What new Races?

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Shadygrove, Sep 6, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. xento

xento New Member

It would still be funny. :lol:

2. Settler

Settler Member

OK, the majority of this stuff will screw up the game big time, if it ever gets made.

So, we MOD IT!

You could call it something like - 'Go Go Super Happy Arcanum!!!' or the like.

3. xento

xento New Member

What kind of a name is that?

Hey, something came to mind... Someone should make a signature that says "Go go, American Pi" and have the front of the movie with a pi symbol on the pie.

4. slagger21

slagger21 New Member

5. xento

xento New Member

What the heck is a wombat, anyway?

6. Vikjunk

Vikjunk New Member

*Minor Spoiler for one quest*

Has anyone done the "A Mysterious Affair" Quest in Tarant? It was an X-files type thing. In the quest you find out about the Gnome experiments to try to create bodyguards. One of them was a breeding program to try to breed Orcs and Elves. Only two specimens were successfully bred. So it seems that Orcs and Elves can't breed easily.

7. chiti56

chiti56 New Member

Races that should be available: Female for all
    Human
    Dwarf
    Elf
    Orc
    Ogre
    Halfling
    Goblins
    Harpys
    Werewolfs
    Dracnoids
    Trolls
    Hybird Races
    Centaur
    Ghosts

8. xento

xento New Member

To the above: I have never played that quest. Where do you find it?

To the directly above: I think those ideas are great! I would love to be a ghost. Ghosts could turn invisible and stuff, right?

9. Vikjunk

Vikjunk New Member

nbrosz,

*Spoiler*

There is a half-orc by Steamrail Station G will ask you to find a man and give him a message that he is looking for him. You find the guy at the Wellington Gentlemen's Club. I would recommend leaving your followers outside. It is a fairly long and in-depth quest so I'll let you figure the rest out on your own... ;)

10. xento

xento New Member

*spoiler* I know that one. Finding the twin skulls, right? Well, I found them, but I couldn't find the contact I needed to deliver them to. In Black Root, I think.

11. Vikjunk

Vikjunk New Member

*Spoiler* You'll find him in Caladon.

12. xento

xento New Member

13. Anonymous User

Anonymous User New Member

Are there two breeding programs, or are you thinking of humans and ogres? I know that they considered (or maybe tried) and rejected breeding half-orcs due to their temperament, but considering that they're aiming for strong creatures I doubt they'd breed an elf instead of a human.

While we're at it, how about beholders? Or gorgons? Or ents? Or any number of other things that don't exist in the world of Arcanum and which are extremely antisocial anyway? Or better yet, real dragons! Of course, they'd have to scale up the view some . . .

14. Vikjunk

Vikjunk New Member

The first breeding program was to breed orcs with elves but they found that elves and orcs could not be bred that easily. There were only two successes. The skulls that you were sent to find was theirs. If I remember right the reason they tried breeding elves with orcs was at the time technology had not been in anyone’s hands other then the dwarves. So they were trying to breed a fighter that had the natural aptitude towards magic. After the failures of the elf/orc breeding program and the emergents of technology made the gnomes look into other options. They ended up picking a half-ogres breeding program.

15. Settler

Settler Member

OK, so elves and orcs won't breed. I reckon you could breed half-elves and half-orcs, to make some hideous thing...

2 parts Human,
    1 part Elf,
    and 1 part Orc! Perfect!

16. Susano

Susano New Member

its unlogical ocs and elvenc ant breed, but oh well, you can always blame some sorta magic for it :razz:

hm.... hybrd-hybrids... that'd be funny. Why havent the gnomes figured this out themselves? :p

17. wdygfy

wdygfy New Member

arcanum meets narnia intelligent animal companions!

18. zxcvbnmnbvcxz123

zxcvbnmnbvcxz123 New Member

Well two things are the same species if they can interbreed and have viable offspring

Half-elves and half-orcs both have genitalia... hopfully or else I will delete my character now.

So elves are the same species as humans and so are orcs

So orcs and elves are the same species

That's probly why they call them RACES

If ll the 'races' are the same species, then you can have a half-halfling (quarter-ling) and half ogre... would that make a human? heh heh...

So i don't see why - other than video game logic - why orcs and elves can't breed...

So yeah, another example of funkey video game logic

19. chiti56

chiti56 New Member

in response 2 who said my races would spoil it, just cuz they aint in the game doesn't mean they dont exist. There is more to Aracanum than that one continent the first game was set in.
    more races
    Vampires
    Werewolves
    Angel kin
    Devil kin
    Golems
    Elements

20. Susano

Susano New Member

well chiti, and how do you explain that theer was no word about these races in Arcanum? What we dont need now is another sequel amde unlogical just because some programmer can be creative then.

Our Host!