Who's Who?

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Aldin, May 17, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Aldin

Aldin New Member

Kings and Queens,
    Princes and Princesses,
    Lords and Dames,
    Gentlemen and Ladies,

Allow me to introduce myself. I am Samson Sedgewick Stephenson the Third. I have spent the early part of my life travelling from town to town and culture to culture. I have set to parchment many fabulous biographies. The Lord of Pastelwood told me of his tempestuous romance with Rosalyn Berken over mulled cider. James Krift supped with me and revealed the secret of how he blinded the Eyes of Denarius. Dame Howd spoke of the time she commanded a hundred men in a quest to save her husband. Now I have come to Tarant.

I am seeking your stories Gentlesirs and Madams. Regale me with your histories. Delight me with your pasts. Suprise me with your secrets. My ear is yours. The fire is lit. The beverage of your choice available. The night is long...

2. stravaig

stravaig New Member

Well met, my dear Mr. Stephenson.

*shakes hands*

I am Hamilton Demry.

*taking a seat, sipping a brandy, smoking a cigar*

One in my profession must of necessity practice an extraordinary amount of discretion.
    I am a solicitor, you see, and my clients are typically the wealthy and influential business and political tycoons of Tarant. I provide them legal counsel on matters small and large and as a result am privvy to many of their most dangerous secrets.
    I would love to share some of them with you, but I fear my professional image would be forever tarnished beyond repair, should the slightest confidence escape my lips.

I myself am frequently asked to speak before Parliament and before the assembled Captains of Industry on matters legal and economic.

I am known in some circles as a notorious Orc-lover, and yet in others as a heartless hater of all things Orcish.
    The fact is, I detest most Orcs as violent brutes, and yet will campaign ceaselessly for their fair treatment under the law. Regardless of my personal opinions, you see, I do believe that Justice ought be blind...

Ah, enough about me, I am beginning to sound too full of myself. As my dear departed wife would have said, "Yes, yes, Mr. Demry, you've quite made your point, now kindly do shut up."

3. gustavef

gustavef New Member

And I have had the pleasure of placing him in both circles. 8*)

By the way Hamilton, hows mother? 8*)

I am gustavef, half-orc, by race. I head up the office of the Orcish Labour Union Tarant Local 5. I am one of the more well known members of the Union, but my job is no more important then my Brothers who work in the factories. They are the life blood of this fine city, and I have been charge to make sure that the heart of Tarant beats healthy and strong.

Being not on the stonger side for both my Orcish and Half-Orcish Cousins, I have been lead to the life of mediator. However, that too has had its toll.

Some may remember a fairly angry time a year ago when the Candleworks Plant burned down, but the details of that is another story.

Suffice to say, I am hopefully a moderate between the extrems that Mr. Demry represents, but then he would say the same about me.

-gustavef, Orcish Labour Union Tarant Local 5

4. gustavef

gustavef New Member

Good Evening Gentlemen, I am Dame Lady Ednna Etheridge, OCB. (Order of the Cross of Saint Beatrice)

My Family have been in Tarant since its founding many generations ago. In fact Lord Samson Etheridge was one of the founding members of the Tarant Paralment. We have had a seat in the upper house since then.

Some of you may know me from the various society pages. But most of what is printed is pure mindless drivel for the uncooth masses that don't know how good they have it.

Normaly, I do not attend this establisment, but seeing that there are many new faces, I thought I would introduce myself to the younger gentlemen who may be new to our fine city.

So I bid you all a good day.

-Dame Lady Ednna Etheridge, OCB

5. Aldin

Aldin New Member

I am charmed to make your acquaintance Lady Etheridge. Well met Mr. Demry. Ah, gustavef, delightful to meet you as well. So short a time in Tarant and already such wonderful contact with it's good citizens. For those whose history is somewhat less palatable, dispel your worries. I am nothing if not discreet. All biographies will be held in strictest confidence unless and until I am authorized to reveal them. I renew my attention to your stories Gentles. My time is yours.

6. Wojit

Wojit New Member

Good evening Lady and Gentlemen.
    I am Wojit
    Also known as - Wojit.

I was thinking of attempting to find some other name or special title to make myself sound more fancy, but I never got around to it.

7. Oyarsa

Oyarsa New Member

Greetings all,
    I am, of course, Oyarsa Buckland. A halfling farmer, vintner, and distiller from fair Caladon. I have also had the good fortune to be given charge over this wonderful community and freeholding. There is more I could say, but since the company is mixed I will restrain my halfling social graces for the sake of the common protocols.

Welcome and may the bees favour your orchards.

Oyarsa Buckland
    Buckland Orchards & Vineyards, Prop.

8. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

9. Aldin

Aldin New Member

Greetings Master Buckland (and thank you for that fine vintage, it was indeed delightful with the Rack of Lamb). Master Krix, I look forward to future tales of your heroism. And, ummm, Wojit, ummm, thanks for, ummm, dropping by. (Good Grief, I sound like an idiot!)

