What is your I.Q. ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hel Khat, Sep 5, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Hel Khat

Hel Khat New Member

So I guess I am SUPPOSED to believe that everyone here is (just a bit) smarter then me! LOL NOT :p

2. Windmills

Windmills New Member

Yay for me! My husband took this too and I'm smarter than him! Ha! :lol:

But Milo's right - don't put too much credit into an online commercial IQ test. The numbers are likely inflated. It's nice to feel all educamacated and schtuff though. :p

3. Luchaire

Luchaire New Member

Bah. Ptooey.

4. Nerds Eye View

Nerds Eye View New Member

I got a 135. On a different one I took, a timed MENSA self test I scored in the mid 97th percentile. That's about 127. I think these are a bit high too, and with no time limit, it's pretty much a moot point. I also think that there were a lot of very subjective questions on there. That first one with all the coloerd tiles, I put C and can give a lot of reasons for it, on theyre sample answer page, it was A. No idea why. On the which is the most different, coconut, grape, banana, pear one; Different how? The coconut is the only one that isn't thought of as a fruit. The Grape is the only one that doesn't grow on a tree, and the only one you can eat all of. All and all too ambuguous.

5. Hel Khat

Hel Khat New Member

I agree 100 % on that one PLUS the banana is the only one easily pealed :eek:

I was stumped! :x

BTW welcome to our little forum :D

6. Windmills

Windmills New Member

I know it's off-topic, but I must reiterate just how much I like the name Nerds Eye View. It's just way too frickin cool. :wink:

Good name for a band. A good, nerdy band the likes of They Might Be Giants or Barenaked Ladies that sing songs about incandescent gases and particle physics.

Nerd Bands ROCK.

7. Kozmo_Naut

Kozmo_Naut New Member

8. Reg Pither

Reg Pither New Member

A measly 129 for me. And yes, some of the questions, like the fruit one, surely have more than one 'correct' answer depending on the criteria used.

Still, it's all a bit of harmless fun. :)

9. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

I didn't like this test because there were some questions (in language part) which were obviously English speakers oriented. Stupid proverbs.

Anyway I scored lousy 127 and precision processor. Can't say I agree a lot with the statement than I'm better at math than language but what the hell. I wonder what I would get with a Polish test.

Could you give a link?

10. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

I got 133 "Visual Mathematician"

I doubt it is entirely accurate, but the visual mathematics thing is weird, because a few years back I found out about synethsesia (whatever) and asked a load of people about it (psychologists included) because I thought I might have it. One of the things that came out was that I use visualisations more for mathematical stuff.

Hel Khat, if you think people are all lying and posting just above your score, I'd have a look at the site again to see if there's a "Am I Paranoid?" test.

11. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

What did the rest of you get?

12. Hel Khat

Hel Khat New Member

OK I officially take back the IQ praise I gave you in the last post :razz:

I don't need no stinking test for that! I KNOW you guys are out to get me :paranoid:

13. ThreeDogs

ThreeDogs New Member

144 and the test is stupid. If it stuck to spatial reasoning it would be one thing. However, with questions like "a cynic is a person who knows the price of everything but the value of _____" its a fucking Oscar Wilde quote. My correct answer means I read Wilde not that I have a high IQ

14. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

The coconut is different because it's the only one that has milk. It's also the only one with a rock-hard covering.

As for my score, I got 136. I think it's a bullshit test though, like ThreeDogs said - some of those quotes are easy enough to figure out, but if you've read them before, then it tips the balance your way, and non-english speakers would have a hard time figuring them out without a dictionary.

15. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Eggzactly. Me no stuppideer then youse. Test bed. Fa-fav-favou Gooder for English folk.

16. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

Congratulations, ?????!
    Your IQ score is 126

This number is the result of a formula based on how many questions you answered correctly on Emode’s Ultimate IQ Test.

Our analyses indicate that your Intellectual Type is: Visual Mathematician. This means that among other things, you have superior skills in mathematics and spatial reasoning.

hmmm..... curious to say the least as i scored a 123 in a test that ch 9 (t.v. channell... doh!) did a few weeks back in which the "average" range was between 90 & 110, mwybe we're all just really, really smart........... nah.... that ain't right.

*didyoureallythinki'dletmynameslipthrough

17. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

my IQ is... you wouldn't believe me if i told you. and the test is wrong anyway, because i'm not any kind of mathematician, least of all a visual one...

18. gamenut

gamenut New Member

You gotta tell us! You can't just leave us guessing!

19. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

No I say we should guess. Lets give numbers.

There must be "1" in the score (unless Rosie hit 200).

20. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

I never believe in any IQ test as the IQ test was orginate make by than French police lietentant . It never measure Intelligence as than US Hight Court rule many year ago. When I was 8 year old than school psycholist gave me than standard IQ test which show I was mental retare because I was born with than speech deflect and plus I use the heel of my shoe to hammer all the pegs into their holes. Four year later they gave me than other
    IQ test after putting me into special class which show I have than IQ of over 200 or something. They refuse to transer me out so New York order than special test make up of parts of different IQ test which show than IQ of 180.
    How many modern people can survival in than hostle jungle enivent if they plane cash in one. While than native of the stone age New Guienes who before they got better educate was unable to test than IQ test but live very well in his jungle home. Than IQ test measure your abilitiy to pass than test base on your cultureal background not on your abilitity to think. I sure make each round peg fit in it square hole by hammering then in did I.

Our Host!