I have demo and have some questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MasterMonk, Aug 31, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. MasterMonk

MasterMonk New Member

There are some squares at the top middle bar that I don't know what they do. When I add intelligence, sometimes they go up. What is that?

WHere is the observation button? I've read on some posts that it's in the inventory where you can drag an item and observe it.

How do you pick locks without lock picks???

Sorry for being such a newb, but I could save time if you guys told me where I could find an online manual?

Thanks

MasterMonk

2. Calis

Calis Member

3. Xerophyte

Xerophyte New Member

Here come the mighty answers! Wee!

Since I am not at all lazy, I'll take time out of my busy Arcanum-playing schedule to answer you. Feel proud, young padawan . . . or don't, since I'm not very special and answer most everyone out of the goodness of my heart. So feel answered, at least. Oh, yes, I was supposed to give answers, that's right.

1. The boxes are for maintainable spells - yep, the number of spells you can maintain depends on intelligence. Don't remember if the formulae is straight IN/4 or IN/3-1 like everything else

2. There is no observe button as such. There is a use button, the big fat hand, on which you may drop notes to read them and similar, but it's used for other things than merely looking at stuff as well.

3. I haven't played around much with the thiefly arts, but I imagine that opening the skilldex (big button with a key) and selecting pick locks (button with a lock on it) should do the trick.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xerophyte on 2001-08-31 15:21 ]</font>

4. Aldin

Aldin New Member

it takes a thief

quick note:
    you can't pick locks without lockpicks
    ~Aldin

Our Host!