Manuals - what am I doing wrong??

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by icanccows, Jul 31, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. icanccows

icanccows New Member

I know that this may seem like a silly question, but I have just bought and started playing this game and it’s starting to drive me nuts – Basically I’m not sure what to do with the manuals – I just a couple from the university bookseller in Tarant and they seem to be useless – I can’t read them and they don’t seem to do/change anything……

Can someone please explain what I’m doing wrong – I really don’t want to go to far further without figuring out what to do with them…thanks.
    [/b]

2. Moke

Moke New Member

are you talking about the tech schematics?... if not, maybe i just completely overlooked the manual thing. But if you are talking about the schematics, you just drag it from your inventory to the "use" icon (the hand). then when you go to your known schematics to make something, click on the button labeled "found schematics" (its on the "learned schematics" by default). then you should be able to make whatever it was that you learned from the manual.

if that wasnt what you were asking about, then sorry i just wasted some of your time.

3. Gambit

Gambit New Member

Those manual's increases that tech skill what the manual says. Let's say that you have all Smithy skills and you need one level Electrical and you don't have CP to spend on it, then you buy Electrical Manual(?) and now you have one level Electrical to make one of those found schematics. Just keep them in your inventory to get them work.

4. Loki

Loki New Member

I think one manual increases your aptitude in that particular discipline by the number of your INT rating. And you can multiply that number by purchasing more manuals (750 gold each).

5. icanccows

icanccows New Member

Thanks Moke - it's not the schematics I was on about...

Gambit - looked at the tech rating and you're right, just starting the game really so not sure of the benifits, but will understand when I find some schematics. Thanks for your help.

Our Host!