Problems with a schematic

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by xzavier, Apr 5, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. xzavier

xzavier New Member

I have found the schematic for Shrecks Multi-Barreled Gun in Bates' factory, but I can't learn it. Is this a bug or what? I have a 19 INT and doctorates in all but herbology and therapeutics, but as far as I know these don't matter for learning schematics. Any thoughts?

2. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

Do you have the items you need?

And, uh... WELCOME TO THE FORUM! :wavey:

3. Orlon KA-Lor

Orlon KA-Lor New Member

Spoiler
    Its a quest item. you can't use it. Its one of the thieves quest items. Its worth about 500 on the black market but you have to be a memebr of the thievs guild to sell stuff their. If I remember there are about 10 quest items in tarant that have little or no value outside the black market.

4. xzavier

xzavier New Member

I can't tell what items are needed if I can't even learn the schematic. besides, you don't need the components just to learn a schematic. But, thanks for the input about it being a quest item, though I think it's kinda silly that I can't learn it just for that reason. Guess I'll just have to stick with the trusty looking glass rifle eh. Oh, and thanks for the warm welcome!

5. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

Long Range Pistol MUCH better. Combine Looking Glass Rile with Gun Chassis, same damage as LGR but one handed

6. xzavier

xzavier New Member

It's sorta off the subject, but what the hell. Do you know where I might find the schematic for the long range range pistol? I think it's one of the few I haven't found yet besides the rifled cannon and the grenade launcher. I haven't been playing the game very long though either.

7. Orlon KA-Lor

Orlon KA-Lor New Member

The best thing to do to get schematics is the following. There is aprt of taratn were the gunsmith, armor smith and tech/herb stor all reall close to each other. Go to each one and check for schematics. These are the best stores to get the ones you can buy. Once you have checked all of the stores rest for one full day a full screen from any of the stores. Their inventory will have changed. Rinse reapeat. I did this for about 5 game weeks and I have a shiot load of schematics. LOTS of grenades and such HTH

8. xzavier

xzavier New Member

Thanks for the tip, though I have tried that. Guess I'll just have to keep playing the lottery.

9. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

You could try to steal it from the guy you gave it to it might (never tried this) work then.

10. Deadly Bread

Deadly Bread New Member

Stealing it back doesn't work, I'm pretty sure the gun doesn't exist in the game, so you can never make it, no matter what.

Our Host!