what DO you guys do for a living?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tzehoong, Apr 5, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Any sugestions to what work i should get? Want to be a god thoguh so if anyone know a way of becoming one i em listening :grin:

2. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Well, DU, your life story certainly reduces my perception of your age - I had you pegged for mid to late 20's, but looks like I was wrong.

Quethim, people also say they can stop smoking all the time. Old habits die hard.

As for my life story, well, I finished school, and got into my Uni degree. I'm in the second of three years. Now that I'm there, I'm questioning what I'm doing there, because all I want to do is do shit all for the rest of my life...and possibly jump ship and go to England or America to get away from my responsibilities :smile:. Instead, I'm going to finish my degree and get a job.

3. Vlad the Imposter

Vlad the Imposter New Member

I will put my two cents in.

I am currently employed as an Engineering Technician at a power plant in western Pennsylvania. I have a Bachelor's degree in Nuclear Engineering Technology from Thomas Edison State College and am working on completing a Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering. I am in charge of my plant's maintenance program. It is all done via computers, so I spend most of my day in front of mine. That is how I can post all day.

BTW, gamenut, how did you end up with my other job (protecting Jar)?

4. gamenut

gamenut New Member

Read the other post I made in answer to your question on the topic, where is jar.

5. Ct0fDiscord

Ct0fDiscord New Member

I'll probably be working at a grocery store this summer.
    (I'm 14, I don't even have a work permit yet). But still, minimum wage to a 14 year old adds up to a lot because we don't have to pay any bills or anything like that :D

6. gamenut

gamenut New Member

I'm probably the youngest person in this forum that actively posts.

7. Skie88

Skie88 New Member

im working at an it firm and been using their resources in surfing and posting in forum like this.. :wink: Gamenut could be the youngest but Im not the oldest........hopefully..... :eek: don't look at me, there are a lot of other candidates here..:lol:

8. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Yep. You should be thinking low 20's. :)

Bah.. They've changed the "quote" code? Now I need to quote = name? Bah....

It's kind of funny reading that. It kind of validates my decisions. Because I went through the whole "What to do" part already, I'm really pushing to actually DO something. If I went to UNI, I get the feeling I'd go pure egghead and ace the class :) Mainly because I WANT to. I think if I hadn't been through what I did, I'd probably be in Uni thinking the same thing. I think everyone has to go through that "teenage angst" for themselves. It's not something that can be substituted for, by being told by someone that "You should do this rah rah rah.... Because it'll benefit you in the long run". I think everyone has to learn it for themselves, from their own experiences.

Why am I a little concerned for the power supply in Pennsylvania?? :D It's that "Nuclear" word in there that concerns me..... I suppose, if Pennsylvania ever disappears of off the map of the U.S.A, then we'll all know who to blame. :)

9. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Would anyone notice, or even care, DU :D?

Also, I seriously doubt what I am experiencing is 'Teenage Angst'. That to me suggest all sorts of rebellious things. I don't do all sorts of rebellious things. I am experiencing that wonderful thing known as 'doubt'. I 'doubt' what I am doing as the correct path, even though I'm pretty sure that it was. I'm 'doubting' I chose the correct degree. I'm 'doubtful' that I'll get a job.

Hence, I am a 'doubter' and not a 'Teenage Angster'.

10. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

I em suffering from the same thing jar, i don't rightly know what i would like to become but i got alot of time to think so that is not much of a problem.
    I think that if i just take the classes that i em good at then i will eventually end upp in a job that i like.

11. Brand

Brand New Member

Life story:

Went to school
    depressed
    Had to go to summer school to finish High School
    Went to art school for webpage design
    Mom made me go back to work
    Dropped out of school
    Worked
    Went to community
    Dropped out
    Worked at EB as Senior Sales, but also did all the ASM work, since there wasn't a ASM.
    Quite and Cursed of my new manger
    Had a Mental Break down
    Now is a bum

There is more, but I don't want to bore you with the details.

12. Ioo

Ioo New Member

Comon, I double dare ya!

13. LydiaElf

LydiaElf New Member

14. Notharah

Notharah New Member

Burning the world Lydia just saved. 8) And destroying a city which Lydia will then save.
    (we work as a team, I supply her with work, and she makes sure I can do more evil deeds)

In real life... student (YAWN), well atleast I've got summer holliday starting next monday... :D :D :D :D :D :D

15. Vyaas

Vyaas New Member

Currently a restaurant delivery boy. Yes, said but it doesn't pay too bad. I'm also a freelance writer, though no really wants to pay for good quality writing nowadays...so yeah, life's pretty damn boring..

16. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

17. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Can you deliver one in my back jard? A italian one in marble but with wines hanging over the rof and a few violin players, with lot of pizza in the oven, the chef must know how to make different kinds of pizza. Stone floor wich can be danced on. Yes, and leave the anchovies.

Deliver it to my house in less than half a hour and i will give a nice tip.

18. Vyaas

Vyaas New Member

I deliver food from restaurants okay? I knew you were going to find a way to make fun of me..why do I even try?..*sighs*

19. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

20. LydiaElf

LydiaElf New Member

Well, you know Qilikatal, that "food for the people" thing...

Our Host!