10. omnipotent_256

omnipotent_256 New Member

Good evening, friends, I am Geoffry Cambell, owner of Cambells Exotic Goods Emporium, the finest of its type in all of arcanum. If you should ever find yourself in need of an item you cannot find anywhere else, we will be able to get it for you, and in great time too.

11. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

Krix raises an eyebrow looking at Aldin with a strange look on his face "Yeah whatever."

12. Lord Davidian

Lord Davidian New Member

Greetings one and all. I am Lord Davidian of the House of Flemington. It is indeed a great pleasure to meet such a diverse group of amiable individuals. I must say that I find it utterly detestable to think that in these modern times so many still are of the archaic and otiose notion that their race is the only race deserving of an exsistance.

13. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

What race? I have no "race" as you say... I am a halfbreed because my parents were too ignorant and didn't even bother to think of the future *Krix shakes his head*

14. Blunder

Blunder New Member

Jureel - At least you are a half-elf and can get by just about everywhere you go.

You want to talk about the woes of mixed parentage. I'm a half-ogre. The only thing I have going for me was I lived in an middle upper class neighborhood. This has given myself most of the social skills necessary to get by and survive with in this oftentime racially unforgiving city I live in. For myself being a half-ogre even I can honestly admit that I was blessed and am somewhat better looking than most of my kind and that makes being looked at by a human easier on their eyes.

Enough of my rambling though. My story goes something like this...Once I left home and tried to get a grasp on the world, I quickly found that there wasn't a lot of employment opportunities for one of my background. My personal tastes had me leaning towards doing some outdoor type work vs. settling down as someones gentlemanly butler or man servant. With my size and somewhat good looks for a half-ogre I became what one may call mercenary of sorts. I resort to violence only when necessary and have many other forms of convincing and persuasion at my disposal. My clients respect the work that I do for them and I must say that I make very few follow up visits.

I won't go into specifics or give my name, but any who need to make use of my services can usually find myself by word of mouth.

15. Aldin

Aldin New Member

Thank you Gentles, thank you.
    Mr. Campbell I spent a wonderful hour browsing your fine selection. Out of curiousity, do the ones in the corner come in pink as well? Lord Davidian, it is a great honor to meet you. You grace me with your presence. My nameless Half-Ogre friend, there was once a great tale told of a nameless one. It is but poorly remembered and tells of both another time and place, but perhaps you will be a great hero such as he. Time spins all tales and your telling of them delights me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aldin on 2001-05-25 16:02 ]</font>

16. Zed Blacksword

Zed Blacksword New Member

"Well, hello, I´m Zed. Not maybe the most noble name in Arcanum *laughs* but I´m a dwarf, after all :razz:
    Also I have a friend."
    -------------------------------
    "Yes, I am tech-knight Veshnar von Dir. Just call me Sir Veshnar...."
    -------------------------------

17. Dannyboy

Dannyboy New Member

A stout little Dwarven man arcs a bushy brow as the attention seems to hover around him. "What?" he inquires, taking a swig of the mug of heady liquor in his hand. "Name's Aristan Risharik. Adventurer, gunsmithy, and anything else - if the price is right." he tugs on his long and braided dark beard in thought. "My story? Bah - what is it with you taller folk and tales. I'll wager half of us in the room aren't even drunk yet. Back in my Clan, we'd have emptied at least three barrels of Midaros' finest wine before we..."

He pauses, and looks around suspiciously. "Nevermind all that. I suppose, short of you /elves/, that I've led a longer life then most. Three-hundred and four years, to be exact. I've got battle scars older then some of you, no doubt." he seems to find amusement in this, mouth twisting upwards in a smug grin. "I'm not about to regail you with my life story. Let's just say I'm where I am doing what I am because of a woman. The males in here will know that a mans problems /always/ begin with a woman. Hah! I should of stayed away from her, aye. But I was foolish, naiive. So I set out to earn my Fortune to buy her hand, and to trade my worldly treasures for the chance to extend my bloodline. This be over seventy-five years ago, mind you. I've not been back since. Done the occasional odd job or two. Travelled the world, I did, and never turned down an adventure alone the way. Well, I had some explorer fellow ask me to go to the Isle of Despair. I'm brave, not stupid."

He pauses yet again, and his good humor disappears as soon as it came on him. He takes a long swig of ale, and grunts. "I guess that's all there is to say. Now leave me be."

18. Aldin

Aldin New Member

Again I say, Well Met Indeed!
    Your name is Zed, you say? Not Zed Blacksword perchance? If so I have heard tales of you which make me even more suprised at your modesty. And Aristan Risharik, the last 75 years have not left you unnoted either. Perhaps you will be cheered by the simple assurance that I know your lady love awaits you still. As always, my ear is open to all...

19. bilbo_baggins

bilbo_baggins New Member

I am Sir James of Stillwater and i'm known for my exploits in technology and for my traveling in the great lands of Arcanum

20. Wojit

Wojit New Member

Yay!

Hello Sir James of Stillwater!!! Have a drink, complements of Me Pty Ltd!

Our Host!