time to eat

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Bobbo the Great, Aug 7, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Bobbo the Great

Bobbo the Great New Member

okay how bout this idea for an arc 2

im not sure of how many people have heard of spiderweb software and their exile/avernum series, but it would be a lot more realistic if you had to eat food every once in a while to survive

youd use something like an elven hunting bow to hunt the innocent animals in the forest to get food, but not use a sword that be too cheap

or even secret locations to lost artifacts that you could journey to on the side to get class(whatever) specific weaopons like an ancient soldier priest's sword from the archives of arcanum history

tell me what ya think about this

2. xento

xento New Member

Do you mean, like, if you use a special bow, you can get food out of what you hunt?

3. Rat Keeng

Rat Keeng New Member

Spiderweb Software makes some awesome games. Their latest, Geneforge, is worth a look if you haven't already.

On the topic of food, i've never really liked to have that in games. Food, water, bathing, going to the bathroom, sleeping, it's just too much micro management. Games should never be too realistic, it often destroys the fun of the game. Just my view on it.

4. Josh

Josh New Member

yes, the whole food thing is very annoying

5. DM's Bane

DM's Bane New Member

Food (and geneforge)

I would indeed like for a food system in the game. it would at least make some of the items in the game more usefull (What is the deal with the food items in the game anyway, do they DO anything?)
    Also rat keeng is totaly right about geneforge it izz bichin'! Long live khelebek, level 30 shaper w00t!!! :p :thumbup:

6. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Congratulations dipshit. This one is TWO YEARS OLD.

7. Tzaca

Tzaca New Member

It`s a good ideea but i think it`s to complex....just eat maybe but hunt...that`s good but.....i`m 100% sure it wont go in to the game

Our Host!