I pulled a stupid

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by kekoa2002, Apr 5, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. kekoa2002

kekoa2002 New Member

ok folks I pulled a stupid, I wanted to be an expert thrower and i was very, greedy, so i bought ONE, this is the key, teleport scroll. i teleported to k'na and got the starfish thing =). ok here is the thing. I am stuck on the other side of the mountains and i have no way to get back... I have tried the pass, cuz i have been reading like mad. i found the elven city and tried looking for a magic person to sell me a teleport scroll with no luck. I pary that i am not screwed up the arse. thank you for any help you can provide.

kenny,

2. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

3. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

To recap what my good friend Etalis is trying to say. You---are---FUCKED

4. Etalis Craftlord

That's not a recap, and you're not my friend.

But yes, that is what I was getting at.

And.... Welcome to the forum :wavey:

<edit> HAH Rosie! Now MY greeting is above YOURS! MWAAAHAHAHA :p

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Etalis Craftlord on 2002-04-04 22:44 ]</font>

5. kekoa2002

kekoa2002 New Member

um....

you guys can at least say it nicly... I mean i am stressed enough already I don't need people telling me that I have wasted several hours of my life on a ... on a ... STUPID...son of a bitc... ok.. well. do what you can please

6. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

when you say you have tried the pass, did you go to the location on the world map, and then fight your way to the other side?

and, uh...

WELCOME!!!!!! :wavey:

7. kekoa2002

kekoa2002 New Member

well

the map tells me that my path is blocked when i click i location. is that an error with an "inferior" version, I was thinking about patching this mofo but i don't if it will help i kinda doubt it. what would you do in my shoes?

8. Etalis Craftlord

9. kekoa2002

kekoa2002 New Member

ok then

I'll giver a try... and get back to you if it works

10. Etalis Craftlord

11. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

if the first time you try to go to a location it says it's blocked, try approaching it from another direction...

12. Bralkein

Bralkein New Member

Another thing you could do is cheat. You could use a handy little program to edit your save and give you teleport spell. BUT! Buttabuttabutta.... I have heard that editing a character like this can make it impossible to export the character so it can be used in multiplayer.

But then again, multiplayer is broken, really badly. And it's anyone's guess when (if?) that will be fixed. Rather a pity...

13. Etalis Craftlord

I wouldn't count on it, Bralkein. If you want to play multiplayer, then go for (Foreverandeverand)EverQuest or Diablo II. Arcanum's strength is in the RPG part, so it doesn't translate well to multiplayer without significant editing, and there doesn't appear to be much support for it anyway.

Maybe in the sequel, though...

14. Bralkein

Bralkein New Member

No! NO! Not EQ AGAIN! That game has already killed most of my brain... too.... much... camping... *cough*

Mind you, DAoC is like like watching paint dry, so not much better there then...

...hoo boy, I guess I might go back to AO, take that week's free trial, see if it's still broken...

...um, anyway, yeah, not much chance of Arcanum getting fixed, like you said... But it sure would be cool to team up with some other characters, and go and bash elves together :wink:

OOH YAH good thought, if you're a half-decent fighter, you could go to the Bangellian Deeps... if you get past the first monster in there, there's a chest with like all the crap from the mage shop in Tarant in there... should be a telly scroll in there :smile:

But I thought that was a bit odd at the time, so could be a me-only bug. But 'tis worth a try.

15. Orlon KA-Lor

Orlon KA-Lor New Member

No it was there for me too, the first monster is not too bad. Go in the cave entrance and hang a right. Its one of those red ape things. Kill it and take the chest. There should be at least one tele scroll in there. Good idea Bralkien

16. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Or you sould just fight yourself arounf the continent untill you learned the teleport spell.

Our Host!