char help

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Luinil, Jul 24, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Luinil

Luinil New Member

just got a new comp which is good and bad. good is that its faster, bad is that i must restart arcanum, good is that i can have fun with characters again. so, im thinking half elf thief with chatlans protege. with the xtra followers ill be fine in combat and it will give me plenty of options for dialogue. anyone else have suggestions for alternatives or little skills to get along the way, i plan on charged rings and possibly molotovs, i dunno tho....thanks to anyone who replies

2. Yyde

Yyde New Member

I like starting the game over...I could've ended my last one about 20 levels ago....but I felt like dragging it on to see what else I could get.

3. quamper

quamper New Member

are you planning on using backstab since your a thief... I notice alot of people create "thief" characters but they neglect to use the awesome skill that is backstab...

Maxed out in Backstab with a pyrotech axe.. there ain't anything you can't kill from the front... but especially the back :evil:

4. Luinil

Luinil New Member

i much prefer my expert throwing ability with my enchanted chakram, which considering im a level 8 is pretty good, and with sogg, virgil, and magnus backing me with an arcane ax, poisoned sword, and air sword. besides, i throwing stuff is so much cooler than hitting ppl in the back.

5. quamper

quamper New Member

yeah i think that's probably the next char I will play, whenever i start up another arcanum game... never had a character that is soley devoted to throwing skill, I'd be interested in seeing the dynamic of how the games plays out especially later in the game

6. Settler

Settler Member

It's quite hard sticking to a throwing character - I usually go Firearms, but started a new game with a throwing character.

Throwing leads on to explosives, explosives leads onto firearms - I got a flamethrower schematic...

Our Host!