Troubles In Tulla

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by YeaYea2001, Jul 14, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

Ok, Im in Tulla, I need to talk to Peliojian or whoever, I got his amulet, Im wearing it, I got all the books, what do i do now?

2. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Read the books. They tell you in which order to stand on the buttons around the fountain. You have to do this between 12 midnight and 1am though, or sometimes it doesn't work.

Once you've got pelogian though, it doesn't matter how long you leave him standing there! :wink:

3. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

I did that, but once I stepped on the second button, the first one went away

4. Ferret

Ferret New Member

There are only two reasons for this:

1. You didn't do them in the correct order.
    2. You didn't do it just after midnight.

I know of no known bugs concerning this issue.

3. Just a thought... but you were wearing the amulet right?

5. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

I WAS wearing the amulet, I DID them in the correct order and it was AFTER midnight and BEFORE 1 am, it isnt a bug because its worked b4

6. Josh

Josh New Member

hmmm, just recheck the order you did it in then

7. Yyde

Yyde New Member

Um, just in referance to the "Between 12-1" thing, I did it at about 3pm, and it worked fine for me....would this be a bug?

8. Argoso

Argoso New Member

Did you step on them in the right order? (You should probably tell your followers to wait somewhere so they don't accidentally step on one by mistake). And make sure you're stepping on the right set of round tiles. They should be the 5 tiles around the round fountain that's located between the main Tulla building and the entrance portal, not the tiles next to the various buildings that you got the books. Also, the ordering of the tiles isn't neccessarily the ordering of the symbols as they appear in the numbered books, you have to solve the clue in each book to determine the order. For example, if you see a star shape in the book labelled #1, you aren't neccessarily supposed to step on the star tile first, you have to pay attention to the clue. Anyways, this is the right order:

#1 Nova (four pronged star)
    #2 Spiral
    #3 Asterisk (five pronged star)
    #4 Cross inside a circle
    #5 Three pronged symbol

9. Albrek

Albrek New Member

im hacin a similar problem
    im in tulla, i have the 4 books and the ammy, i step on the stones and they dont light up at all
    this is when im wearing the ammy too
    whats the name of the ammy to make sure tho?

Ive been stuck on Tulla for ages. i think it may be because one of my team mates picked up the amulet, and not me, i dunno, hlep?

10. Argoso

Argoso New Member

Pelojian's Amulet

If you're really stuck, I think you might be able to completely bypass Tulla and go directly to Vendy by setting your map to these coordinates: 308W, 587S

I don't think it technically matters if you actually speak to Pelojian or not, as long as you eventually go to Vendigroth and get the device. He's just there to give you the location of the ruins.

11. Yyde

Yyde New Member

Ok, this is completely leaving the fountain, and I was just wondering about that maze you do for the student. Ok, I got down there before, but I screwed up somehow and got stuck, so I re-loaded. Now, I'm not sure if I'm using the right way down....can someone tell me how? I would greatly appreaciate it!

12. Argoso

Argoso New Member

In the first room in the maze, you have to take all the items in the chests. In the following rooms, you have to be wearing ONE specific item (experiment to see which item it is) and none of the other items (except your own original equipment). In the next to the last room you have to wear all the equipment you found in the chest. In the final room with the chalice, you have to be wearing none of the equipment. AFAIK, you can never be stuck in the maze, since you get everything you need to complete it, and all the items reset after you exit.

13. Yyde

Yyde New Member

I know which item to wear when, I've known the entire time, I just wanna know how to get down there!

14. Argoso

Argoso New Member

It's next to (south-west from) the Pelojian fountain. The entrance is a gateway/arch that warps you into the labyrinth.

15. Yyde

Yyde New Member

wtf?! I went there over and over and over and over, ect. but NEVER again since I re-loaded has it fucking worked! Any suggestions?

16. Argoso

Argoso New Member

You need an object called something like F'Naal's (sp?) Coin for the arch portal to work. It was given to you by the mage who gave you the quest. It looks exactly like a Mnura coin (you didn't sell it, did you?).

17. Yyde

Yyde New Member

Fuck! I think I just might have!!! DAMMIT!

Yay! I didn't!

Our Host!