Question on kathorin crystals and the glasses.

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Kasceis, Jul 30, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Kasceis

Kasceis New Member

Yes, this is my first post here and I was hoping someone would know, but I've seen some topics here and not many people are talking about Arcanum. Well anyway, my question, I messed up on the Island Of Dispair, I didn't get the glasses and I can't get back to the island cause the guy won't let you talk to him, he just has the text above his head, so I can't get back to the island. So I went to the Ray's Specs place and asked him to make me a pair but I need a kathorin crystal. So the question is-- WHERE CAN I FIND A KATHORIN CRYSTAL?

Please give the location and instructions on what to do.

And thanks in advance to all the replies.

2. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Kasceis, welcome to the forums. Just for your information, if you go to the Arcanum Hints, Tips, and Strategies forum, you will find EVERYONE is talking about Arcanum there. We usually don't discuss it in the General Discussion forum. As far as the Kathorin (sp?) crystals, don't fret. I can't remember where I got mine, but someone here can tell you. But you don't have to worry. I found lots of them, and I didn't get the one on the island of despair, either.

3. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

wander around the plains for a bit, you'll fight lots of beasties in random encounters, and one of them will have a kathorn crystal (hah! i spelled it right!). or, you could wander around tarant's sewers for a bit, there's all kinds of gems down there...

4. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

*Sigh* This topic has been covered so many times, you should really search the forums for the answer. Anyways, here goes...

Head to the shipwreck north of Ashbury - just keep heading along the coast until you find it. Wait till night. Kill skeletons. Get kathorin crystal (among other goodies). Go to Ashbury. Get glasses. Go to Wheel Clan. Complete game (eventually).

5. Loki

Loki New Member

More specifically, one has to visit the glass maker in Ashbury, near the pub and the elven merchant. You need on crystal, I think, and a lump of cash (more like 1000 coins, but wonder if you could shave the fee off a bit with persuasion and/or haggle?). Also there is a schematic for the glasses, you can make them yourself if you wish.

6. Aura Emenator

Aura Emenator New Member

Are you serious?

Kathorn Crystals are all over the place. Get the schematic from Thorvald on the Isle of Despair, and make your own pair to save some cash.

7. Luinil

Luinil New Member

i believe i found several crystals in the black mountain clan

8. plumbs

plumbs New Member

Ya,in the Black Mountain Mine!

Ya,in the Black Mountain Mine!

9. Luinil

Luinil New Member

Re: Ya,in the Black Mountain Mine!

right, in the mine, not the clan itself

10. crispy

crispy New Member

I found a kathorn crystal near the original airship crashsite. Wander around.

11. Menkhur

Menkhur New Member

I found the crystals inside the treasure chests of the King of Dernholm.

Only try this after dousing the torches around the chests in the northern side of the building.

12. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

In the crash site you found the crystals in the chest right?
    In the bmc you find 2 kathorn crystals in a locked chest just before the rooms of traps.

Our Host!