Dark Age of Camelot?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Windmills, Jul 25, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Windmills

Windmills New Member

Hey all!

I saw Dark Age of Camelot in the store. I'm considering buying it but first:

Has anyone played it? What did you think of it, do you recommend it for an RPG/Arcanum lover?

All suggestions and opinions are very very very wanted!

Also: I just bought Morrowind and Black And White. I hope those don't dissapoint either.

Thanks Everyone!

- Windmills

2. Notharah

Notharah New Member

Black and White will dissapoint... sorry to say.... but you will see that after a while... your creature will absorb too much time... leaving too little time to handle the building of a village and battling your foes... but when you neglect your creature he will not be a good help while fighting...

the best way to go is train you creature to be selfsupplying... and make him aid your inhabitants...

3. gamenut

gamenut New Member

I bought the camelot game, but I have never played it. It is sitting in my closet.

4. quamper

quamper New Member

camelot is kinda fun... graphics are so so... the big problem is everyone gets to a high level so quick, there is no where to go from there.. and they aren't releasing any expansions... if you are wanting to hop on the mmorpg bandwagon wait for Starwars (if your into that) or Shadowbane...

if you're not used to pvp and you think you can play daoc with out getting involved in pvp then it isn't for you...

5. quamper

quamper New Member

oh yeah I don't know about black and white..

morrowind .. I have had sitting around for awhile, played it off and on a bit and I like what I've played of it..

It can get really slow sometimes even on a beefy pc.. especially if you run fast the loading can get annoying.. but I guess it's no worse than the hangups in arcanum..

the world is big.. very bleak throughout most of it, but still manages to pull off amazing visuals..

and of course there are some annoying bugs.. but all in all I like it quite a bit..

it'll be interesting to see if any one puts out some impressive mods with it.. I'm afraid it's going to get overlooked since Neverwinter Nights is the big thing right now.. which I have no intrest what so ever in.. I just don't like the whole AD&D world and any games that are based in it..

oh well /rant off

6. Windmills

Windmills New Member

Follow up. :)

Notharah,

Thanks for the tips! They're ALREADY coming in QUITE useful! [​IMG]

Quamper,

Dark age of camelot WILL have an expansion, called "Shrouded Isles", released this December. Check out http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/st ... 68-7398357

(Sorry for the long link, but you should be able to just click on it)

Also, I'm not up on the lingo: What's mmorpg, pvp, and daoc?

- Windmills

7. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

MMORPG - Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. Any game that can only be played online, involves a monthly fee and is a RPG falls into this category.

PvP - Player vs Player. Fighting other people in a MMORPG

DAoC - Dark Age of Camelot.

I'm thinking about playing one of the following unreleased (as yet) MMORPG's - Star Wars Galaxies, City of Heroes, Citizen Zero, Horizons and maybe World of Warcraft.

8. Windmills

Windmills New Member

Question...

Dark Age of Camelot is an only multiplayer game?

The only experience I had with this is Battlenet with Diablo 2...and I think, from that, I prefer just single-player.

Does Dark Age of Camelot have a solely single player option, like Diablo does? If it is only online, like Everquest, than forget it! I don't like online player vs. player stuff...I want to relax and take things slow at my own leisure. (that's why I like Arcanum!)

I have heard about the star wars MMORPG, and I think that's the only one so far that may change my mind about playing online games. My husband will be on it too, so it's always nice to have someone you are close to play online with you. Less cut-throat that way, he'll help me out....if he knows what's good for him! :winknudge:

Anyway, if Dark Age of Camelot is only online, count me out!

- Windmills

9. quamper

quamper New Member

yeah Dark Ages of Camelot is online only.

And the thing about the expansion coming out in December is , how many people are going to stick around and wait for it while all the new next gen mmorpg are coming out at the same time.. DAOC can't pull something like that off as well as Everquest can.

10. Windmills

Windmills New Member

Hm...

Puts a whole new spin on things.

Thanks, quamper!

I'll just wait for Star Wars, then. [​IMG]

- Windmills

11. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Windmills, it's usually a good idea to read up on games before buying them. Otherwise, a little thing known as disappointment surfaces. Or possibly disenchantment. Either way, it's not good.

You'd actually do that to him? Man, women really are just heartless bitches at...heart, I guess.

12. Maniac

Maniac New Member

I am waiting for World of Warcraft.

13. Ct0fDiscord

Ct0fDiscord New Member

By the time it comes out I'll have nice job paying 50 cents over minimum wage. I might even be able to pay World of Warcraft or Star Wars. I'm hoping they release 30 day trials for each of them...

14. Loki

Loki New Member

You pay monthly fee to play MMORPGs. It is perfect for those incompetent game developers who like the idea of a steady stream of money while releasing a couple of expansion pack or two in a year, and they are set for life of prosperity. Unless the game is a piece of crap, like what Anarchy Online and WWII Online were at their release.

Our Host!