Hacking crisis averted... I hope...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Calis, Jul 31, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Calis

Calis Member

Added some extra security to the admin pages, so no worries about goatse.cx pictures (how original, by the way) showing up anymore, i hope. I reverted the ranks database to an older backup, so that should be good again as well.

If any of you crackerboys feels like enlightening me on how you can make yourself an admin on this forum, I'd really appreciate it. Also, I'd like to know what I have done to incur your all-powerful wrath.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Calis on 2001-07-31 07:36 ]</font>

2. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

What happend? I fall into a Tribes 2 induced coma for 4 hours, and now i missed something

3. Calis

Calis Member

Well, Archangel, two cracker kiddies (there were two different IPs in the logs) decided to have a bit of fun with this forum. Apparently, there's an exploit somewhere that enables you to make yourself an administrator (it should be secure now though. I put some overkill security on the admin pages), and these kiddies used that to mess up a few things. They placed a disgusting image there first and after I deleted that they put some javascript there that was designed to crash browsers. 'tis all gone now though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Calis on 2001-07-31 09:45 ]</font>

4. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

I really wish i had kept my hack progs, could've backlashed at em for this

5. Sethmage

Sethmage New Member

What the hell was that? Imagine my surprise when I wanted to check out new postings and all I’ve got was some really messy staff. I must congratulate you thought on quick response to the problem.

6. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

What was the stuff! I tried to check forums around 2a.m.(est) and they (And the site) were down.

7. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

Hey calis I saw something you might be interested in I'm sending you an email.

8. Lytinwheedle

Lytinwheedle New Member

Oh, when you find out, could you please post all the details of the hacker on the board. I hate those pathetic worms, they should die!

9. Wojit

Wojit New Member

Well...

If anyone has suddenly got the King title, it is probably them...
    :grin:

Our Host!