dog

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Luinil, Aug 5, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luinil

Luinil New Member

i know that dog is found in ashbury, but i havent been able to get there. can someone tell me how to find it and where dog is located exactly?
    also, what followers are the best to have around for an elven archer mage. i already have virgil, sogg, and magnus. with one more point in charisma i can get another and i was thinking vollinger until someone better comes along. what is the minimum persuasion you can get gar to join you with?
    i remember hearing that it was 2 or 3 from someone, but if someone could tell me that would be nice

2. xento

xento New Member

Take the train to Ashbury or wait until after you go to the Black Mountain Clan and talk to Gilbert Bates and then he (or someone else you can talk to on the streets) will/should mark your map. Also, you can get a mage when you are about to go to Caladon from Tarant. Go to Mr. Willousbry's house and there will be a mage from Tulla there. If you are a mage, he should join you.

3. Menkhur

Menkhur New Member

I found the dog just outside of the City Hall in Ashbury.

The dog I found was dead.
    I like animals. In fact, I ache everytime I am travelling and have to kill a wolf or bear.
    I had to save some money for a Scroll of Ressurection to apply it to the dog.

I can't say if he's good or not.

My Charisma of 5 allows me only one follower, and that seat is taken by Virgil right now.

Good look finding the dog.
    Don't forget the scroll.

4. Windmills

Windmills New Member

Dog as a follower

I had read somewhere that Dog doesn't count towards your follower tally. So you should be able to have him AND Virgil, even with low charisma.

I could be wrong though...one way to know for sure is to try it.

5. Ferret

Ferret New Member

If the dog's dead then leave it - it won't join you!

You can only get it to join you if you get to it when you first arrive in Ashbury and save it from death by that bastard gnome!

6. xento

xento New Member

Once, I went up to Worthless Mutt and gave him a fatigue restorer. He got up... and just stood there as that dumb gnome kicked him up.

7. Kinnicus

Kinnicus New Member

uh, you have to tlak to the little bastart gnome, and no, the doggy doesnt count against followers, but the more follwoers you have, the more laggy your game will be

-Steve

8. Menkhur

Menkhur New Member

Talk to the gnome?

What gnome?

The one I killed for animal cruelty?
    I REALLY don't like animal cruelty.

I didn't think it was the owner.

I thought it was an idiot who was attacking a helpless (and dead by the time I finished him off) dog.

That explains why after I ressurected him he didn't do anything.

Well...
    Until my next re-incarnation (again) then...

9. Luinil

Luinil New Member

do you have stop him as soon as you go to ashbury or just when you see him. does dog really not count towards followers? that would be really nice for me so i could have virgil, sogg, magnus, and dog and one other is i get one more for charisma, and one other if i spend 2 cp and get expert persuasion. 7 followers would be pretty fun. anyone have some good ideas for those 2 other followers?

10. Menkhur

Menkhur New Member

Walk around and when you see the owner of the dog talk to him, if he is not already beating the poor animal.

I know that many followers will slow down your computer.
    So if you don't have a POWER machine, I recommend 5 as a Max.

Personally, I do not like followers.
    If ONE man is trying to take over the world, then ONE man should stop him.

Rules of Chivalry, you know.

11. Bobbo the Great

Bobbo the Great New Member

ive always hated followers they are really annoying. i prefer soloing and the wait bahind this large obstruction until i kill it feature. i always get dog becaus he beats the crap out of the automation in ashbury and i like pets. my followers in games after my first never attack. they are merely baggage carriers. those many quest items, magicks, and cursed items i like to collect. that is until i recently was told of permenent storage places.

12. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Dog really doesn't count on your max followers meter. However you can't use trains when you have Dog in your party.

Best way to get him, talk to gnome, tell him he (the gnome that is) deserves to die, kill him. You can convince the gnome that he's bad and let him go but why should you?

AFAIK you can get the dog to join after resurrecting him but I never tried it myself.

13. Menkhur

Menkhur New Member

14. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

As Far As I Know

this comes in handy while browsing forums - for me at least.

15. Moke

Moke New Member

There was one point in the game where I was fighting some pretty mean baddies and dog kept getting himself killed so I reloaded and told him to wait. While fighting, one monster went over to where dog was waiting and dog helped kill it.. I wen back and finished off the rest but when I returned, dog had abandoned me (this was only a matter of minutes). Unfortunately I saved once everything was dead.. So, he either died (doubt it), or left. If he left, where did he go? I looked around Ashbury but he's not there. .. i think he's a goner.. oh well, I have a familiar that sort of fills his role.

16. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Perhaps you had really low charisma since the period of time for which your follower will wait for you w/o leaving you is dependent on charisma. It might be also a bug.

17. plumbs

plumbs New Member

maybe you must wait for several months,i guess.

When i first played the game,i sent Jayna Stiles away to get Dante,and after Dante went away,i wait for the silly woman in Derholm for months,it just made me :rifle: her!!!

by the way AI of Virgil is more annoying~~

18. greenjerk

greenjerk New Member

Here's a trick for dog if he's already dead or you want a better reaction rating. i was beaten with an ugly stick and most party members start off neutral or suspicious of me.

Dog was the same way so after a reload I let the gnome kill him and then resurrected him. He's now courteous 70. I saved/ress'd virgil's and magnus's asses to and they're both courteous 70 even though my beauty is 2 and charisma is low.

19. pspahn420

pspahn420 New Member

If you resurrect the dog, then of course he will be courteous with you! you just gave him a new life, he thought he was dead, and if someone brought you back from the dead wouldn't you be a little appreciative? My last character did the same thing, when I got to ashbury for the first time, the dog was already dead, so a ressurrection scroll later, he was my homie and his reaction was 76 to me.

20. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

The problem with dog for tech character is you can't use trains with him.

Also I think that dog starts out dead if you didn't get to ashbury within your first hour of playing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!