Greetings from The Lore Development Team!

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Lore Development Team, Jun 25, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lore Development Team

Lore Development Team New Member

Hello my good friends. I am Nicholas Freedman, administrator of the LORE-Team. Currently, our email is LoreTeam@hotmail.com. Take a seat and get ready to read a long message. ;)

In November 6th, 2002, The LORE team was formed by 7 real life friends. Our goal? To create a great team of great people to make excellent Modules, and Mini-Modules, for Arcanum, and multiple other games. Currently were working on our first of 7 projects, LORE: The Fellowship of Bale.

Were currently expecting the module to be available for download by September or October of 2002. This module has been VERY overrated in the private forums of the LORE Team and have we are voting on making our new module public by putting up a Webpage for it.

From the webpage:

LORE: Fellowship of Bale
    You play the role of a confused warrior. Your character awakens in his house, not remembering anything. All you have is a fancy suit, and 500 gold. The man in front of you is a mage and says in a shallow voice "Go to Shadowhaven.".

LORE: Fellowship of Bale is the first of 7 modules the LORE team are creating. You play the role of a warrior with amnesia, however, you suddenly learn as you develop your character that the continent of Bale, is in danger. Consisting of Bale are 5 perilous countries, Darlash, Shadowhaven, Darktide, Blacksnow, and Lunaria. When your character learns that Bale is in danger he finds out the only way he can save the land is if he finds the Gems of each country, but, each Gem is what keeps the Countries thriving. To make things worse, the danger of the continent is the Moon is falling, so, players in LORE: Fellowship of Bale must meet new friends in the lands, get the 5 Gems of each country, and use their power to summon a giant which will use his magic to destroy the moon plummiting towards Bale.

Comments from Alpha Testers-

"This game is amazing. I have to play it through again!"
    -Albert Jays

"The ending is thrilling and will leave the players hearts pounding with excitement even if the game is completed SUCESSFULLY!
    -BlackBlade

"I'm an old team member, and I must say, in the 3 months I've been gone, the bugs and kinks are out, and the excitement has been tripled!"
    -Matt Friley

The Random Alpha Testers give this LORE game:

*** out of 5 stars!

-Lore: Fellowship of Bale has to be one of the FIRST RPG TACTICAL games yet! However, it lacks 2 out of 5 things. Tweaked items, and few dungeons. Is it an Uber Module? Unfortunately, our estimation is the player will be of lvl 35-40 when finishing this game.

So, now you ask for more info on our latest Mini-Module, Dungeon of Tactics? Well, it will be available soon by mid-July. Then all of you can see what the LORE-Team is capable of. Why are we posting here? On behalf of my partners, The Lore Team wants THREE new scripters and 1 Dialog maker. All emails and applications must include:

1. Real life name and last name
    2. Nickname
    3. Real life Age
    4. Experience you have with Arcanum
    5. Paragraph of WHY the LORE team should allow you to join us.

All emails should be sent to LoreTeam@hotmail.com. Those who are accepted can look forward to:

1. Our new Forum Member access.
    2. An Alpha version of Lore: Fellowship of Bale.
    3. AND a good team of good people.

So, what kind of people are we looking for? People who are kind, civilised, and good at making Dialogues and Scripts for people. We also are looking for trusting people. I.e. someone who wont blab the password to our forums, and someone who wont reveal secrets or blueprints of our next modules.

Well, thats about all I have to say. Emails are being awaited and applications are ready to be filled! Drop your application in soon!

LORE Administrator,

Nicholas Freedman

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

let's see

how about putting it on the web and let us check it out for ourselves? most of us probably believe thats those comments made on the mod are most likely fake so give us a web address for us to check it out

3. Lore Development Team

Ok. Heres the address, its still under heavy construction:

http://lmcenter.tripod.com/

There will be an update today perhaps. Depends if our webmaster is on. As for you thinking the module is fake, your open to your opinions. Also- Dungeon of Tactics Demo will be available featuring 10% of The Dungeon of Tactics. So, you can check that out for yourself. Also coming soon is The Mirrior Module, The Dungeon of Strategy. Good luck!

4. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

5. Lore Development Team

Ooo

:lol:

Wow. Hello DarkUnderlord, I've heard alot about you. While in our module if you click credits when it is released, youll see the bottom says "Special Thanks to" and will have several names under it, you being one of them. Our Co-Admin, Ghallant, thought it would be good since you wrote that aweomse Tutorial, AMTUT. Excellent job on it DU.

6. DarkUnderlord

Re: Ooo

Heh... Yeah... I'd better get back to work on that. :)

7. Snobothehobo

Snobothehobo Member

So, this is the ONE post where LORE is friendly, eh?

8. Menkhur

Menkhur New Member

How can LORE be "founded in November 2002"?

Or did I just step into the shoes of Rib-Van-Wrinkle and played Arcanum for 20 years??

Just curious.

9. DarkUnderlord

Wow. I never noticed that before. Maybe that's why they never released their module? They haven't even been founded yet!

10. Maniac

Maniac New Member

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

12. Snobothehobo

Snobothehobo Member

LOL I wish you were right! I wish LORE wasn't founded yet! (Actually, I wish they were NEVER founded! HAHAHAHA!)

P.S. I will not apologize for that, LORE! :p

13. Jasper_Chen

Jasper_Chen New Member

Whats this doing here?

Hmmm it's been a long time since that lore controversy(spelling???) this one is OLD, did lore even finish that one?

14. Ferret

Ferret New Member

15. Maniac

Maniac New Member

Did LORE even exist? :eek: (I think it was one guy)

16. Ferret

Ferret New Member

With a multiple personality problem that wasn't even convincing, and a penchant for insulting everyone and using the word Gay in a very lame manner.

17. DarkUnderlord

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dolo of the Dreamteam

Freinds, Romans, countrymen this looks exactly like the stunt "Dolo of the Dream Team" tried to pull on the Fallout Tactics sites. Exact same crap, imaginary team that suddenly disappears, great claims of finished projects but zero proof to back it up. And of course childish insults directed at anyone who questioned his veracity. I'm sure Saint Proverbius could provide details if he's still involved with this site.

19. xento

xento New Member

What and who is LORE? I checked the site, and it seems like it is for Neverwinter Nights more then Arcanum. Is it a clan?

20. Snobothehobo

Snobothehobo Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!