Kerghan/Arronax: Can someone explain this to me?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Argoso, Jul 17, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Argoso

Argoso New Member

I've played the game through to the end three times. One thing I still don't understand though: Why did Kerghan try to impersonate Arronax in the very first encounter you had with him?

Oh, and there's another thing that's been bothering me for a while. Is there any to get your followers to learn/use found schematics? And if not, is it then impossible, short of cheating, to complete the Iron Clan quest as a mage (since you have to make the Iron Clan key, which requires tech aptitude)?

2. Luchaire

Luchaire New Member

Well.........the key is only needed to open a lock....... and there's more than one way to open a lock....... surely, if you are a mage, you have a certain spell in the Conveyance college for that purpose?

A fate point and a simple set of lockpicks would also work, even for the most inept would-be thief.

3. Josh

Josh New Member

He is impersonating Arronax because if he revlied to you that he was Kerghan, and told you the whole plan, It would have screwed up his whole thing with the Dark Elves, plus the game would have gone very differently had you knowen

4. Argoso

Argoso New Member

Not with that particular lock...
    I don't know if you've actually done the Iron Clan quest before, but at one point you need the IC key to open a locked ancient safe. The safe's 100% magic proof (unlocking cantrip won't work), lockpicking proof, and unbreakable.

5. Josh

Josh New Member

My mage character didnt have any tech skills and he did it just fine

6. Argoso

Argoso New Member

Ok, thanks. That probably means that critical tech items (Wheel Clan spectacles, IC key) don't require a positive tech aptitude. I'm not 100% sure, but I'm also guessing that if you really needed to, you could buy tech manuals to boost tech temporarily...

7. Argoso

Argoso New Member

Oh, and I just remembered something else. One of the IC key components, the mithril ore, has the blue magic symbol on it, which might explain why mages can use it to create the key. :)

8. Josh

Josh New Member

glad to help! hope you also now know why Kerghan imporsonated Arronax

9. Yyde

Yyde New Member

This is pissing me off, I cannot remember who the fuck gives me the Schematics for the key! I have the ore, the heartstone, and to my suprise, no schematic! Who gives the schematic in the WC?

10. Josh

Josh New Member

He is in one of the rooms in the upper corner of the area with the shops, next to the guy that wants you to find his brother

Our Host!