting element may remedy and, at the same time, eliminate an abstract underlying order. Analogously, the descriptive power of the base component suffices to account for a general convention regarding the forms of the grammar.

A consequence of the approach just outlined is that this selectionally introduced contextual feature suffices to account for the ultimate standard that determines the accuracy of any proposed grammar. We will bring evidence in favor of the following thesis: a descriptively adequate grammar appears to correlate rather closely with the requirement that branching is not tolerated within the dominance scope of a complex symbol. Of course, the appearance of parasitic gaps in domains relatively inaccessible to ordinary extraction may remedy and, at the same time, eliminate an abstract underlying order.

Thank you, and sweet dreams.

6. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Whoa. What the phudge was all that? Ya lost me between "good to see you back" and "sweet dreams."

Oh, and Deadly Breed good to have you back, man. Eat drink and be merry. Kill a goat, and hump it anally.

7. xento

xento New Member

Err... Don't you mean Deadly Bread? But as I said: welcome back!

8. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

That was a mis-stroke. On his part. You see, he really is Deadly Breed, but he accidentally pushed the A instead.

9. xento

xento New Member

Ah! I see. Well, can't he ask Calis/Jinxed to change it? I think they can...

10. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

:p I'm just jerkin' yer chain, nbrosz. He really is Deadly Bread, we just got to calling him Deadly Breed.

11. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Welcome back, DB. I too remember the whole "How you got your name saga." It's a good 'un.

Weren't you about to embark on a DM with Vyaas last time you were here? Or maybe you just had.

I see Milo finally flipped. Well, we all knew it was on the cards.

12. Ferret

Ferret New Member

I resent the cat-eating bit, but welcome back DB. :wavey:

BTW, having you been popping in every now and then, because I'm sure I've seen your name pop up occaisionally. :ponder:

13. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

14. Deadly Bread

Deadly Bread New Member

Nice work on confusing nbrosz with my name, i must say. Yes, nbrosz, my name is Deadly Bread, and it was never a mis-stroke on my part, just poor eyesight and much comedy.

I disappeared shortly after said debate, after winning by my awesomeness.

I may have popped in a couple times, but not in a while.

And, everyone, thanks for the welcomeness, makes me all warm and fuzzly inside.

15. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

WHAT!? MY CAT'S BEEN EATEN BY MOULDY BREAD!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Hey DB! Nce to see you. Your signature now has a black background too, so it looks all right against non-black backgrounds as opposed to not looking all right which is what it looked like but it doesn't look like that anymore and.... <BREATHE>

*goes off to make a slug bug post*

P.S. Your post topic should've been "Behold! A new master walks amongst you!"

16. Hel Khat

Hel Khat New Member

Actually I was likely banned before you joined :D but who's counting?

Well if he'd do that to our cat he can't be too worried about the "poor kittens" 8)

BTW where is Canucktia? I never heard of it :-?

17. slagger21

slagger21 New Member

18. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

Um, no it wasn't.
    As I recall, it had to do with a multiplayer game.
    :roll:

19. Settler

Settler Member

Welcome back, DB. I think you left about a month after I joined.

Yeah, I thought it was Deadly Breed for a few weeks, then clicked. Where's this name thread, I'm a liitle young :wink: .

20. Deadly Bread

Deadly Bread New Member

Never heard of Canucktia? No way! Everyone's heard of....no wait, it doesn't so much exist. It's a play on words or something, an inside joke, i suppose. It means Canada(sort of).
    Was that not the most sense-makingness ever? i mean, wow.

The name thread.

Our Host!