Deep15 Mod Announced

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by HexRei, Mar 2, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. HexRei

HexRei New Member

Alright, I'm officially announcing the side-project I've been working on for a couple of months. It's called Deep15 and it's post-apocalyptic :smile:.

Check out the site and some screenies here:

http://www.weekapaugclan.com/deep15

2. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Looks bloody impressive HexRei... SWEEEEEEET :grin:

3. HexRei

HexRei New Member

Thanks Dark Underlord :smile:

4. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

I'm having some problem with the Sierra Arcanum WorldEd Forum, so I'll answer the question you posted up there in here.

----------------------
    HexRei - 01:13pm Mar 3, 2002 PST
    Portland, Oregon
    1. Teleport everyone in group (NPC and PC, singleplayer) to map 5003 X:247 Y:131

2. Return and Skip Default.

Strangely, when I use attach this script to the use point of a scenery piece, it teleports only the party members, and not the PC. It is doing this in two test cases I have. Doesn't it logically follow that this would teleport the PC and his party members?

And even more strangely, if I remove all party members, it will teleport the PC alone.
    ----------------------

I presume you're trying to teleport a PC and his followers? Have you tried just a normal "teleport triggerer" script? THis is from the WorldEd Manual:

teleport (obj) to map (num) at X:(num) Y:(num)

teleport the object (and its whole party, if a leader critter) to the new map at the specified location. Valid map numbers can be seen in WorldEd in the File->Open Map dialog.

Key sentence there is '(and its whole party, if a leader critter)'. See how that goes. (Again, presuming you haven't already tried it and that you are teleporting a PC with followers.)

I've been trying to post that for the past 20 minutes over at Sierra.... The forum takes forever and then gives some erorr about it only being a mirror and that it's out of sync. THEN it tells me that only the Sysop can post.... So there you go....

5. HexRei

HexRei New Member

Hehe, it's giving me the same error, DU. Those Sierra forums are iffy, hehe.

I don't know what a normal "teleport trigger" script is...

But strangely, using "Player" as the obj does teleport the entire party, but using "Everyone in group (PC and NPC, singleplayer)" only teleports the party members if party members are present.

I guess since the teleport action already moves the entire party, it must not like having the entire party specified as the object.

I'm just gonna stick with Player for now, since it seems to work well in all situations.

Thanks for the help, DU. :smile:

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't access Hexrei's website, are you sure that your website is working?

7. HexRei

HexRei New Member

The site is down. Deep15 is dead :(

8. Jasper_Chen

Jasper_Chen New Member

9. Jasper_Chen

Jasper_Chen New Member

i hope whitesands and deep15 will both be available soon

10. Lore Development Team

Lore Development Team New Member

So HexRei, you say you have room on your site. We want someone who has a history of NEVER losing a mod or taking down a webpage. Someone reliable. That is why we chose DU, DU has the right attitude and the right kind of server that stays up. That is why I must say "no" to your post about you wanting to host our module. Were here to satisfy YOU people, and your all flaming the LORE Team just because we been at work since November? Well I'm going to type one last classifie piece of information:

Since Nov. 16th, 2002, we have lost many members. The LORE Team was well on its way to completing LORE: Fellowship of Bale when several team members left along with our Co-Admin, Ghallant, to work on a module called TideFighter. However, Ghallant had no backup file when the module crashed and got erased, thus, the team was disappointed and left the Arcanum Mod making scene. Ghallant, wanting to stay interested and not move on to Neverwinter Nights, or Dungeon Siege. Still loyal to Arcanum, Ghallant returned to the LORE Modulation team, and asked some of the old team members if they could. Unfortunately, each one said no. So we were pretty much cut by 75% with only 7-10 members. That disband happened in Feburary. Since then, we've been keeping backups, up to date, and decided to stay under-cover until a few days when we announced our module. That is why were recruiting in new members with Arcanum experience. So please all of you, dont flame the LORE Team.

11. HexRei

HexRei New Member

Heh. I didn't "lose" anything. The domain I was hosting on expired and I saw no real reason to renew it, as the people that I was running the domain for went out of business.
    However, if you would like to see what I had completed, check out www.subtend.net/~peter You can download all the data yourself. The mods are far from done, but they are still very detailed and intricate.
    I had literally hundreds of completed scripts and dialogs, a couple dozen maps, hex edited .pro files for new monsters and items, and plenty of other stuff. And my "team" was me, plus a musician and a hex editor (thanks Otto). So you saying that you lost team members doesn't mean much, cause you don't need a huge team to mod.
    Unfortunately, WorldEd pissed me off one to many times and I had pressing issues like "work" and "school" getting in the way. But my bet is that I have more done now than we'll ever see from you.
    But please, by all means, prove me wrong. If you can.

12. Lore Development Team

HexRei I believe Codey was very very impatient with you.

I'm different. Here goes: I get a 404 error, also if you REALLY have Hex-Edited .pro files to make new animations, new monsters, etc., we'll gladly speak to you about making you part of our team. Codey and Ghallant are kind of rude, however, I'm not. Email us. I'm on for about 1 hour and 45 mins because I have some work to do on DoT. PLEASE email us.

Sincerely,

Nicholas Freedman

13. HexRei

HexRei New Member

for some reason HoL has made the trailing period a part of the link.
    Link edited to remove the period- voila, no more 404.
    Anyway, thanks for the offer, but I am not interested in modding Arcanum any longer. However, my download contains a whole lot of info, most of it contributed by Otto, on editing .pro files. It's not really very hard.

14. Lore Development Team

I'm downloading the .dat file. Does the BIG FAT ZIP file thats 65 MB's have the edited .pro files? Are the viewable in WorldEd?

Also- If the .pro files are in the big fat zip I'm sorry but we cant DL them. The computer were using doesnt have a Cable Modem. (yet)

15. HexRei

HexRei New Member

Unfortunately, the .pro files are (IIRC) only in the bigfat zip. Putting new.pro's into the dat unfortuantely doesn't make them useable in either WorldEd or Arcanum.

16. Lore Development Team

WorldEd.exe crashes when I try to undat your Deep15 mod. I'll keep on trying. In the meantime please refrain from flaming The LORE Team, this is a civil forum, so lets stay civil.

17. HexRei

HexRei New Member

Yep, like I said, WorldEd fucked my mod pretty good. I'd suggest undatting it with the command line undat.exe, then put it into the proper place in the temp directory.

Also, as far as flaming- your lackey started the flame war, not me. I'd suggest you teach him how to better deal with criticism.

18. HexRei

HexRei New Member

I didn't mean that in a flamey way either... as a modder, you get TONS of criticism and it's very easy to take criticism of the mod or team personally, but that won't do anything but make the public (the people you are releasing the mod to) dislike you.

19. Lore Development Team

Well if we cannot find a host then the distribution of DoT will have to be put on the backburner.

20. HexRei

HexRei New Member

You are welcome to use my site as a download mirror. Subtend.net has been up for about 3 years now and will not be disappearing anytime soon... it's co-loed on an OC48 (lots of bandwidth) and is very reliable.
    All you have to do is get the file to me somehow, and I can put it up and email you the download link.

Our Host!