Identifying items...

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Anonymous, Jun 3, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

apart from the scroll and spell, can i id items in the demo?

2. Calis

Calis Member

Yes, you can always sell your items to magick shopkeepers and then buy them back. It's expensive, though, but so are the identify scrolls.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

missed out that method in my last post.. but apart from that?

r u telling me that there's no npc that will id stuff?

4. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

well technically thats what the magick shopkeepers do when you sell them an item *g*

if any one will let you pay for their service in identing objects aside from above mentioned version, i don't know.

*monkey suggests waiting for calis, ratster or alternativly hero to answer this question*

still its a highlevel spell, and you can see the scrolls as the payment they want for the service rendered. *g*

5. Calis

Calis Member

Not from what I've seen, no.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

thx... i hope they will have someone who id stuff in the proper game... i mean 10k for a scroll is a bit...

7. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

there is, or so claims shellman over at the inn.

it seems gypsy ladys can ID things for you, one is located in TARANT, and its seems one is located in SH now as well.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

9. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

:minigun: IDENTIFY YOUR ITEMS FOR FREE, GUARANTEED!!!!!!!!
    In shrouded hills you can pick pocket Ristzee in the dead of night even if you don't have any skill in that area of expertise. Simply follow him into his bedroom as he prepares for bed, and steal his key once he's asleep. Once that is accomplished, you may at will access his chest/bedroom. So, any unidentified items you sell to Ristzee will become identified once he buy's them, feel free to access his chest and re-appropriate your now identified goods, marvelous!

10. Moke

Moke New Member

ya, there'r several gypsies throughout arcanum on the full version.. i've run into the ones at SH and Ashbury (i havent gotten too far yet..), but im sure they'r in most places (usually on the outskirts... gotta look for them). I think they charge a standard 100/item to identify. much better than the $$ for scrolls, etc.

11. Milo

Milo New Member

Wow, this has got to be a record for grave digging. Jarinor's probably hunched over in the corner, cradling himself and crying in silent rage.

Our Host!